First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Goodness. $35,000??? The engine, trans, and harness together are what? 12.5-15k? Are you really charging $20k in labor for this?

I mean, dont get me wrong, props on a factory fit and finish looking job, but holy shit.
Sponsored

Aberk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Viper, 2020 Rubicon JT
Goodness. $35,000??? The engine, trans, and harness together are what? 12.5-15k? Are you really charging $20k in labor for this?

I mean, dont get me wrong, props on a factory fit and finish looking job, but holy shit.

On top of those parts there is also a kit with numerous other odds and ends that is about 10k, so you're really looking at 10k labor.

I found a Youtube video series where they filmed their swap, because I wanted to do it myself as I had the same reaction as you when it came to the dollar figures. After watching the videos, 10k in labor would be worth the cost to me.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
On top of those parts there is also a kit with numerous other odds and ends that is about 10k, so you're really looking at 10k labor.

I found a Youtube video series where they filmed their swap, because I wanted to do it myself as I had the same reaction as you when it came to the dollar figures. After watching the videos, 10k in labor would be worth the cost to me.
interesting. well, im sure it is involved....and it does look factory....

flipmode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland
@Northridge4x4

Hey guys, I am really interested in a 392 swap for my JT overland. Seems like your shop in Silverdale would make the most sense for me.

A couple questions:

Does the auto start/stop work same as factory on the new engine?

I know this is a turnkey upgrade, and all the drivetrain, cooling, ECU seems to be upgraded as necessary. Should I expect to upgrade my front springs to accommodate the extra weight?

Thanks in advance,

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
@Northridge4x4

Hey guys, I am really interested in a 392 swap for my JT overland. Seems like your shop in Silverdale would make the most sense for me.

A couple questions:

I know this is a turnkey upgrade, and all the drivetrain, cooling, ECU seems to be upgraded as necessary. Should I expect to upgrade my front springs to accommodate the extra weight?

Thanks in advance,
i am not those guys but you loose auto start/stop. I have been running the Mopar 2 inch lift with the HEMI and it’s been fine but will swap to a different lift soon. You do need a lift to make room for the HEMI.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Northridge4x4

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery
@Northridge4x4

A couple questions:

Thanks in advance,
We do quite a few of the Hemi swaps here, just finishing up one in a JKU in the Silverdale shop now.

You do lose the start/stop function with the AMW4x4 Hemi swap. The start/stop relay is swapped out for a different function.

The AMW4x4 kit comes with a coil spacer for the front to make up for the extra weight. Though, if you still have a stock suspension, we would recommend upgrading to an aftermarket suspension.

flipmode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland
i am not those guys but you loose auto start/stop. I have been running the Mopar 2 inch lift with the HEMI and it’s been fine but will swap to a different lift soon. You do need a lift to make room for the HEMI.
Okay good to know thanks, does it affect the remote start as well? Does that (ASS) button on the dash just die and have no purpose after the swap? Wonder if it could be remapped to something useful.

flipmode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland
We do quite a few of the Hemi swaps here, just finishing up one in a JKU in the Silverdale shop now.

You do lose the start/stop function with the AMW4x4 Hemi swap. The start/stop relay is swapped out for a different function.

The AMW4x4 kit comes with a coil spacer for the front to make up for the extra weight. Though, if you still have a stock suspension, we would recommend upgrading to an aftermarket suspension.
Thanks for the info, I'm interested in upgrading suspension anyway- just wondered if it was a prerequisite before I bring it to your shop, not a real big fan of spacers. I'll each out to your email (in the first post of this thread) to get the conversation started. What kindof lead times are we looking at for parts and installation?

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Okay good to know thanks, does it affect the remote start as well? Does that (ASS) button on the dash just die and have no purpose after the swap? Wonder if it could be remapped to something useful.
i have a future vision for this button to toggle a dual valve exhaust eventually as unlikely as it is. Maybe the Tazer has a few options for the button ? Mines been untouched though since the HEMI so could not even tell you if it lights up. Are you otherwise stock ?

OP
OP
Northridge4x4

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Seller of badassery
Thanks for the info, I'm interested in upgrading suspension anyway- just wondered if it was a prerequisite before I bring it to your shop, not a real big fan of spacers. I'll each out to your email (in the first post of this thread) to get the conversation started. What kindof lead times are we looking at for parts and installation?
We are booking into mid-late October currently, but I'm not sure if the motor and swap parts would be out further. We'll be able to answer that better and any other questions you may have via email.

Sponsored

flipmode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland
i have a future vision for this button to toggle a dual valve exhaust eventually as unlikely as it is. Maybe the Tazer has a few options for the button ? Mines been untouched though since the HEMI so could not even tell you if it lights up. Are you otherwise stock ?
Yeah bone stock at the moment, and honestly very happy with it. I am not really the type to mod out my jeep excessively, and really like to keep things simple and factory looking as possible. Would like the mopar lift and some mopar beadlocks, but that might be the extent of it.

That damn button isn't going to stop me, but it would bother me that its right there looking back at me all the time and didn't have a purpose, haha.

jn18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GLS63, 2020 AMG GTR Pro, 2021 GT500
Fellas - truly beautiful work here. With a hemi convesion and 37" or 40"s - are the stock axles of the JT Rubicon really up for the task? Or do you guys usually swap them out?

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Fellas - truly beautiful work here. With a hemi convesion and 37" or 40"s - are the stock axles of the JT Rubicon really up for the task? Or do you guys usually swap them out?
I am on stock still with upgraded shafts now 38s and before 37s and I do wheel it too. Would not do 40s

Fawkes

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Building engineer
OP
OP
Northridge4x4

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Seller of badassery
Any experience with a manual trans? i am looking into it but dont want to be without the manual.
We did a Hemi w/ 6spd manual in a 2 door JK last year. That thing was a beast! But, I'm not sure about the JT.....

Checking into it, will report back.
Sponsored