Sponsored

Alpine Stereo Headunit Factory Replacement - Pricing, Release Date, Demo

DarkAardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ
No Android auto, no go from me, boss
All of the proprietary mapping / navigation software I've used is just garbage. Google maps just blows them out of the water. Without that, I won't consider it
Sponsored

delynn10

First Name
Elizabeth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I've decided over the past couple of days that I'm going with the new unit that Insane Audio is releasing. I don't care much for the IA logo, but guessing I'll find just about everything else about it appealing.

Jenzard

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon, 2004 Toyota Tacoma (TRD)
Occupation
CAD Drafter, Graphic Artist
So, since I haven't got my Gator Glady yet, I did check the box for the upgrade factory Alpine. Wondering what you all think of its sound quality? In past, I usually would have replaced everything to get a little more thump and clarity. I was hoping for the best here.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I don’t think that anyone has had a chance to hear the sound quality of the Alpine system since it does not come out until late this month.

Jenzard

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I don’t think that anyone has had a chance to hear the sound quality of the Alpine system since it does not come out until late this month.
Forgive me, I meant to know how the factory U connect, Alpine speaker upgrade sounds?

Sponsored

Jenzard

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Gotcha. Thanks. And sorry about that. Did not realize that the factory system is made by Alpine. My bad.
Lol, I no probs...not sure who makes the factory u connect deck...but I did check the option to upgrade the speaker/amp system to the premium Alpine option. I just am wondering what people thought of its sound. Maybe this was posted some where else in this forum??

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I have a base Sport model(not a Sport S) and I don’t know who makes the stereo system I have. It could be made by Alpine for all I know. It does not have that 9th bass speaker in the back and it also does not have navigation. I recently bought a $200 GPS navigation system from Best Buy to cover my navigation needs for now. And I will wait until some aftermarket systems come out so I can see and hear them. And am certain prices for all systems will come down in time. The Alpine aftermarket system that comes out late this month has an insane price tag attached to it. And I have read that the Insane Audio system has an insane looking logo on it, big logo I think. Need to see what comes out in time. I waits for now.

NaughtyGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR
Lol, I no probs...not sure who makes the factory u connect deck...but I did check the option to upgrade the speaker/amp system to the premium Alpine option. I just am wondering what people thought of its sound. Maybe this was posted some where else in this forum??
If you ordered the Alpine upgrade, you will not be disappointed. I thought long and hard before deciding to order it and was out driving with the top off today LOVING it.

Jenzard

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
If you ordered the Alpine upgrade, you will not be disappointed. I thought long and hard before deciding to order it and was out driving with the top off today LOVING it.
Awesomeness Thank you for your opinion!

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I have the 8.4 Uconnect and the Alpine upgrade. I think it sounds great. It's better than any factory system I've ever had in any of my previous vehicles. I did have to turn the bass way down, my head and hearing are too sensitive for the amount of thump it can provide.

Jenzard

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I have the 8.4 Uconnect and the Alpine upgrade. I think it sounds great. It's better than any factory system I've ever had in any of my previous vehicles. I did have to turn the bass way down, my head and hearing are too sensitive for the amount of thump it can provide.
Nice! I like thump...lol to degree now. Used to love it back in the days of of car stereo upgrades working at Circuit City... but in these days I want clarity with some power to produce rich bass, not disortion.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I already paid $1,300 for a $150 subwoofer. Now they've got a $3,000 head unit to go with it? How nice of them.

I think I need to get a job at Alpine.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Too damn funny. Good to see you got your sense to humor in check. Too bad that Alpine has gotten a hold of your credit card info. You might want to get a new card, different number.

I already paid $1,300 for a $150 subwoofer. Now they've got a $3,000 head unit to go with it? How nice of them.

I think I need to get a job at Alpine.

Karnivoolfan

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Baja
If I ordered a base model with the 4 extra factory Auxiliary switches will the 8 switches on this one replace those 4?
Sponsored