Sponsored

AEV Saltas for Gladiator Rubicon

ThePhotoBus

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2003 Tacoma Off-road DC, 2014 Subaru Forester
I feel like so many others I've read on here mulling over wheel / tire / lift combinations endlessly. Forget who I got the link from ( https://tiresize.com/wheel-offset-calculator/ ), but once I finally started looking at the numbers I realized the AEV wheels pretty much nail that sweet spot for offset (+25) and 35/12.50 R17, such that the tires stay tucked as much as possible on the Rubicon - i.e. the inner sidewall is in the stock position. Am I looking at this correctly?

Anyways, I looked through the current AEVs options. Nice wheels, but I'd rather have the Salta look. Called today. Sounds like they're hoping they'll have them by the end of March. Figured I'd post in case there were others like me looking for them.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: Mac

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
I feel like so many others I've read on here mulling over wheel / tire / lift combinations endlessly. Forget who I got the link from ( https://tiresize.com/wheel-offset-calculator/ ), but once I finally started looking at the numbers I realized the AEV wheels pretty much nail that sweet spot for offset (+24) and 35/12.50 R17, such that the tires stay tucked as much as possible on the Rubicon - i.e. the inner sidewall is in the stock position. Am I looking at this correctly?

Anyways, I looked through the current AEVs options. Nice wheels, but I'd rather have the Salta look. Called today. Sounds like they're hoping they'll have them by the end of March. Figured I'd post in case there were others like me looking for them.
salta is a great look, and frankly i like the Savegre alot too. Decided to go Borah, though. But yea, the offset it perfect. Im on 37’s and it drives like stock. The offset and back space is perfect.

Jeep Gladiator AEV Saltas for Gladiator Rubicon 13A92D32-D749-45F6-94E2-079975745BE9

OP
OP
ThePhotoBus

ThePhotoBus

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2003 Tacoma Off-road DC, 2014 Subaru Forester
Jeep Gladiator AEV Saltas for Gladiator Rubicon Screenshot_20210219-071824

Saw this post on instagram yesterday from @aevconversions. They mention the fresh set of Salta XRs. Are these the new Saltas?

Sponsored

takeitsleazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2008 JL
I wanted machined, but the stickout from the models I’ve been looking at is just too much. These are the ones. Plus, they’re hub-centric. AEV makes well engineered stuff, that’s for sure. Told my wife I’d wait until my tires are worn out to get a new set, but I’m super tempted...

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Yeesh that is heavy. Love the look, don't love the weight. I expected a lighter wheel from AEV for sure. Guess I'll stick with my 23lb stockers.
Im not too concerned about weight, thats not horrible like a full beadlock. It's also 1" wider than your stock rim. 7.5" is too narrow for 12.5s like a Nitto. I am doing it, many are doing it, but I knew it was temporary for me. Will get better tire performance from a wider rim.

Also remember it's 1" more width but on a 17" wheel the circumference is more like 53". That's over 4 feet of extra metal.

I think the wheels I am getting are right in this weight range but are 9" wide. Not going to let it stop me from getting what I want.

OP
OP
ThePhotoBus

ThePhotoBus

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Available now for purchase: AEV Salta XR Wheels

At 34 pounds, not for me.
Thanks for the link! I checked yesterday but didn't see them.

If I'm honest, I liked the original design better. I don't remember wheel selection ever being this difficult for a vehicle. Clearly I've had too much time to think about it :)

Jmospider

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
I agree I like the JK Salta design better, which sucks because I’ve been waiting for the JL/JT version to come out for over a year. Does anyone know if AEV ever discounts old models (I see the silver is discounted in their website)? Trying to decide if I should just pull trigger and buy the JK Saltas.

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
I agree I like the JK Salta design better, which sucks because I’ve been waiting for the JL/JT version to come out for over a year. Does anyone know if AEV ever discounts old models (I see the silver is discounted in their website)? Trying to decide if I should just pull trigger and buy the JK Saltas.
I have seen discounts on close outs, but they're pretty rare

Sponsored

Mspenc45

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JTR, Jeep JKU, Shelby GT350, Super Cub
Occupation
Engineering Consultant
Do the OEM lug nuts work with the AEV Salta XR Wheel?