Sponsored

Anybody have experience with the new Teraflex sway bar disconnects?

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I watched the video on the new Teraflex quick sway bar disconnects (1764000) and liked how they install without cutting off the lower mount tab that's required by the JKS, but I'd like to hear if anybody else has tried that new design, and if so, what did you think?

Teraflex install video
Sponsored

Wrludlow

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Law Enforcement
I watched the video on the new Teraflex quick sway bar disconnects (1764000) and liked how they install without cutting off the lower mount tab that's required by the JKS, but I'd like to hear if anybody else has tried that new design, and if so, what did you think?

Teraflex install video
This is exactly what I was wanting. I especially like the "stored" position to place the sway bar links, so you don't have to completely remove them and risk losing somewhere.

OP
OP
Dainbramaged

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is exactly what I was wanting. I especially like the "stored" position to place the sway bar links, so you don't have to completely remove them and risk losing somewhere.
Exactly! Up and out of the way where they can't rub. I'm just curious how that bottom mount is working out.

OP
OP
Dainbramaged

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So I installed the disconnects this weekend, just didn’t get the chance to try them in the field. The installation required some grinding on the driver side bracket to work around a heavy factory weld (which I painted black before final assembly), and a little bit of bending on the passenger side factory bracket (see pictures below for how it fits tight) to get everything in, but nothing too extreme.

Once assembled and greased, it’s incredibly quick to disconnect the sway bar and attached the link to the upper bracket where everything is up and out of the way (the last picture shows where the link mounts to the stud up high).

Going back and reconnecting is super simple as well. The only thing I’m thinking about doing is tethering the washer and the lynch pins with a short stainless steel braided wire so I don’t drop the washer and lose it in the mud.

I’ll post an update when I’ve had a chance to exercise the setup a bit more.

Jeep Gladiator Anybody have experience with the new Teraflex sway bar disconnects? 595E25EE-7DB7-4462-8354-3C6817BE572B

Jeep Gladiator Anybody have experience with the new Teraflex sway bar disconnects? CDD74EF2-CA73-4FEB-A59A-563AF0CB185E

Jeep Gladiator Anybody have experience with the new Teraflex sway bar disconnects? B05FE1D8-8DF4-4170-9A27-2AA696A0C69E

Jeep Gladiator Anybody have experience with the new Teraflex sway bar disconnects? 02657E95-25ED-4D02-B706-FBAB67697DC3

Jeep Gladiator Anybody have experience with the new Teraflex sway bar disconnects? C5A22D10-2672-46CD-9AC7-30B8C01491B4

16DDAC30-5BC8-4B88-AF4A-4B6CCD9E3DE0.jpeg

Last edited:

machstell

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Computer Geek; Jeep Lover
Vehicle Showcase

Teraflex install video

I know this is a very late response but I saw the same video and decided to install on my 2020 Overland. I couldn't be happier. Install was a snap and like many here, I love the "no drill" aspect.

I will say that the Teraflex connectors will appear too long at first glance. Especially for a Zero lift Jeep. You do have to nearly "MAX out" the upward swing of the sway bar in order to connect (engaged) mode - the sway bar is very close to max "upward" travel. No issues when disconnected and stored, you just have to swing sway bar downward (almost to original) position for storage. Teraflex connector rods are fixed length. I have seen others that do adjust length.

I'm pretty sure it's just in my mind, but that new engaged position seems to have stiffened up my "road drive" experience just a little- which is very good. It "feels" more stable on road than before - and of course, when off-road and disconnected, you get that extra travel to suspension- so for me I think teraflex is a definite "WIN-WIN" DIY mod.

Overall, I'm satisfied with Teraflex quick disconnects. I will try to post some photos of this recent install to my build link here.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dainbramaged

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
After using these disconnects a few times, the thing that I would add to my prior notes is that when you reconnect, you really need to be on very flat ground, or have someone who can help sit on the high side to bring it down so you connect the last sway bar linkage.

Gijohn96

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
Occupation
Refinery guy
I have reached out to Teraflex asking if there are any brand of inner fender liners that are compatible with the "storage bracket" and they said they have not tried them with any. Does anyone else have experience with this? The bracket is quite tall and I believe would not be usable with most aluminum inner fender liners.

I do love the quick disconnects, just hoping I can keep these brackets.

jtforrester

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
After using these disconnects a few times, the thing that I would add to my prior notes is that when you reconnect, you really need to be on very flat ground, or have someone who can help sit on the high side to bring it down so you connect the last sway bar linkage.
I have the Teraflex quick disconnects and agree with what you said about needing level ground. I suspect that is the case for any quick disconnect. I found that you can disconnect and reconnect them on slightly unlevel ground with a couple light taps from a rubber hammer.

Skubyballs

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
skubyballs.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Actor
I have reached out to Teraflex asking if there are any brand of inner fender liners that are compatible with the "storage bracket" and they said they have not tried them with any. Does anyone else have experience with this? The bracket is quite tall and I believe would not be usable with most aluminum inner fender liners.

I do love the quick disconnects, just hoping I can keep these brackets.
I have the same issue. I can’t use my after market inner liners now so I’m running opened up under there. Haven’t found a liner that works!
Sponsored