Sponsored

Anybody have tips for making the back seat more comfortable when napping?

thetruth1983

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
I tear down doors for a living
I get a lot of down time on one of my jobs so I've started taking naps in the back of my gladiator. It's painful to say the least and I'm only 5'9". I've thought about taking out the resr storage divider to give me a little more time but I wanted to see if anyone knows of anything I could buy to make it more comfortable back there.
Sponsored

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
There's an inflatable mattress made for rear seats that has legs that fill the foot well. Don't have the link but I'm sure you can find it on Amazon.

The Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
If you have a rack, you could string up a hammock. Some of my coworkers have one in the back of their cargo vans for waiting at job sites. I'd store a pillow between the roll cage and roof near the back seat for "naps".

Liftr

First Name
Duran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S
Occupation
Aviation
I saw one guy hang a hammock from the passenger A Pillar, diagonally to the Driver C pillar.

Sponsored

OP
OP

thetruth1983

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wouldn’t the reclining front seat be more comfortable?
I've tried that and it does work a bit better. I'd just prefer to be in the back seat since it's harder to be spotted. Also, it should be noted that I'm in Texas so sleeping in the bed or tent during the day isn't an option. I'd wake up a boiled egg lol.

OP
OP

thetruth1983

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
There's an inflatable mattress made for rear seats that has legs that fill the foot well. Don't have the link but I'm sure you can find it on Amazon.
I'm going to look for this. Thanks!

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
I get a lot of down time on one of my jobs so I've started taking naps in the back of my gladiator. It's painful to say the least and I'm only 5'9". I've thought about taking out the resr storage divider to give me a little more time but I wanted to see if anyone knows of anything I could buy to make it more comfortable back there.
I once accommodated a high school sweet heart in my 63 Vet at a Drive In Theater. Comfort was not the goal then, and it shouldn't be now.....

Sponsored

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Just one more thing to try and stow. I’ll stick with the front seat. The right seat works better: less in the way.

Kevin
I agree except I can't stretch out my long legs fully... not that I can in the back seat either being 6-02 but at least I have lateral space.

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
I agree except I can't stretch out my long legs fully... not that I can in the back seat either being 6-02 but at least I have lateral space.
I’m only 6’0”, but it’s still less than ideal. I’ve been sleeping in my vehicles on long drives for quite some time, and only one of mine is comfortable, but it has a queen-size bed and is twice as long as the Gladiator.
Back seats are too lumpy, and I wake up with my legs killing me. So the front seat for me. Besides, it’s a lot easier to start when I get too hot or cold.

Kevin
Sponsored