Sponsored

An all aluminum Modular Rack System!

salsadoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon
i presume the only realistic way for the rack to be compatible with the mopar trifold hard tonneau cover is for a straight rack. that would be my initial preference. but if you can make it work w/ a tapered rack, then even better!

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
OP
OP

bullitt5897

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Since you're llooking at straight racks, have you seen this guy's custom job? Low pro straight rack that isn't busy and looks quite good in my opinion. Seems to be high function without much loss of form.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...ty-nimble-overlander.28657/page-4#post-495771
That’s a nice rack!

here is what I have so far:
Open to comments and critique. This will allow for any cover that doesn’t go over the bed rail. I will be making a brace for the top cap cover and will be making accessories... making this adjustable height is much easier now. Pick the height you want and order the 8020 for the posts.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP

bullitt5897

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Also you may notice the top connectors are drilled out to be swappable to either side. Makes for easier replacement and one less part sku.

OP
OP

bullitt5897

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Hey Everyone, I wanted to give an update. I have run the cost for this and as the design stands now it will be as expensive as whats on the market today. I will be looking into alternative designs and will post up once I have something more cost effective.

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Hey Everyone, I wanted to give an update. I have run the cost for this and as the design stands now it will be as expensive as whats on the market today. I will be looking into alternative designs and will post up once I have something more cost effective.
I reached the same conclusion - especially not having easy access to a CNC or laser table. Using off the shelf parts my BOM was as expensive or more expensive that what exists on the market today. I ended up getting a good deal on a Yakima Overhaul HD which will meet my needs.

JJames

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I reached the same conclusion - especially not having easy access to a CNC or laser table. Using off the shelf parts my BOM was as expensive or more expensive that what exists on the market today. I ended up getting a good deal on a Yakima Overhaul HD which will meet my needs.
Where did you find the best deal on the Yakima HD? Functionally it does the most of what I need.

SquirrelNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I'm trying to come up with a "rail" using 80/20 to run along the box caps and then simple mounting brackets down to the trail rail system that are thin enough to sandwich between my Access Literider roll up cover rails. Have you thought about that at all? Looks like your mounting and base of your first design is exactly what I have in mind, but just without the mid/full hight rack.

I'm not sure how universal Yakima landing pads are, but my thought was to attach Yakima landing pads to this 80/20 rail and then use yakima HD crossbar system only when needed. Would be a super quick on/off for a RTT or any other cross bar needs, but then much easier to have a full open box to load up my dirt bike or what ever other tall items you use a pickup box for...(barrels of whiskey, etc)
Sponsored

Last edited: