Allow myself to introduce... Myself...

Lost Cosmonaut

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave - Gobi
So I've posted in a few threads but thought I'd throw up a formal introduction.

For the last 10 years I've been driving Raptors, had a 2010 Raptor 6.2L SCab a 2013 Raptor SCrew and lately a 2019 Raptor SCrew. I've loved every moment with the Raptor, but unfortunately my latest one has been a lemon. As in, full shortblock replacement at 12k miles and both front hubs trashed at 25k and now I think both turbos are blown lemon. So Ford bought it back. Originally I was going to have them get me a new Gen 3 Raptor, but all "my guys" at the dealership are gone and no one was willing to play ball on getting me one at MSRP, Ford wouldn't help make it happen, and then of course the idea of a 6-mo + wait didn't appeal to me. Shopping everything just confirmed how great the Raptor was when it was running properly, it's really one of the best do-it-all full-size trucks on the market and nothing else really appealed.

That said, I've wanted a Gladiator for a long time now. I've said that if Jeep ever released a Wrangler Pickup, I'd probably buy one. I just wasn't sure my family was ready after 10 years of Raptors. Shockingly, as soon as I mentioned it, my wife JUMPED on the idea and went on and on about how she's always wanted a Wrangler. So we went and test-drove one and the whole family just absolutely fell in love immediately. So here I am!

Before the Raptors, we had a FJ Cruiser which was pretty well modified (was in SEMA at the Enkei Wheels booth way back in the day), one of the very first in our state (WA). Some of our best family trips were going to Ouray for the FJ Summit (we even attended the very first Summit) and Moab. Off road wise between me and my family we've had a IH Scout 800 (my very first car), 2x original J-10/Gladiators, an FJ40, a Grand Wagoneer with the fake wood siding my grandma was convinced was trying to kill her, a ZJ and then a WJ Grand Cherokee, and 2x FJ Cruisers. On road I've had lots of "fun cars" like Subaru STis, Mitsubishi Evos, BMW M3s and M5s, Mustang GT, 350Zs, and so on. Also muscle cars! Just love cars and driving.

So anyway, here's my Gladiator!

HnJJOIlzkWJHk4fhkC4WEcp01vlEdVaDsKx-l8A6Rrc-X2.jpg

10D3C8C8-5B17-48B7-8E55-7535AFBADBCF-X2.jpg

00545564-974B-4597-9FED-597D9A400AED-X2.jpg
Sponsored

HopSlammer

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition
Hey OP, congrats and welcome! Cool pic of your crew too 😎👍

1996XJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Cherokee , 2021 JTMojave (punjabi), 22 gobiator
Occupation
Hot Dog proprietor
That Gobi Mojave is sick! I wish i purchased one when Gobi was an option.

OP
OP
Lost Cosmonaut

Lost Cosmonaut

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave - Gobi
That Gobi Mojave is sick! I wish i purchased one when Gobi was an option.
I originally wanted white since the vast majority of our cars were white, but my wife has been dying for a color like this for awhile now and fell in love with this one so I couldn’t say no.

Sponsored

1996XJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Cherokee , 2021 JTMojave (punjabi), 22 gobiator
Occupation
Hot Dog proprietor
I originally wanted white since the vast majority of our cars were white, but my wife has been dying for a color like this for awhile now and fell in love with this one so I couldn’t say no.
I ended up picking white because Gobi was no longer available. It looks good in a lot of colors but gobi and white are my top picks ;)

MoxiesDad

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2014 Jeep Patriot
Occupation
Maintenance Mechanic
Congrats and welcome!
Sponsored