Sponsored

All Diesel Specific Talk/Topics

jwalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2021 Gladiator Diesel Rubicon) (2020 Gladiator Overland) (2004 TJ, 2" lift).
@jwalt Would you mind sharing what you found at the RAM 1500 site?
I tried to zip the .stg files I found on the Ram 1500 site. For some reason I could not export my current display and I had to zip the files because this site wouldn't let me upload the .stg file. I will try to post a current picture of my setup but here is the description.

With mine I played with different sensors and changed the bottom 3 to
PID NOx reagent tank level:
PID Averge distance between DPF regens
PID Average time between DPF regens

I changed the 3 above those to:
CAC Temp
Load %
DPF bank 1 delta pressure

The gauge above that to the left of the Boost is the DPF temp
Jeep Gladiator All Diesel Specific Talk/Topics 29668CEC-87F8-432F-9FE7-22ACD421B8E7
Sponsored

Attachments

Jfinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
JWalt,

Can you put the OBD fusion app on the screen in the truck via Apple car play?

jwalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2021 Gladiator Diesel Rubicon) (2020 Gladiator Overland) (2004 TJ, 2" lift).
JWalt,

Can you put the OBD fusion app on the screen in the truck via Apple car play?
No, I have a mount that holds my phone to the right of the steering wheel above the media center. I only occasionally run the OBD fusion app while driving.

BEERviper

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator SS eco Diesel
Occupation
Real Estate
I tried to zip the .stg files I found on the Ram 1500 site. For some reason I could not export my current display and I had to zip the files because this site wouldn't let me upload the .stg file. I will try to post a current picture of my setup but here is the description.
Wow thanks jwalt! I'm still trying to understand the different PIDs and which ones are the correct ones to attention to, this will be a great setup. Will try it out and see how it works. Thanks again!

BEERviper

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate
For some reason I could not export my current display and I had to zip the files because this site wouldn't let me upload the .stg file. I will try to post a current picture of my setup but here is the description.

With mine I played with different sensors and changed the bottom 3 to
PID NOx reagent tank level:
PID Averge distance between DPF regens
PID Average time between DPF regens

I changed the 3 above those to:
CAC Temp
Load %
DPF bank 1 delta pressure

I tied my OBD Fusion to my Dropbox account which makes it easy to import/export. The 2 files you attached worked like a charm, thanks!

I would have never been able to figure out any of those User-Defined PIDs that are in there. I'm comparing some of them to the provided SAE PIDs and I am seeing some difference in readings so I have no clue how the formula's were created but at this point, who cares!

I love being able to see the passive regen with the green circle and active in red (vs what I had that just turned a 0 to 1 🤪).

Now I'm debating keeping my old iPhone 6 in the Jeep as a dedicated gauge cluster!

Sponsored

bikerbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Rubicon Gladiator
I tied my Dropbox account but I cannot seem to get the files transferred. Is there something i might be missing.

BEERviper

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate
I tied my Dropbox account but I cannot seem to get the files transferred. Is there something i might be missing.
When you connect OBD Fusion to Dropbox it will create a folder Dropbox>Apps>OBD Fusion then inside the OBD Fusion folder will be an Import folder (and 2 other folders).

You will need to extract the zip file to the Import folder inside Dropbox. Then the next time you go to the Import Settings option under Settings inside OBD Fusion, then under OPTIONS you select Dropbox and tap < Back you should see the 2 .stg files "obd fusion settings 2018-05-29.stg"

Jfinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
I got the OBD Fusion app and was able to load the files. Everything seems to work great except the DPF%. It shows 100% all the time. I did some research and found this on the web.

PID: 018B
Long Name: DPF Capacity
Short Name: DPF %
Minimum value: 0
Maximum value: 100
Scale Factor: 1x
Unit Type: %
Equation: (C*100)/255

Mine has the PID as 8B instead of 018B. Everything else is the same. Can on of you guys confirm what the PID should be?

BEERviper

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate
I got the OBD Fusion app and was able to load the files. Everything seems to work great except the DPF%. It shows 100% all the time. I did some research and found this on the web.

Mine has the PID as 8B instead of 018B. Everything else is the same. Can on of you guys confirm what the PID should be?
Mine is a User-Defined PID for DPF Capacity and I have the same:
PID Number 8B
EQUATION (C*100)/255

It appears to be the same as the one that I imported from JWalt

One thing I did notice is that the DPF Temp from the RAM settings is not even close to what it should be, I created a new Display and added the SAE PID "DPF bank 1 inlet temperature sensor" and another with the outlet temp. When going into Active Regen I see these 2 temps rise upwards of 1,250F where the RAM DPF Temp stays in the 600-700 range.

Sponsored

BEERviper

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate
Anyone able to get engine hours working?
There are 2 SID PIDS in OBD Fusion for engine operating hours, I'll try it out today and see if either one works and if there is any difference.

ScottLars

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTSSD Granite Crystal Metallic (Korg)
Occupation
Engineer

I'm in the same boat. This PID had worked for me in the past but now always shows 100%.

BEERviper

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate
I'm in the same boat. This PID had worked for me in the past but now always shows 100%.
Yep just change that PID to 8B and you should be all set.

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
Edit: I figured it out by srolling through the dash. I feel so old sometimes these days when something so obvious doesn't occur to me!

I downloaded the file to dropbox, but cant find a way to display it? This is driving me insane!
Sponsored

Last edited: