First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
'22 Willys, diesel. Want to install sway bar disconnects, entertained using Rubicon parts if they will match up, or what is a general recommend for aftermarket, ease of use etc. And no, i cant afford Apex right now! But i wish...
Sponsored

u-joint

First Name
Inigo Montoya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Yes
Your best bet is to look at something like the Teraflex quick disconnect. It replaces the sway bar links with new ones that are designed to be quickly removed.

Alternatively, you could just carry around some wrenches with you - probably should anyway. That's what I did on my JK, as I had a hard time justifying the $170+ for what is essentially a 5 minute task.

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
'22 Willys, diesel. Want to install sway bar disconnects, entertained using Rubicon parts if they will match up, or what is a general recommend for aftermarket, ease of use etc. And no, i cant afford Apex right now! But i wish...
You can get lucky and find broken JK electronic disconnect for free and convert it to manual operation.

Zero_Accel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
You'll want manual disconnects, so something like the Terraflex/JKS /Metalcloak/Rough Country/Synergy disconnects etc. These you just pull a pin at the bottom of the link and rotate it out of the way. Some of these kits will have a holding pin to place the link, some use straps, others you will have to ziptie. Depending on the kit, you may need to trim the passenger side sway bar link on the axle, so there's no going back to stock, so check the instructions before you buy!

I'm running the Synergy disconnects right now, they work pretty well as far as manual disconnects go, but wrestling the links free/back onto the truck everytime I wanted to disco got old quick, so I actually just ordered the Apex links this week, so I'll sell those once the Apex links get here lol.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
You'll want manual disconnects, so something like the Terraflex/JKS /Metalcloak/Rough Country/Synergy disconnects etc. These you just pull a pin at the bottom of the link and rotate it out of the way. Some of these kits will have a holding pin to place the link, some use straps, others you will have to ziptie.

I'm running the Synergy disconnects right, they worked pretty well as far as manual disconnects go, but wrestling the links free/back onto the truck everytime I wanted to disco got old quick, so I actually just ordered the Apex Links this week, so I'll sell those once the Apex links get here lol.
How did you order the Apex? They're sold out till May....

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
I have the Apex on my Mojave getting ready for some mild wheeling. I'm very impressed with the quality, and twisting the knob is awesome. I might even prefer over the Rubicon sway bar disconnect ,disconnect when heading out reconnect when coming in , does not reconnect at speed, less things to fail, but Rubicons do it from their seat, and can't forget to reconnect when leaving . Only real world testing I have done is a couple of Pa. salt and brine tests courtesy of our highway department, they have not corroded away yet!
Sucks the price went up so much, but I would still probably pull the trigger instead of using the other options out there at this time......Jack

Zero_Accel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
How did you order the Apex? They're sold out till May....
Ordered them through El Ray motorsports, we'll see if they ship this week, if they're out of stock I'll request a refund. If there's any issues I payed through paypal so I'll use the buyers protection incase they're not on the up and up.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Ordered them through El Ray motorsports, we'll see if they ship this week, if they're out of stock I'll request a refund. If there's any issues I payed through paypal so I'll use the buyers protection incase they're not on the up and up.
Cool hopefully they had them stock. If they're just drop shipping, Apex has none.

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
If you want to spend the coin, you can also use an antirock swaybar up front too. Allows for flex offroad but you can drive on road with it too. The only con is you do get a little more body roll in the corners but the pro is you never have to disconnect when going offroad.

Sponsored

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Thanks for the source! I just purchased there as well and got 10% off for it being my first order with them, and they still had them for $395. Hopefully they still have a few in stocks, guess we'll find out in a few days

Zero_Accel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Cool hopefully they had them stock. If they're just drop shipping, Apex has none.
So I got a reply from El Rey, they're saying these things are 4 weeks out last they checked, waiting on feedback from the vendor, so looks like they're still out of stock.

Debating on canceling my order, but these guys did still list them at the original price, I'll give them a few days, at least I got a reply from El Rey so that's a decent sign, although I would have liked for them to have listed them as back-ordered, they have other parts listed as out of stock, a bit annoying to not list it properly, especially with how much these things cost.

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
Have a look at the JKS Tunable Links. You end up with dual purpose setup and so long as you aren't disconnecting/reconnecting multiple times a day, they are pretty cool.

Zero_Accel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Thanks for the source! I just purchased there as well and got 10% off for it being my first order with them, and they still had them for $395. Hopefully they still have a few in stocks, guess we'll find out in a few days
So I got a reply from El Rey, they're saying these things are 4 weeks out last they checked, waiting on feedback from the vendor, so looks like they're still out of stock. I'm going to give them a few more days for Apex to reply.

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
So I got a reply from El Rey, they're saying these things are 4 weeks out last they checked, waiting on feedback from the vendor, so looks like they're still out of stock. I'm going to give them a few more days for Apex to reply.
Yea I received an email today stating they're out of stock but should be available in 3-4 weeks and asked if I wanted to keep my order. I said yes, so we'll see in a few weeks what happens and if they honor the price I paid. I don't mind waiting and they're not available anywhere else anyway. Double checked their site and the updated the disconnects to out of stock so seems like everything is on the up and up.
Sponsored