Sponsored

Anybody Completely Enamored with the MAX TOW Stock?

TJRjeepn

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Gator, 2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2011 Buick Enclave, 2009 Chevy Malibu
Occupation
Account Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Would you mind sharing details of this set up? Type of trailer and weight. How much your YJ weighs? I will be towing a similar set up in 2 weeks. I have a Max Tow basically still stock but I have added 33x12.5 tires on 17” wheels. Still stock suspension. I will be renting a uhaul car hauler to tow my 03 TJ. I’m very curious how this will set up is going to work out. My math puts the jeep and trailer at 6000lb. Plus me and my wife will be in the truck with some gear for the weekend. So another 500 lbs. most of our 4 hour drive will be mostly flat land with an hour into the hills of western AR. I’m hoping to one day purchase a light car hauler but the funds just aren’t there for us yet.
thank you for any advice.
6D1CF117-39FD-464D-AAE6-23784FC6286B.jpeg

8D23A881-F391-483E-B3E0-B6AC2F4BDDC9.jpeg
Sponsored

Undecided

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S w/ Max Tow!
Occupation
Cybersecurity
I am only at 500 miles but feel the same. No lift for me, I am not mechanically inclined enough to swap springs or shocks or whatever. As others have said, slightly bigger tires may happen once these wear down.

I am not a fan of rock crawling. I bought my JT for summer drives, weekend warrior work, towing, and minor trails around camp sites or the "main loops" at local off road areas. Makes Max Tow perfect option.

I am a tad upset I missed out on Punk'n, however my Sting Gray is getting orange accents and I think that is a really close second.

It may not be the most expensive JT, or the most capable, and will stay "ugly" stock - but it's my JT and I am thrilled.

IMG_0590.jpeg

marcwithac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Max Tow
I'm with you guys. The Max Tow with just upgraded tire is a pretty awesome truck. I would have loved to keep the stock tires for the functionality but sometimes you have to go for the look. Dont plan on doing anything else to it to be honest.

20210319_141936.jpg

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
I have had this Jeep JT Max Tow for a year and a half and I can’t get myself to lift it. I want 37’s in my head and I’ve had plenty of Jeeps, most all lifted and taken off road. This Max Tow just does so well as is. The gearing and the small tires keep it peppy. All of the complaints I hear about the 3.6 being weak. Yes, I am sure after a lift and bigger tires it feels that way... but these certainly aren’t sports cars or muscle cars and they don’t need to be rock crawlers either.

I have towed close to the Max with this truck and it does so well! I have had 3 of the 1 Ton Crew Cab 8 ft bed 7.3 diesel Fords. All tuned and beastly, but they are so BIG! I never towed the Max with those trucks. I pulled my wakeboard boats with them and used one for building my house. I think the most I ever towed with a goose neck was around 12k lbs.

When I bought the Max Tow I was coming from a lifted 2016 Rubicon JKUHR on 35’s. I Loved the JKUHR and it was a manual that I daily drove. When I traded the the JKUHR for the Max Tow I thought I would lift the JT, put some 37’s on it right away... but it is soooo good just the way it is.

The more I use it, the more I drive it, the more I love it.

The Max Tow is a special edition that is so overlooked and IMOP misunderstood. Out of all the JTs these Max Tow Jeep trucks are the ones that made the engineers really think hard on how to achieve what Jeep wanted. They had to test the Jeep Truck Max Tow to make sure it was what Jeep wanted the Gladiator to be. Jeep wanted a real pickup truck, not a wrangler with a bed. The Jeep brass knew that if they made that pseudo truck, the Gladiator would have been a joke. The competition would have raked it over the coals. Jeep wanted the Gladiator to best all other brands with the top payload and best towing in its class. The engineers had to do it with a fixed hood height and grill width too... you can’t change the look too much on an Icon. The Max Tow has to keep the approach angle that the wrangler and the other JTs had. They managed to pull it off! With bigger grill slots, bigger brakes, improved cooling system, wider heavier duty axles, 4:10 gears and an 8 speed automatic.

The Max Tow IS what gave us all the opportunity to buy a convertible Jeep Truck. The Max Tow is the benchmark Jeep set for their engineers when they created the Gladiator. A real mid sized truck best in class. The Rubicon has already been done with the wrangler, so it is no surprise that they would do the same treatment on the JT. No big deal to the masses if they released a Wrangler dressed as a truck, even with the Rubicon sticker. The Max Tow is what benchmarked the Gladiator as a real truck! When I role by the Yota, Chebby and Ford mid sized truck owners towing 6+ thousand pounds up a mountain at the speed limit. This just makes me feel good. I know their mid size trucks can’t do it! They certainly can’t do it with the top down!

The Max Tow IS the ultimate Jeep convertible pickup truck! Jeep really did an amazing job with it and I just don’t want to mess it up!

Jeep Gladiator Anybody Completely Enamored with the MAX TOW Stock? 20210319_141936

Jeep Gladiator Anybody Completely Enamored with the MAX TOW Stock? 20210319_141936
I agree with you, my stock Sport S with max tow is quick off the line, I've driven it at over 80 on the highways with no problems. I'm loving it. And I've not done the steering box change, still original from 7/19.

Sponsored

Huntinjeep

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1946 CJ2A, 1972 Commando, 2002 TJ, 2005 TJ, 2019 JL
I have the max tow, 37‘s, mopar 2” lift with 1.5” spacers and towed 3 Jeep over the last few weeks. It tows great and the computer says it is getting 19 MPG going 65-70 on the freeway. The last truck I had for towing was a 08 2500 Dodge mega cab with the 6.7, it never got over 15 towing Jeeps. This is a great Jeep.

3FBD773E-AABA-4D08-A372-C5BEA7106800.jpeg

27C5E5E0-C018-4B51-B014-04F5A126198C.jpeg

OP
OP
XJADDICTION

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
I have the max tow, 37‘s, mopar 2” lift with 1.5” spacers and towed 3 Jeep over the last few weeks. It tows great and the computer says it is getting 19 MPG going 65-70 on the freeway. The last truck I had for towing was a 08 2500 Dodge mega cab with the 6.7, it never got over 15 towing Jeeps. This is a great Jeep.

Jeep Gladiator Anybody Completely Enamored with the MAX TOW Stock? 27C5E5E0-C018-4B51-B014-04F5A126198C

Jeep Gladiator Anybody Completely Enamored with the MAX TOW Stock? 27C5E5E0-C018-4B51-B014-04F5A126198C
That’s awesome, is this April Fools?

OP
OP
XJADDICTION

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
How it should come from the factory

15E3E5A2-F376-4815-8CBE-685714E8A297.jpeg

Dakarider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee (getting Gladiator soon)
Occupation
Network Engineer
Been looking at Gladiators for last 2 months now, I like the Mojave but I just would not use most those features and don't want to spend that much. I really like the Willys too but I kept coming back to the Sport with Max Tow. I wanted a truck and that seems to be the most truck version. I put a deposit down on one thats in transit. I still have over a week to change my mind though. But I won't be putting any lift kit on it. Probably some 33" tires though and that should do me.

Huntinjeep

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s awesome, is this April Fools?
No April Fools. It is a great truck. The main difference is the size of the bed and that the seats are closer together. Still fits 4 adults fine and if I need to pick up a lot at the store I just bring a trailer.

Sponsored

OP
OP
XJADDICTION

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
No April Fools. It is a great truck. The main difference is the size of the bed and that the seats are closer together. Still fits 4 adults fine and if I need to pick up a lot at the store I just bring a trailer.

That is awesome! 19 avg MPG with lift and 37’s towing that much. Are you still stock 4:10’s and are you doing any else with programmer, air intake etc.?

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
i tow with mopar lift on 37's an enclosed cargo trailer sport s (alum. 6'x6'x14' v-nose, built camper) at 3400 lbs of trailer and all extra gear but did 4.88's and i get 12 mpg towing for vacations, manual trans, no power mods, tazer jl mini corrected speedo to actual gps speeds

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
I hear ya! I did the 4.5" lift and 37's on my max tow, but only for trails (its a 3rd vehicle, not a DD)
However,...........I kept my stock wheels and 33's for when I tow my trailer. I have 2 sets of wheels and tires. I will use my 37;s with my RTT when I hit MOAB and Ouray as well as other trails. Here is a pic of each.

Jeep Gladiator Anybody Completely Enamored with the MAX TOW Stock? IMG_0945

Jeep Gladiator Anybody Completely Enamored with the MAX TOW Stock? IMG_0212

OP
OP
XJADDICTION

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
I hear ya! I did the 4.5" lift and 37's on my max tow, but only for trails (its a 3rd vehicle, not a DD)
However,...........I kept my stock wheels and 33's for when I tow my trailer. I have 2 sets of wheels and tires. I will use my 37;s with my RTT when I hit MOAB and Ouray as well as other trails. Here is a pic of each.

That’s awesome! Love the red with soft top and 37’s

Huntinjeep

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is awesome! 19 avg MPG with lift and 37’s towing that much. Are you still stock 4:10’s and are you doing any else with programmer, air intake etc.?
It is still 4:10 gears with the factory ordered cold air intake (hood has not been cut yet) and it has the tazer so the speedo is correct. I do not drive it like a race car and have the soft top on and open most of the time with the windows down. And to be more clear, the 19 mpg is not average, it is what the computer says current MPG when towing the flatbed trailer with a Jeep on it driving 65-70 mph on the freeways in Phoenix (they are pretty flat).
Sponsored