Sponsored

Anybody add heated seats after purchase?

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
There are also physical switches for the seats - besides on the radio screen.
I'm guessing without looking there are relays involved.
I note when I use the switch to turn the heat seat on, up or down, the display reflects that change for a few seconds.
All of our Grand Cherokees have only had heated seats - dating back years. I'd say the last 4 at least had heated seats, we never had cooled or vented seats, so I can't speak to those.
AS previously stated my lady has a GC with ventilated seats, 1st hand experience. Hers is a limited 2016, I dont know where it falls into the model line but it has couple options my gladiator high altidude does not have.. vented/heated seat, auto leveling headlights
Im already looking at a vented/heated seat out of GC..
Sponsored

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 2500 2019 Jeep Cherokee
I am very interested in this, waiting to hear back on a seat that interested in about what parts(electronics) are included in the sale.. seems it would be easier to get the harness from the seat location to the dash location and use that to create the custom harness, it should have the correct number of wires, colors could be wrong for sure.. any help you could add would be awesome..
The wiring is contained in the body harness and instrument panel harness. You would have to remove the entire interior, including the dash, from the vehicle to get all the necessary wiring. I’ve added power/heated/ventilated/memory seats on multiple FCA vehicles, and it is easier to just create the missing harness wiring by buying the same connectors and terminals that FCA uses.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
AS previously stated my lady has a GC with ventilated seats, 1st hand experience. Hers is a limited 2016, I dont know where it falls into the model line but it has couple options my gladiator high altidude does not have.. vented/heated seat, auto leveling headlights
Im already looking at a vented/heated seat out of GC..
Autoleveling headlights??
Don't you mean auto-dim?

From what I've found so far, you can't easily add auto-dim headlights to the 2020 JT. At least so far no one has successfully done it though many have assumed (incorrectly) it was a simple "computer change".

The wiring is contained in the body harness and instrument panel harness. You would have to remove the entire interior, including the dash, from the vehicle to get all the necessary wiring. I’ve added power/heated/ventilated/memory seats on multiple FCA vehicles, and it is easier to just create the missing harness wiring by buying the same connectors and terminals that FCA uses.
Definitely.
Or create a stand-alone harness using a donor vehicle harness.

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't you mean auto-dim?

From what I've found so far, you can't easily add auto-dim headlights to the 2020 JT. At least so far no one has successfully done it though many have assumed (incorrectly) it was a simple "computer change".
If you have the DASM on the windshield (ACC, FCW options), then you should be able to enable auto high beams, as there’s no hardware difference. Looks like it’s Lin & Misc: ASBMM present in AlfaOBD, but I’d have to compare a JT/JL Config that has AHB to one that doesn’t.

Definitely.
This, too, but it would probably cost 10x more to buy the body harness, instrument panel harness, and dash harness out of a wreck to strip and create the stand alone harness, than it would be to just buy the connectors and terminals that FCA uses to build a fresh stand alone harness.

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you have the DASM on the windshield (ACC, FCW options), then you should be able to enable auto high beams, as there’s no hardware difference. Looks like it’s Lin & Misc: ASBMM present in AlfaOBD, but I’d have to compare a JT/JL Config that has AHB to one that doesn’t.
EDIT: I found the setting for auto high beams if you already have DASM (ACC and FCW options). In AlfaOBD, it is 2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat: Auto High Beam Module Location- IRCM

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
EDIT: I found the setting for auto high beams if you already have DASM (ACC and FCW options). In AlfaOBD, it is 2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat: Auto High Beam Module Location- IRCM
I'll have to look again but I've been following a couple of threads out there in the past where people have tried and gotten nothing.
My JT is loaded, all safety features including ACC and FCW (and I know the FCW works as some guy in my lane ahead of me a few yards hit his brakes to make a last minute turn and I had my truck on cruise and my truck yelled at me as I wasn't hitting the brakes)

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll have to look again but I've been following a couple of threads out there in the past where people have tried and gotten nothing.
My JT is loaded, all safety features including ACC and FCW (and I know the FCW works as some guy in my lane ahead of me a few yards hit his brakes to make a last minute turn and I had my truck on cruise and my truck yelled at me as I wasn't hitting the brakes)
I’m not sure what others have tried, but these are the settings differentiated between a JT with and without AHB:
VehConfig 1: Auto High beam- YES
2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat: Auto High Beam Module Location- IRCM (you need AlfaOBD for this setting, because this location is not there in Jscan)
2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat: Auto High Beam On Threshold- 25 km/h
2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat: Auto High Beam Off Threshold- 20 km/h
CustSetMenu 1: Auto High Beam CSM Present- YES
Enable those settings, and you should have auto high beams. Assuming one already has ACC/FCW, there are no hardware differences on AHB equipped vs non-equipped. There is only one DASM (forward facing camera) module part number, and the same camera in that module used for ACC and FCW is also used for AHB-
mXWhSvM.jpg
O2gS3Ny.jpg

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
Don't you mean auto-dim?

Definitely.
the GC headlights actually povit up and down when you start the vehicle(self leveling)

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
the GC headlights actually povit up and down when you start the vehicle(self leveling)
We've had 3 GC Limited in the last 5 years, never seen that. But then it depends on the headlight type - and according to one site, they were discontinued for a while late 2015. There were axle sensors and a controller and motor on each headlight.

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
DO you know where to get a harness connector for the seat. I have ordered a seat. still thinking about where to pull power for a temporary setup, maybe the fuse panel is similiar to the GC and has power seat slot? even better if there addiquit power under the center console

Sponsored

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DO you know where to get a harness connector for the seat. I have ordered a seat. still thinking about where to pull power for a temporary setup, maybe the fuse panel is similiar to the GC and has power seat slot? even better if there addiquit power under the center console
The connector for the seat should already be there, it’s just a matter of how populated it is. I’m not sure what power you would be supplying the seat, as there are no power seats for the gladiator?

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
The connector for the seat should already be there, it’s just a matter of how populated it is. I’m not sure what power you would be supplying the seat, as there are no power seats for the gladiator?
Jimmy, at the time of this conversation I had no idea who you were, Funny because since this thread I have read completely through the trail cam thread and may tackle that after I get my seat working! Qudos on the hard work, wonder if the side view cameras are an option?
So, I got a seat from a 16 WK limited, I have modified the floor mounts from my original seat rails (you could almost swap the mounts side of the rail betwwn the seats, there is a slight difference in shape between the 2, so I opted to remove the mounting point from the factory seat and weld them to the WK seat rails). the back cushon and airbag was almost plug and play, headrest as well. Since I have a HIgh ALtitude model and want everything to match. I'm using my original leather and cushion moved the heated ventilated airbag from the WK seat cushion to my JT cushion.. Currently the upholster now has the bottom to replace center panel with perforated leather.
I have some 3rd party switch coming just to be able to turn on/off heaters and ventilation temporarily.
Here are a few pics of the seat and brackets currently..

20210130_073548.jpg

20210130_073457.jpg

20210130_073508.jpg

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
Don't you mean auto-dim?

Definitely.
@Jimmy07 and @ShadowsPapa I have made it to the point of mounting the seat and leather mostly ready to finish. Next up is trying to get some power routed to the drivers seat and I was hoping you guys could point me in the right direction. I'm happy to just get it working with some 3rd party switches for now!