ACE Sliders or Performance Rock Rails

mtpilatus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon
I think I have it narrowed down to these for my Rubicon. Having a hard time deciding which way to go. They will double as a step as my wife is vertically challenged.
Sponsored

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
I think I have it narrowed down to these for my Rubicon. Having a hard time deciding which way to go. They will double as a step as my wife is vertically challenged.
Have you considered the rock hard angled up/down rails? The reason I went for these instead of the ACE is because I was able to recoup some cost from selling my existing rubi rails and the rock hard had more mounting points for stability. Ace was the cheapest but not by much, Rock hard angled down provided the best step for the vertically challenged.

OP
OP
mtpilatus

mtpilatus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you considered the rock hard angled up/down rails? The reason I went for these instead of the ACE is because I was able to recoup some cost from selling my existing rubi rails and the rock hard had more mounting points for stability. Ace was the cheapest but not by much, Rock hard angled down provided the best step for the vertically challenged.
I have considered them. Just not a big fan of the angled down looks.

Kch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon,1932 ford sedan,1932 ford coupe,1931 ford sedan,1959 Olds custom1959 Olds custom
Just a data point, i love my Ace sliders.

Sponsored

Kch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon,1932 ford sedan,1932 ford coupe,1931 ford sedan,1959 Olds custom1959 Olds custom
How hard were they to install?
Not hard. There are some videos on the web. Just go slow when removing the body bolts. Do not use an impact to remove them.

Canadian GP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Canadian Postie.
I've had my ACE sliders on my JKU for 7 years and they have taken many hard hits on the rocks we wheel on and only once did I actually dent one. ACE doesn't have the best powder coating on them but I just spray them with bedliner when needed. Install is easy, I did mine by myself with just a floor jack on the floor of my garage.

Gladiator Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JTR
Love my performance rock rails. Just big enough for a step for wife and kids, yet narrow enough I step over with ease. Very understated look too.

C9F34C14-D2BE-404F-9010-1CC816A4D3D0.jpeg

NJKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Has anyone had the dealer install their ACE sliders? I was thinking about it when mine finally come in, just for the front body mount bolt issue. I figure if they break a bolt, I’m covered lol

pkings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4runner
Has anyone had the dealer install their ACE sliders? I was thinking about it when mine finally come in, just for the front body mount bolt issue. I figure if they break a bolt, I’m covered lol

I'm having the dealer install mine. Ordered mine a month ago so waiting on them to come in

Sponsored

chaskarubicon

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I had my dealer install mine...glad they did. Broke two bolts. They replaced and off I went. Worth the few $$ they charged me.

Buzzlb

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland: The Overcon ‘82 CJ-7
Build Thread
Link
Ace is great for the step and protection!
Recommended.
Easy install, about an hour or so, no issues.
see The Overcon for pics & install

OP
OP
mtpilatus

mtpilatus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any pics of the ACEs installed? Pics on their website leave something to be desired. Also, do they ever offer free shipping?

NJKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Yeah, I just was at the dealer and was told they charge 1.5 hours. Instantly he knew and commented about those bolts.

I live by built not bought but, I’m not playing with those 6 bolts.

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Praetorian"
I had Ace sliders on my JKU and they were one of the first mods I did on my Gladiator. I installed them myself. They're not hard to install, but I can understand having a shop do it due to the body bolts being a PITA to remove.

They're on my Jeep in my profile pic.
Sponsored