Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I recently had a 5-channel amp installed along with upgraded speakers all around and added a 10" sub. Everything sounds great and is extremely loud...including my incoming calls. Is there a way to adjust the volume setting of incoming calls? I want to say that it automatically goes to around 14-15 sound level when the phone rings and with the amp it is ear splitting. I have the 7" screen and use Android Auto. I have checked all of the settings on the head unit and cant seem to find any adjustable levels. Am I missing something??

20200615_185737.jpg
Sponsored

wiredup60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2012 Audi R8, 2018 Land Rover LR4
Sorry, can't help, but have noticed the same thing

htremper

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator (with toddler booster seat!)
Occupation
Rockstar
Yes...I have stock and the phone call is loud AF...if anyone can find a hack that would be fantastic...

Gladiator Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JTR
Desperately watching this thread. Same here. Incoming calls are ridiculously loud.

seanmh72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I have the 8.4 screen and there is actually a separate volume for functions. i.e. Navigation, CarPlay and Android Auto; I am not sure if the same is on other models.

What you have to do, is when the other device/function is playing/activated, you can turn the volume up or down depending on what you prefer. It does not affect Sirius or FM/AM volumes; they are independent.

The next time you use this device/function, the volume should remain.

Sponsored

Gladiator Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JTR
I have the 8.4 screen and there is actually a separate volume for functions. i.e. Navigation, CarPlay and Android Auto; I am not sure if the same is on other models.

What you have to do, is when the other device/function is playing/activated, you can turn the volume up or down depending on what you prefer. It does not affect Sirius or FM/AM volumes; they are independent.

The next time you use this device/function, the volume should remain.
Yeah it took me a while to notice that as well. For me, regardless of setting volumes correctly, the initial incoming ringtone comes in very loud.

Robbie2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GPW, MB, CJ8 Scrambler, CJ7
I recently had a 5-channel amp installed along with upgraded speakers all around and added a 10" sub. Everything sounds great and is extremely loud...including my incoming calls. Is there a way to adjust the volume setting of incoming calls? I want to say that it automatically goes to around 14-15 sound level when the phone rings and with the amp it is ear splitting. I have the 7" screen and use Android Auto. I have checked all of the settings on the head unit and cant seem to find any adjustable levels. Am I missing something??

Jeep Gladiator Adjust incoming call volume? 20200615_185737
You should be able to adjust the volume using the radio volume dial while you're receiving a call.

OP
OP
Lynn_F

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. The volume is adjustable after it already rings and gives you a heart attack. This has to be done every time you use the phone as well.

OP
OP
Lynn_F

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep Gladiator Adjust incoming call volume? 20200615_185737
Another thing I've noticed as well is that when I answer a call on BT the person on the other line can only hear feedback. This pretty much makes BT for phone calls useless.

Robbie2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GPW, MB, CJ8 Scrambler, CJ7
The new upgrades may of added some glitch to your system, but there is a video on utube
(Uconnect has 3 Seperate Volumes?) from Carolina Customs its for the 8" screen but there may be some similarities.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lynn_F

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
This is generally the same as the 7". The only difference is that the Nav comes from CarPlay or android auto and so it's the same volume as the call volume. I guess there's not a hack or fix for this...just disappointing. Thanks for the responses! I'm gonna try turning down the amp a little bit to see if I can get it to be more manageable.

Robicon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Anyone figure out a fix for this issue?

Sooo annoying that the UConnect volume resets its volume to 15 every time I start the Jeep. It only remembers its volume setting if set higher than level 15. If I change it to lower, it goes back to 15 next time it comes on.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care

Sooo annoying that the UConnect volume resets its volume to 15 every time I start the Jeep. It only remembers its volume setting if set higher than level 15. If I change it to lower, it goes back to 15 next time it comes on.
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares

stingrey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR, '15 Range Rover
Occupation
Civil Eng

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares
Like me (I had the Search & Go question for you) you can't help because we are in Canada. Makes no sense but...whatcha gonna do!

Tufelhundin

First Name
Windsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S “sold”, 2022 JTR
Occupation
Gov
Has there been a fix for this? Incoming calls are almost at heart attack volume levels. Just wondering if I have missed a fix for this.
Sponsored