Sponsored

Active Safety in a 22…should I just order?

Bes518

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave soon
Hi guys,
First post. Been admiring your trucks for months as a lurker. I’m looking for a Mojave but I’m having a hell of a time finding one in any state near me in my color choice that has leather and the Active Safety Features (plus braking assist, etc). I can see that orders are taking a while as well but my dealer can’t seem to find a matching truck for me.

Can the Safety features be added later on by a Jeep dealer? I’ve got little kids so I’m trying to make this as safe as possible. Thanks.
Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Just order it. You might even save money. But what you order will be a '23, not a '22. No changes, though.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Safety features being added later... i don't see that happening. Not saying it can't be done, just no idea who would be able to do it for you. I'm willing to bet the number of Jeep techs capable of adding ADAS to a Jeep are probably in the single digits nation-wide. And the cost to do it if you were to find such a guy would probably be astronomical.

Ordering is definitely the way to go IMO. Make sure you take advantage of one of the many dealers who'll let you order 3-8% below invoice, don't just go with your local at MSRP or you're leaving thousands on the table.

OP
OP
Bes518

Bes518

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave soon
Thanks guys!! Will look around for a good dealer to order from tomorrow.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
I have the option. Recently I added the steel bumper which had me route all of my option through that bumper.

There is a lot of wire, sensors, sensor harnesses, and that's just the bumper.

Buy this from the factory. This from a guy who added the Front trailcam.

Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks guys!! Will look around for a good dealer to order from tomorrow.
I might be in the minority, but active safety and adaptive cruise make the gladiator amazing in my opinion. If I ever trade (which I probably won’t) I won’t consider one without it.

Marlinvx

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTD, 2022 Audi Q3 S line
Occupation
Retired Navy, current Engineer
I have the option. Recently I added the steel bumper which had me route all of my option through that bumper.

There is a lot of wire, sensors, sensor harnesses, and that's just the bumper.

Buy this from the factory. This from a guy who added the Front trailcam.
Huh, I just changed out my front bumper in a 2022, I have every option, Adaptive Cruise, Collision Warning, etc. Nothing in the bumper except the LED foglight harness. All the safety stuff is driven by cameras located in front of the rearview mirror up against the windshield.
Jeep Gladiator Active Safety in a 22…should I just order? Screenshot 2022-08-10 081709

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I think they might have been referring to the rear bumper sensors. I concur. The front is in the windshield.

Pescatoral Pursuit

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 F-150, ‘15 CTS, ‘21 JT Urban Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Plumba
I WANTED adaptive cruise.
I HAD to get active safety to get the adaptive cruise.
Active safety paid for itself in the first few months.

Sponsored

Marlinvx

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I think they might have been referring to the rear bumper sensors. I concur. The front is in the windshield.
I am not sure what is in the rear bumper. The crosspath and blindspot stuff is in the tail light assemblies I believe. I don't see any wiring in my rear bumper except the hitch stuff and license plate lights, but I could be wrong. I haven't taken it off, never really saw a reason to replace the rear bumper... I certainly don't see the sensor pods like my Ford and Audi have.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I am not sure what is in the rear bumper. The crosspath and blindspot stuff is in the tail light assemblies I believe. I don't see any wiring in my rear bumper except the hitch stuff and license plate lights, but I could be wrong. I haven't taken it off, never really saw a reason to replace the rear bumper... I certainly don't see the sensor pods like my Ford and Audi have.
Mine and others have back up sensors in the bumper. Many aftermarket rear bumpers have holes so you can retain your sensors. The blind spot sensors are in the tail lights, correctly mentioned above.

Jeep Gladiator Active Safety in a 22…should I just order? AA2B7807-1C83-4D6E-9522-DCC41A6BFA92

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I might be in the minority, but active safety and adaptive cruise make the gladiator amazing in my opinion. If I ever trade (which I probably won’t) I won’t consider one without it.
Meh. I've had active safety type stuff for years. my 2012 fusion had blind spot with cross traffic and AEB. my 2016 MKZ had the same. my 2015 K900 had blindspot with indicators on the HUD (which was a million times nicer than mirror only indicators) and adaptive cruise and AEB. No lane keep, but my wife's rav4 has that and i've driven plenty of cars with it before.

I would not buy a car occupying the cruiser space without ADAS systems. But that's not what I bought my truck for. I wanted a manual transmission and as little interference as possible. While BLIS was always nice it was a lot more the cross-traffic alert that I felt was useful, and in a truck on 35s there's not much that blocks my view coming out of a parking spot.

I have no problem with people who enjoy this stuff, i've certainly enjoyed it in the past. But what makes my gladiator amazing is the 3rd pedal, and adaptive cruise doesn't mix with manuals nearly as well as it does with automatics. Especially in a vehicle where the minimum cruise speed for top gear is 65. On the highway any little slowdown will require interaction and once you hit that clutch the cruise shuts off.

Marlinvx

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Agreed. I had a 2020 gladiator that didn't have adaptive cruise. My other vehicles do, and it was enough for me to order a new gladiator. I was holding out for the 392, but that looks to be cancelled, so I ordered the EcoD with it. I just wish it had lane centering like my audi and subaru do :(

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Huh, I just changed out my front bumper in a 2022, I have every option, Adaptive Cruise, Collision Warning, etc. Nothing in the bumper except the LED foglight harness. All the safety stuff is driven by cameras located in front of the rearview mirror up against the windshield.
Jeep Gladiator Active Safety in a 22…should I just order? AA2B7807-1C83-4D6E-9522-DCC41A6BFA92
Active Safety Group doesn't have anything in the front bumper. The Park sense and cross path detection are the 4 sensors in the rear bumper. There is lot of wiring in there for them.
Sponsored