Any fuse I can use other than F52?

tonywin

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Im looking at getting a Voswitch and all the instructions I’m seeing are is to tap into fuse 52.

The problem having is I already tapped into F52 for my oracle halos. Do I have any other options ?
Sponsored

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
Or you could do it the old-fashioned way, and run a separate fuse right off the battery.
I have three circuits like that already, plus a fuse tap (or two.)
This will, of course, provide unswitched power…

Kevin

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Im looking at getting a Voswitch and all the instructions I’m seeing are is to tap into fuse 52.

The problem having is I already tapped into F52 for my oracle halos. Do I have any other options ?
How much power does that part of your switch array need? Is this just for the switch part, or is this for anything that they power - I'm not familiar with those......
If you don't need mega power - if this is just for an inside panel and the real meat and power draw is under the hood, you can get a cable that allows you to pull power off the 12v outlet in the dash.
It's sort of an extension cable but has a "tap" with a fuse that allows you to use the power going to the 12v outlet to power something else.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B087KP7QJH

OP
OP
tonywin

tonywin

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Thanks everyone. I’m not an electrical guy and glad to see there are options.

Sponsored

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
I went through this as I don't like to use of fuse taps. As SP has mentioned you can get a harness that plugs into the cigarette lighter (Aux 12 volt) harness at the cigarette lighter that will give you a connector for the low amp Voswitch 12 volt connection. This also maintains the circuit to the cigarette lighter.

For the Halo's if you have the fourth wire at the headlamp (LED lighting) you can use this for the Halo's. This requires the halo circuit to be activated. If you don't have the fourth wire either use one of the circuits from the Voswitch or the fuse tap for the Halo.s

ryanlsmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
How much power does that part of your switch array need? Is this just for the switch part, or is this for anything that they power - I'm not familiar with those......
If you don't need mega power - if this is just for an inside panel and the real meat and power draw is under the hood, you can get a cable that allows you to pull power off the 12v outlet in the dash.
It's sort of an extension cable but has a "tap" with a fuse that allows you to use the power going to the 12v outlet to power something else.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B087KP7QJH
This is for a wire that goes to the main control box under the hood, which is why they provide and recommend a fuse tap - it's going to be the easiest option. This is combined with the proper dip switch settings to make the switches controlled by ignition - so all you really need is to find another ACC based fuse.

545moose

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Professional

Is F52 switched or constant? Looking to see which slots are what to power a camera setup, need both

OP
OP
tonywin

tonywin

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Is F52 switched or constant? Looking to see which slots are what to power a camera setup, need both
F52 is constant. I ended up using the fuse for heated power seats. That is switched and only comes on in the run position. I can’t remember the fuse number off the top of my head.

I don’t have heated seats and it still works on that fuse.

545moose

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Professional
F52 is constant. I ended up using the fuse for heated power seats. That is switched and only comes on in the run position. I can’t remember the fuse number off the top of my head.

I don’t have heated seats and it still works on that fuse.
Thanks brother. :rock:Checked and found for switched power:

F57 - Drivers heated seat 20A - yellow
F58 - Passenger heated seat 20A - yellow

Constant:

F52 - Cig lighter 20A - yellow

Sponsored

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
If you have aux switches there is a fused always hot and ign hot wire under the dash. I am assuming this is just to provide a signal to your switch control box? But that wire under the dash is fused at I believe 10a. Should be plenty. Thats what I did to provide a 12v signal for the switch pros, genesis, and DC/Dc charger

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Factory lighter/12 volt outlet is acc/ign and not constant. I use that for my plow control and Christmas wreath.
I wanted to save the aux leads in the cabin for the future since i already had a fused tap/extension for my 12v outlet.

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
Factory lighter/12 volt outlet is acc/ign and not constant. I use that for my plow control and Christmas wreath.
I wanted to save the aux leads in the cabin for the future since i already had a fused tap/extension for my 12v outlet.
That's awesome you have a lighted Christmas wreath!!! 🍻
Sponsored