Sponsored

Any other dealers adding this much "market adjustment"?

Ogre_FL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wranger JL 2 Door, Gladiator 80th
Noticed a near by dealer had a wacky high price ($83K+) on a Rubicon listed on FB market place.
Seems that they think both the Gladiator's they have merit this kind of an adder with a $64K+ Sport S too.

https://www.bobpfortes.com/new-vehicles/gladiator/
Sponsored

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst

ShastaJT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy`s JT
Car market (along with basically everything else) getting whacked out due to supply chain issues and reckless inflation.

I went to a dealership 2 weeks ago to look at a commuter vehicle to save miles on my JT, their advertisement online was ~$9000 total for a 2 year lease (total of down payment + monthly). After dealer markups, best they could offer me came out to $17,500.

The salesman kept trying to rearrange the numbers, we can adjust the down or the monthly etc, I said thats not the problem.. this is <200% over your advertisement..

Going to keep daily`ing the JT for a while..

OP
OP
Ogre_FL

Ogre_FL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wranger JL 2 Door, Gladiator 80th
Yea, it looks like everyone is adding $10k on both new and used models.
Yea, I see about $5K adders in many places, but these guys were adding $21K+
Pretty much only the new Broncos are adding that much (or more) around here

stampedingTurtles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wrangler
Noticed a near by dealer had a wacky high price ($83K+) on a Rubicon listed on FB market place.
Seems that they think both the Gladiator's they have merit this kind of an adder with a $64K+ Sport S too.

https://www.bobpfortes.com/new-vehicles/gladiator/
There are certainly some dealers out there that are putting huge markups on their vehicles, but there are other dealerships that are not. Some are discounting below MSRP or even below invoice.

When I ordered my Gladiator, one of my local dealerships gave me a quote of MSRP + market adjustment + unspecified dealer fees, and tried to tell me that the "market adjustment" was part of the cost from Jeep and said "that will be the price at any dealer you go to". While sitting there at the dealership, I got emailed a quote from another nearby dealer of MSRP - discount - Jeep rebates and incentives.

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
That's also why people are getting great prices for used Gladiator's.

Beemer533

First Name
Zion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
Field Engineer
I ran into this around here when I was shopping. Fortunately there were only a few adding "market adjustments".

I was looking at the ZR2 Bison for a while as well as the gladiator and the markup seemed more common for the zr2 bison as it seems to be even more rare than the Mojave around here.

Not as bad as the TRX markups though, some of those are more than I paid for the gladiator lol..

IMG_20211223_200706.jpg

$500 for nitrogen lol, wtf

IMG_20211223_200657.jpg

flyil

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator HA Snazzberry
In addition to the absurd "market adjustments" the two examples above also lay bare the capricious pricing of all the useless dealer add-ons.

• One charges $995 for the useless and redundant VIN etching, the other $220.
  • Theft Patrol, a $1495 option that sounds no different from Apple AirTags or other similar devices that can be bought for under $50
  • Nitrogen Tire Fill, a $495 add-on that even tire shops say is a waste
  • FU for having any fabric at all in a $150K pickup truck, and doubly for asking $1500 to protect it.

Sometimes you wonder how rich folks get rich being this foolish with their money.

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
I ran into this around here when I was shopping. Fortunately there were only a few adding "market adjustments".

I was looking at the ZR2 Bison for a while as well as the gladiator and the markup seemed more common for the zr2 bison as it seems to be even more rare than the Mojave around here.

Not as bad as the TRX markups though, some of those are more than I paid for the gladiator lol..

IMG_20211223_200706.jpg

IMG_20211223_200657.jpg
Out of all that, the $500 for nitrogen fill pisses me off the most…

Sponsored

Beemer533

First Name
Zion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
Field Engineer
In addition to the absurd "market adjustments" the two examples above also lay bare the capricious pricing of all the useless dealer add-ons.

• One charges $995 for the useless and redundant VIN etching, the other $220.
  • Theft Patrol, a $1495 option that sounds no different from Apple AirTags or other similar devices that can be bought for under $50
  • Nitrogen Tire Fill, a $495 add-on that even tire shops say is a waste
  • FU for having any fabric at all in a $150K pickup truck, and doubly for asking $1500 to protect it.

Sometimes you wonder how rich folks get rich being this foolish with their money.
It's funny, I didn't really look at the other stuff in there but that's so true, just rediculous.

I can't imagine either being that desperate for a car and the money to not care at all or just too stupid to notice you're being raked over the coals.

kmy8199

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Sales
What is happening is that people are buying vehicles new, then selling them to Carmax and other used car corporations. Due to the limited availability, these corporations are paying over MSRP for these vehicles. Looking online for used vehicles, they are selling for more than New ones (like way more 5-7k over MSRP). These dealers find this out and start marking up their new inventory.

kad's_Glad

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mojave - Sting Gray
Occupation
Retired

Jeep Gladiator Any other dealers adding this much "market adjustment"? IMG_20211223_200657

Jeep Gladiator Any other dealers adding this much "market adjustment"? IMG_20211223_200657
Jeep Gladiator Any other dealers adding this much "market adjustment"? WHAT
Sponsored