First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Class 8 truck sales mgmt
I ran across a set of the original Savegre wheels here in my town. Boxes never opened. Everything I see says they’re JK specific. JK and JL/JT have the same bolt pattern and bore size. I know the lug studs are different…but would that keep them from working? I have scoured the net for images of someone having done it before, but nothing. Any help? Think they’d work? Just a smoking deal, and I’ve always liked the style.
Sponsored

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
The older AEV Savegre wheels have a +10 offset whereas the newer JL/JT ones or the Savegre II's have a +25 offset. So you will get a little more tire poke than the newer ones give but they will still look great and work for your truck. I was running a +10 offset on my previous silver JT Rubicon and I think they were the perfect offset for me as I don't like a lot of tire poking out and throwing crap all over the side of my Jeep. Not that it matters, I've always liked the original Savegre design better than the II's.

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
The older AEV Savegre wheels have a +10 offset whereas the newer JL/JT ones or the Savegre II's have a +25 offset. So you will get a little more tire poke than the newer ones give but they will still look great and work for your truck. I was running a +10 offset on my previous silver JT Rubicon and I think they were the perfect offset for me as I don't like a lot of tire poking out and throwing crap all over the side of my Jeep. Not that it matters, I've always liked the original Savegre design better than the II's.
Correct. The +10mm used for the JK will stick the wheel roughly .5" past the fender meaning the tire depending on width with be 1.5"ish past the fender. The +25mm offset for the JTs sits the tire pretty much flush with the fender. It's not really a big deal but I like the inline look better than poke (plus less crap thrown down the side of the truck as you mentioned).

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Might be issues with the lug nuts as I recall they require a thin wall socket and the JT lugs are larger than the JK so you may need spline lugs or something smaller than the stock ones.

OP
OP

claytonM80

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Class 8 truck sales mgmt
Might be issues with the lug nuts as I recall they require a thin wall socket and the JT lugs are larger than the JK so you may need spline lugs or something smaller than the stock ones.
This is the feedback I was looking for. Thanks.

Sponsored

OP
OP

claytonM80

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Class 8 truck sales mgmt
Correct. The +10mm used for the JK will stick the wheel roughly .5" past the fender meaning the tire depending on width with be 1.5"ish past the fender. The +25mm offset for the JTs sits the tire pretty much flush with the fender. It's not really a big deal but I like the inline look better than poke (plus less crap thrown down the side of the truck as you mentioned).
Thanks. Man I have run every offset under the sun. I was thinking there may be some specific scientific issue…not just offset.

Jeepin' John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JT Sport S
Occupation
Structural Engineer
I have OG savegres. OEM lug nuts -barely- fit, but they do fit

these are on 285/70/17 bfg ko2's

Jeep Gladiator AEV Savegre Fit my Gladiator Rubicon?? A082EBFC-959A-4D96-9DE4-DC3D401D4B7B

Jeep Gladiator AEV Savegre Fit my Gladiator Rubicon?? 0CCCA85F-B5C3-4B96-98D7-6A7A8701BD05

Jeep Gladiator AEV Savegre Fit my Gladiator Rubicon?? 3EB54251-A3FC-4898-AA40-23D992AF1AD6

Reactions: Mac

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
Here's another JT running AEV Savegres.
Jeep Gladiator AEV Savegre Fit my Gladiator Rubicon?? Screenshot_20210711-013456_Facebook

OP
OP

claytonM80

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Class 8 truck sales mgmt
I have OG savegres. OEM lug nuts -barely- fit, but they do fit

these are on 285/70/17 bfg ko2's

Jeep Gladiator AEV Savegre Fit my Gladiator Rubicon?? Screenshot_20210711-013456_Facebook

Dude! This is what I was really hoping for! Real world proof...and they look just as good as I thought they would. I have always dug the style of these. I remember the crew cab Brutes from before the Gladiator came around. I have 315/70 I just bought and mounted on my stock Rubi wheels. I dig the look, but I'm not enthusiastic about the 7.5" width compared to the 315 width. This is what got me looking...and I don't think I can pass up the deal for the money! Thanks for the "proof of fit!" Truck looks rad!

Sponsored

OP
OP

claytonM80

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Class 8 truck sales mgmt
Here's another JT running AEV Savegres.
Nice brother! Thanks...I was sure doubting the fit. I am going to look at them today and taking a 14m/1.50 spline lug nut with me and a spare stud...well, I was going to so I could check the fit. But you guys convinced me it will work.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
First, make sure they are 5 x 5 or 5 x 127. Second make sure the hub opening is big enough.

I believe early JK's ran the 5 x 4.5 pattern and someone else posted up not long ago that he bought JK wheels and the hub opening was too small.

OP
OP

claytonM80

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Class 8 truck sales mgmt
First, make sure they are 5 x 5 or 5 x 127. Second make sure the hub opening is big enough.

I believe early JK's ran the 5 x 4.5 pattern and someone else posted up not long ago that he bought JK wheels and the hub opening was too small.
For sure...these are still in the original boxes; circa 2015 per the label and 5x127.

OP
OP

claytonM80

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Class 8 truck sales mgmt
Well, I bought them! Mount tomorrow with pics to follow!

Reactions: Mac

Smess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Diesel, 2021 392, 1982 J10
same here, have run Jk on JT and I like the way it looks. So far the change in lug size has not been a problem using AEV JK's on JT's

If you decide to go Borah I have two sets of Borahs one black and one onyx. they are for JT
Sponsored