First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Interesting, I'm about to order a Model Y Performance, but hesitant because I want a "Plaid" version. Tesla hasn't mentioned a Plaid model Y but I would feel crappy if it came out after I bought mines.
dm me if you want more info. There’s some better vehicles coming soon
Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
This is the quote without the advanced safety group, and also without the full glass coverage which I recently added:

Jeep Gladiator Adaptive Cruise Control: yay or nay? 1616005912172

Here's my current policy WITH full glass coverage, zero deductible. Without the glass add-on it was under $50.

Jeep Gladiator Adaptive Cruise Control: yay or nay? 1616005981575

So over $400/year saved, which pays for the safety features and more.

OP
OP
wvuviv30

wvuviv30

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTO
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Live Sound Engineer - Meerkat Sound
Back on adaptive cruise and AEB... My credit union that has the loan has been nagging me to get a quote for insurance from them. So I did. I tried quoting the Gladiator both with and without ACC/AEB. My current insurance gives a huge discount for having them. So did some of their quotes, as much as a 40% difference with these safety features. So they pay for themselves, and more. And if insurance company statistics say they save money, then it also proves they save crashes and possibly lives.
Insurance is always asking what safety features are included on the vehicle.

bentrod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Diesel
Jeeps need LESS electrical gadgetry, not more!
I'm on this side of the fence as well.
My new Gladiator has neither ACC or back up safety group. I don't want anything tying into my braking system without my direct consent!
And speaking of driving...
I know how to drive thank you very much and I do it with my full attention. Its a dying skill. I take great pride in my driving. Its serious business. ( Even when I screw around I do it right! I cut perfect donuts! :) Granted right place and time for it )
On the other hand some people need ACC or much better yet.... stay the hell off the roads! Stay home, take Uber, take a bus, walk!
Put down the phone, makeup, blow-dryer, hair curlers, pets, burgers and latte and actually pay full attention to ....driving!
Drive with a buddy or pull over if you must do the above. Simple.

Oh and look, here we go. Again!
https://insideevs.com/news/494714/tesla-crashes-with-semi-investigation-underway/

I won't option for ACC until its perfected ( Its NOT ) in both the vehicle and the road itself ( like imbedding magnets / sensors into the roadway - or whatever tech needed to make this like a jetliner on auto pilot / auto land - the real deal )

All of the crap I just said is not directed towards any individual here. Just my extremely unpopular opinion. If the ACC works for you and your happy that's great. We can still wave at each other!

Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
I don't want anything tying into my braking system without my direct consent!
Yet you have it, like it or not. It's still there. Ever heard of ABS and traction control? It's exactly the same mechanicals, you just get less out of them. If you have a Rubicon, it's also got the ability to do hill decent and traction control.

bentrod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Diesel
Yet you have it, like it or not. It's still there. Ever heard of ABS and traction control? It's exactly the same mechanicals, you just get less out of them. If you have a Rubicon, it's also got the ability to do hill decent and traction control.
Yeah to a point. But I gotta put on the brakes for it to kick in but I hear ya.

bolingde

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladitor
I have it but have never used. It just seems odd or unsettling to give that much control over to a computer. When I sit in the left front seat (in the US) I am the driver not a passenger.
Statically it's the driver having control that's the problem not the car or computer. No one ever gets in a car thinking they'll need help driving (well maybe a few do, lol).

4EIEIO

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
CIO
Same story here, I got a Subaru Ascent with no strong feelings on the ACC but after using it on the Subaru, it was a ‘must have’ on the Gladiator. System is not as good as the Subaru but still nice.
One of the things I like a lot more about the Subaru is that the car will come to a complete stop with the ACC and then STAY STOPPED. I really dislike that the Jeep will stop but then start moving unless you put your foot on the brake. First world problem, I know, but makes it just that much more enjoyable to drive the Subaru in Houston traffic vs Jeep
Thank You Gulf_coasterHTX, post: 670784, I was unaware of the post stop creep. My Caddy was the same as your Subaru, it stayed stopped without needed to put my foot on the brake, which would have disengaged the system the same as if I depressed the accelerator peddle.

jbmdux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
That scenario is actually on you. The system is doing what it's supposed to do slow down to the slower moving vehicle. Your supposed to be paying attention to what's happening around you, and If you don't want to be stuck behind a slower car till it moves or speeds up change lanes yourself.
Regular cruise control would have your Jeep going 73mph all the way till you impact the 65mph vehicle in front of you.
So I'm not really seeing your point, ACC or Regular CC you could avoid what you described by changing lanes first.
No, I would notice I was gaining on the vehicle in front and take appropriate action. I use Cruise so I don't have to keep looking at a speedometer.

Sponsored

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I had it on all my other Jeeps but didn't order it on my overland, I've only used it a total of 3 times in a couple years so it hasn't been worth it for me, if you have long drives often then it might be worth it for you, otherwise it's not, it's also a pain to go through the recal process everytime a windshield breaks.

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
Who has the Adaptive Cruise Control? How do you like it?
With the JT being my Daily Driver, I keep going back and forth on if I want to try and locate one with Adaptive Cruise Control.
We have ACC on out Nissan Murano and find it useful on the highways with some traffic.

Edit: How does it compare to other manufactures?
I have it in my Tacoma, but don't like it. Someone pulled directly in front of me going about 70 and the truck slammed on the brakes. Never again.

WhyNotJeep

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4,,, '14 Wrangler JKUR
Occupation
Done with it
I just hope the ACC gives the driver behind it enough time to react and avoid a crash. I seldom use CC as i know how to let off the gas and slow down. Wait till all these auto cars are 10+ years old and the electronics are dying. Perfectly good cars will be scraped due to electronics and smog failures.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
I have it in my Tacoma, but don't like it. Someone pulled directly in front of me going about 70 and the truck slammed on the brakes. Never again.
The Toyota system is complete garbage. Not comparable.

I’ve now got 9k on Jeep ACC and almost 10k on Tesla autopilot. I’m angry if I have to drive a vehicle without AP.

salvino

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GC Trailhawk/ 2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Finance Guy
Vehicle Showcase
Who has the Adaptive Cruise Control? How do you like it?
With the JT being my Daily Driver, I keep going back and forth on if I want to try and locate one with Adaptive Cruise Control.
We have ACC on out Nissan Murano and find it useful on the highways with some traffic.

Edit: How does it compare to other manufactures?
Once I drove a car with it, I never wanted to be without it. It can greatly reduce fatigue on road trips and keep one from speeding without realizing it.
Sponsored