First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electronic Manufacturing
I go to Crystal Beach often and have even frequented large events like Frogfrest with no issues. It’s just the crowd that’s bad during the recent go topless. As far as the arrests the Sheriff’s Office and DPS put extra staff out in advance with the directive to make arrests.
Frogfest and Crab Festival are both great events without the craziness that the Go Topless event brings. I think the people getting in trouble likely were looking for it.
Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Generally when you hear 200 arrests it's a police action. Sounds justified in this case. Blame the panicdemic!

TexRivers

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Moab
I saw the craziness last year and said I would not be going back. So glad I stayed home
Me too.
I hear the rally in Corpus Christi is much more sane. This gives Texans a terrible opinion of us Jeepers.

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
Damnit! As a new jeep owner I was thinking this kinda thing would be fun for the whole family. Now im thinking not.

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
It is sad how a few (or in this case 200) can ruin it for the rest of us. Bad press like this tends to make events like this to be banned in the future. Time will tell.

Sponsored

bheath-atx

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electronic Manufacturing
Damnit! As a new jeep owner I was thinking this kinda thing would be fun for the whole family. Now im thinking not.
This thing has a life of its own. It is not the same as an organized Jeep event by your local club or national get togethers. This is NOT typical and the problems are not caused by Jeepers.

NC_Gladiato

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Yay houston!- if you want to see something hilarious, take a look.

Couldn't get me near the peninsula for this event.

I'm too old for that shit...lol

Hemi09

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Dodge Challenger R/T , 07Jeep Wrangler,2011 Ford F350, 2020 Gladiator Sport S
Jeep Beach Event in Daytona in April is a great time. I hope it never becomes like that hot mess, geez. I believe it was postponed until September this year.

DirtySaylor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
omg what a bunch of swamp donkeys! a 22 year old girl shouldn't weigh 300 lbs!

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
The only major-ish offroad event I can stomach is Tierra Del Sol in Anza-Borrego, CA. The area is huge, and there is separation amongst groups. Also, there are minimal (LOL) swamp-donkeys as far as I can see.

On the other hand, one year my friend has his Jeep totalled by a drunk cop. But those kinds of things seem unusual. Usually anyone getting hurt caused it themselves.

Sponsored

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I live about an hour away from Crystal Beach and visit it regularly throughout the year. This event is not an indictment of any particular group...it is a total shit show from everyone due to exceeding the capacity of the area. This is a very popular area throughout the warm season from March-October which encompasses Spring Break all the way to Halloween and these holidays are all perfectly fine with a mix of all types of vehicles: Jeeps, Diesel trucks, SxS's even Motorcycles and Sports Cars. The problem with Topless weekend is that it has become the most popular event of the year and literally maxes out the capacity of the peninsula. All cabins are rented out almost a year in advance and probably just as many drive down for the day. So there are roughly 15-20,000 people that show up and try to drive on the beach. The last 2 years the water has been up very high on the beach which limits the space for people to cruise, park and hang out. There are just entirely too many people and I'm not sure how they can fix it.

480x480.jpg

Jeep-Weekend-Wonderland-New-Image-Panel-2017123_2857_1_34nc.png

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
wow that is so many people in such a small area! Its like what living in cities in India must be like. damn!

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
are there any Jeep events that aren't filled with thug trash shooting each other and white girls who swallowed a beach ball? Serious question.
Yes, see my post above.
Sponsored