First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
I will just stick with my ARB portable. Its worked well and convenient.

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
I will just stick with my ARB portable. Its worked well and convenient.
right but what if you didn't have that. Would you consider this vs your arb? I don't have one and want one so that's why i'm asking.

Sponsored

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
right but what if you didn't have that. Would you consider this vs your arb? I don't have one and want one so that's why i'm asking.
I would have to have seen real world usage/tests....how long to fill up 4 big tires, does it have cool down between tires etc.

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I am extremely skeptical that this could fill Jeep tires. You're better off with something like a Viair 400H. If it doesn't connect directly to the battery, I sort of doubt it'd fill big tires. A friend tried to use a 12V compressor to fill his tires once and it died on the first tire.

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
For a portable unit the viair 88p is awesome. I've aired up 6 jeeps on 37s with one and never overheated. It is a little on the slow side.

In my JK I had a viair 400 mounted.
Anyone seen a viair mount for the JT yet?

attworth

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘00 LR Disco II, ‘17 Toyota Sienna
I’m really curious how loud the under seat mounts are. I have a cheap Smittybilt pump now, and it’s super loud. I couldn’t find a dB rating for it, but I know I’d never want it inside a vehicle. My kids will be in the back and I’d hate to scare the crap out of them whenever I turn the thing on.

Right now I’m thinking in the bed with a small tank will work best.

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I’m really curious how loud the under seat mounts are. I have a cheap Smittybilt pump now, and it’s super loud. I couldn’t find a dB rating for it, but I know I’d never want it inside a vehicle. My kids will be in the back and I’d hate to scare the crap out of them whenever I turn the thing on.

Right now I’m thinking in the bed with a small tank will work best.
A tank is pointless unless it's big enough for air tools or you are running air elsewhere. A tank gives you a jump start on one tire but then you are pressurizing the volume of the tire and the tank and you loose that jumpstart quickly.

Sponsored

attworth

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘00 LR Disco II, ‘17 Toyota Sienna
A tank is pointless unless it's big enough for air tools or you are running air elsewhere. A tank gives you a jump start on one tire but then you are pressurizing the volume of the tire and the tank and you loose that jumpstart quickly.
I hadn’t thought about that aspect, thanks for that perspective. I’ll have to do a little research on the tank.

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I hadn’t thought about that aspect, thanks for that perspective. I’ll have to do a little research on the tank.
I like a small 2lb tank but I only use it for compressed air to dust myself if I get covered or to pressurize a water tank.

To run air tools you really need a York setup. Using battery impact is much more economical. Air tools need volume and pressure

B345T

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Edge Titanium, 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye, 2014 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
Occupation
IT

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Hey what do you all think of this?

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/norshire-mini-tire-inflator--3/x/22110223#/

That seems like it would be pretty great due to its size right?
I hope you have time to air back up! I did read all the way through the page and found that the version that plugs in for power only moves 17L per minute. For comparison sake that is only 0.60 CFM. And that is at no load so once it is under a load it will be as slow as the tortoise...but maybe it will finish eventually.
Sponsored