Sponsored

Anybody have experience with Superwinch?

Nannook of the north

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport
If you guys like the superwinches power to ya and keep on jeeping
Sponsored

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Selfless plug, but for anyone potentially interested I have a new, unused, in (kind of beat up) original packaging Superwinch S102738 (10k EXP with synthetic rope and integrated solenoid) for sale for $1k. MSRP was over $1,600 last I checked. I'm in middle TN (Clarksville/Nashville area), pickup only.

Jeep Gladiator Anybody have experience with Superwinch? 20200512_183740

I did misplace the hook somewhere, but I'm including both the standard wired, and a new wireless remote. The EXP is Superwinch's top of the line product line; their equivalent to the WARN Zeon series.

I've heard great things about Superwinch, particularly the EXP series. I'm selling because I honestly don't use winches that frequently so I'm good with something cheaper, and my Jeep is red so I don't want to mount a winch with blue accents on it. If I had a blue Jeep, I'd keep it. Vain, I know, but it is what it is lol. PM if interested.

Clay

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired LEO
I had a SuperWinch 8500lb. on my 2013 Wrangler for 7 years and never had a problem with it. A few times I overheated it under a load and it would stop working, but after cooling down, it would run fine. I eventually sold it and bought a SmittyBuilt XR20 12,000.

Sponsored

Nine Ball

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Entrepreneur
I've owned two car haulers with Superwinch's installed. Never had an issue with them. Each lasted years, and still work.

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
Harbor Freight and Smittybilt are both crap. A friend of mine in the industry quotes failure/return rates as high as 50% with Smittybilt winches. Buyer beware.

SUPERWINCH on the other hand makes some really well thought out winches like the Tigershark and the Talon.

I have a new Talon sitting here that’s going on soon.
For what’s it’s worth I have a super winch on my atv and had nothing but problems with it. Used maybe a hand full of times... it’s finicky and currently won’t release the cable going out.

Forum Crawler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Working for the man every night and day
For what’s it’s worth I have a super winch on my atv and had nothing but problems with it. Used maybe a hand full of times... it’s finicky and currently won’t release the cable going out.
Sounds mechanical. Have you opened it up and applied grease? It’s a good idea with any winch to disassemble, inspect and lubricate every couple years.

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
Smittybilt
Got it, your a Shittybilt fan. Chinese made winch that will not fail because you say so.
I bought a Warn Zeon winch because I wanted to support American workers as much as I can during this pandemic.
And yes the Zeon line is 100% made in America with American made parts. (I just gave you the Cliffs Notes version of the article you don’t want to read.)

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds mechanical. Have you opened it up and applied grease? It’s a good idea with any winch to disassemble, inspect and lubricate every couple years.
It’s about 11 months old... but even in the first month or so have had random issues like it wouldn’t retrieve, OR give slack, with no rhyme or reason to either scenario.

Someone said it could be the switch or solenoid, but I haven’t really had time to mess with it. Right now, the motor works... just in one direction. Lucky currently it retrieves so I can just put it in neutral to get slack if needed... but it’s just a pain.

Sponsored

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let’s be real children. While American workers are important to our economy, so are Chinese products and laborers. Ever checked the electronics on anything you buy? Ever shopped at Walmart or Amazon? I’m sure the Servers that support this site (or some component there of) are Chinese in origin. Reality is everything would be expensive as crap if we didn’t source certain things external to the US.

With that being said, I am a fan of American products, but in reality most of the US population couldn’t afford 100% domestic products. US labor is so darn expensive, and in reality, most labor jobs are foreign workers. Try construction... farming, landscaping ... both are equally important and have their place in our economy. If you don’t agree, that’s fine, I get it. Agreeing or meeting on common ground isn’t exactly built into our culture like it used to be.

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 335i, 2014 X5, 2021 JTR
Build Thread
Link
I’m starting this adventure of looking for a winch. Was going to go warn VR 10k with steel line but have decided to look at synthetic. For the same dough as the warm vr 10k synthetic, I can get the 12k superwonch ex. I will likely need to use a winch less than 10 times a year. I just want something that I know will work and get me out of a jam when needed. Or should I chuck the whole idea and just use my high lift to winch me out.

Nannook of the north

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport
Got it, your a Shittybilt fan. Chinese made winch that will not fail because you say so.
I bought a Warn Zeon winch because I wanted to support American workers as much as I can during this pandemic.
And yes the Zeon line is 100% made in America with American made parts. (I just gave you the Cliffs Notes version of the article you don’t want to read.)
Lol are you going to be okay? What are the chances that the remaining Warn winches that ARE made in China are made in the same factory as the shittybilt's????
Sponsored