First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
Interesting solution. Now that you have that, you might as well mount some lights to it. Can you still open the top?

I really wanted to get a sun rider top to replace the freedom panels but between you and Jeremy commenting on the turbulence and noise, I guess I will keep my panels.
Sponsored

Redruby

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
To answer your question Paul no I can’t open the top and I’ve ordered a 50” light bar and the deflector will be power coated a semi gloss black

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Interesting solution. Now that you have that, you might as well mount some lights to it. Can you still open the top?

I really wanted to get a sun rider top to replace the freedom panels but between you and Jeremy commenting on the turbulence and noise, I guess I will keep my panels.
Yes, I would have loved to keep the top, but it was really bad.

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
Anyone have a short rack installed on their freedom panels utilizing the gutters? I have been thinking about grabbing a JCR rack and cutting it to length to fit and use for firewood or lightweight gear and also act as a wind deflector. I haven't really noticed any wind noise, but after seeing how many bugs splatter on the camper this past summer, I am wondering if a wind deflector would help push air up and over.
This is something on my list of items to design and prototype. I have made some cardboard templates but it's been on the back burner due to the cold weather. I have looked at several different racks and wondered what type of mods I could do to them but the cost to buy them and then hack away a chuck of them seemed like a bad idea.

Sponsored

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
I would love to have a fairing or rack there but need to be able to remove the panels to keep my wife happy.
How is it driving with the tops off? I can imagine it drives the air directly down on to you. True?

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
How is it driving with the tops off? I can imagine it drives the air directly down on to you. True?
It is not bad, but admittedly I rarely drive it on the interstate with the tops off. It is usually more around town and off-road.

OP
OP
Steven_B

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 WK2, 2001 XJ, 1993 YJ, 2021 JT EcoDiesel
Occupation
Digital Marketing Manager
It is not bad, but admittedly I rarely drive it on the interstate with the tops off. It is usually more around town and off-road.
I would be more worried about bugs falling down on me after hitting the camper. I had a tent on top of one of my older Jeeps and when topless, driving through the farmland it was not fun lol.

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
I would be more worried about bugs falling down on me after hitting the camper. I had a tent on top of one of my older Jeeps and when topless, driving through the farmland it was not fun lol.
i have not had that problem. There was a time that there was morning dew on the camper and when I came to a stop it poured down on my wife’s head. She was not happy, but laughed it off.

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
Are any of you guys going to be at Jeep Beach? I have several of the new Alu-Cab products about to launch, I just need to finish install instructions and put together hardware. I will have a few more prototypes on the truck by that point (if not already in production). We may do a booth, but may also just look to see who we can partner with to show product in their trucks. I see that Alu-Cab is listed as a vendor. Not sure who will be running the booth.

Sponsored

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
Are any of you guys going to be at Jeep Beach? I have several of the new Alu-Cab products about to launch, I just need to finish install instructions and put together hardware. I will have a few more prototypes on the truck by that point (if not already in production). We may do a booth, but may also just look to see who we can partner with to show product in their trucks. I see that Alu-Cab is listed as a vendor. Not sure who will be running the booth.
i believe the guys from OK 4WD go and I know the guys from AVO went last year.

OP
OP
Steven_B

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 WK2, 2001 XJ, 1993 YJ, 2021 JT EcoDiesel
Occupation
Digital Marketing Manager
Not me, always tried to go when I worked at ARB, but never got the chance because we had a crew in Florida. Now, its just to far of a drive from the Seattle area. I might head to EJS, we'll see.

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
Not me, always tried to go when I worked at ARB, but never got the chance because we had a crew in Florida. Now, its just to far of a drive from the Seattle area. I might head to EJS, we'll see.
Yea, that would be a haul! My wife and I plan to travel West this year and use the Alu-Cab along the way. We really want to see the Northern CA/OR/WA coast but not sure we will get that far. We are in KY.

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
The new products for the Alu-Cab Canopy Camper are now on the website!! All aluminum and black texture powder coating. Check everything out on the website! www.813fabrication.com

alu-cab-no-tank-molle-panel-8.jpg

alu-cab-tank-molle-panel-1.jpg

alu-cab-lower-driver-solid-panel-1-sm.jpg

alu-cab-upper-driver-solid-panel-2.jpg

alu-cab-upper-driver-molle-panel-1-sm.jpg

alu-cab-upper-passenger-molle-2.jpg

alu-cab-versaplate-rotopax-2.jpg

alu-cab-versaplate-5.jpg

alu-cab-water-heater-hook-1.jpg

OP
OP
Steven_B