AdvanTEC Axle

dirtlimo

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi
Was just wondering if anybody had installed one, thoughts or opinions. I am going to 37's at some point and I have no need for a front 60. This looks like a nice "go between" option. Thanks!
Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Isn't that just Dana's aftermarket name for the M210 and M220 axles? I know it's what's going in the Bronco with the Sasquatch package as well.

Your stock D44 will be just fine for 37's but upgrading axle shafts and ball joints and the like is a good strategy. The housing itself will hold up just fine as long as you aren't bouncing it on rocks constantly.

OP
OP
dirtlimo

dirtlimo

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi
Isn't that just Dana's aftermarket name for the M210 and M220 axles? I know it's what's going in the Bronco with the Sasquatch package as well.

Your stock D44 will be just fine for 37's but upgrading axle shafts and ball joints and the like is a good strategy. The housing itself will hold up just fine as long as you aren't bouncing it on rocks constantly.
Appreciate the input, but I'm jut not doing that.

OP
OP
dirtlimo

dirtlimo

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Appreciate the input, but I'm jut not doing that.
Then buy a thick wall D60 because the Dana-sold AdvanTek will cost you more than the better quality upgrades you'll get out of upgrading the components yourself. The housing is the exact same thing other than the FAD so there is near zero benefit.

Last edited:

MoparMan

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Existence
That’s the Ultimate D44 Advantek axle. Yes, it should be an upgrade vs. stock.

Jeep Gladiator AdvanTEC Axle 53950E46-E44E-4954-8CBC-0334ECCB176E
would this work if paired with Rubicon rear axle? I’m guessing it is the wider axle like the Rubicon/Max Tow and not like the standard Sport S/Overland.

I’m asking because I own an Overland and along with a lift I was considering either this front axle w/ Rubicon rear or simply adding the RCV ultimate Dana 44 CV axle set (for 32 spline). Initially I was looking at the RCV product but after adding ARB lockers, compressor, etc it seems I wouldn’t be saving all that much vs. buying these axle sets

OP
OP
dirtlimo

dirtlimo

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi
would this work if paired with Rubicon rear axle? I’m guessing it is the wider axle like the Rubicon/Max Tow and not like the standard Sport S/Overland.

I’m asking because I own an Overland and along with a lift I was considering either this front axle w/ Rubicon rear or simply adding the RCV ultimate Dana 44 CV axle set (for 32 spline). Initially I was looking at the RCV product but after adding ARB lockers, compressor, etc it seems I wouldn’t be saving all that much vs. buying these axle sets
I do believe that these are wider like the Rub's. I think I am going to just go with a 60 rear instead of building up the 44. I don't think the cost is that much more when you consider the RCV cost.

Sponsored

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Owner - New River Offroad
I do believe that these are wider like the Rub's. I think I am going to just go with a 60 rear instead of building up the 44. I don't think the cost is that much more when you consider the RCV cost.
If you aren't going to do lockers, then I would look for a set of the Max Tow axles as they are the wider axles similar to the Rubicon, have the 4.10 gear ratio like the Rubicon, and would run 37" tires without any issues. The cost of a pair of these axles has to be way below Ultimate Dana 44s or Dana 60s. I am in the process of replacing mine now with Rubicon axles because I want the lockers front and rear.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Max Tow & am looking at upgrading/replacing my axles too... Ultimately though its expensive.

Lockers are like 2000 (ARB RD246 front & rear)
1400 for 35 spline axle shafts front
Unknown for the rear, but I am guessing another 1400
300 for ARB compressor
500 for trussing & C clips

so I am at 5600 before labor & other assorted crap. I am looking at probably 7-8k total. I really dont think I can get any stronger without actually going to a true D60 setup. I may do a 44 front & 60 rear though with eLockers & FAD delete which will cost a bit more. but I dont think a crazy amount more given that the labor is much much simpler.

Pauls001

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I have a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland and so far I am not impressed with Dana axles their quality control is crap apparently. They let 13 Dana 44 front axles for Jeep JT's get sent to the Jeep plant with two driver's side bracket's one welded on the driver's side and the other one half ass welded on the passenger side with only an inch of weld that broke off while I was going down the highway at 70 mph and now Jeep want's to replace the complete axle but the funny thing is so far they haven't been able to get one and it also damaged the shock on the passenger side and it's back ordered also. I would think that if you have a late model Jeep with Dana axles be careful because if you break something in them you may not be able to get the dealer to get parts. Don't get me wrong we love our truck but it's no good to anyone if you can't get part's!

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I have a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland and so far I am not impressed with Dana axles their quality control is crap apparently. They let 13 Dana 44 front axles for Jeep JT's get sent to the Jeep plant with two driver's side bracket's one welded on the driver's side and the other one half ass welded on the passenger side with only an inch of weld that broke off while I was going down the highway at 70 mph and now Jeep want's to replace the complete axle but the funny thing is so far they haven't been able to get one and it also damaged the shock on the passenger side and it's back ordered also. I would think that if you have a late model Jeep with Dana axles be careful because if you break something in them you may not be able to get the dealer to get parts. Don't get me wrong we love our truck but it's no good to anyone if you can't get part's!
What mass-market drivetrain supplier would you prefer to see Jeep use rather than Dana?

Last edited:

Pauls001

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
What mass-market drivetrain supplier would you prefer to see Jeep use rather than Dana?
Dana axles are great axles if manufacturing does what their supposed to and by the way after a month they still cannot get an axle and I checked the Dana factory that is right next to the Jeep Gladiator factory where Dana make's the axles in Ohio is up and running? So now what Jeep is doing is they started looking for an aftermarket Dana axle that is the equivalent to the one that comes on the truck. My brother's family has 5 Jeep's and I was talking to my brother and he said being that they're manufacturing Gladiator's why don't they just pull one off the assembly line? If Dana can't get their stuff to gather I would go with Dynatrac axles.
Sponsored