Sponsored

Anybody running the Fox Performance 2.0 Remote Reservoir Shock?

tonywin

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Just ordered these 2.0's from Accutune as well. Excited to get them on in a few weeks.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Cavitt

First Name
Cavitt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR; 1998 Mercedes SL600
Just ordered these 2.0's from Accutune as well. Excited to get them on in a few weeks.
Awesome! I'm really excited to try a custom tuned shock to see how muck difference they really make.

tonywin

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Awesome! I'm really excited to try a custom tuned shock to see how muck difference they really make.
Agreed. I was originally going to order from Quadratec but having custom tuned shocks for my truck is a no brainer. John/Jon from Accutune was super helpful.

tonywin

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Have you received yours yet? My fronts are getting delivered today. Excited to install this weekend.

OP
OP

Cavitt

First Name
Cavitt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you received yours yet? My fronts are getting delivered today. Excited to install this weekend.
I haven't. I just got a call from them verifying my setup last Thursday so they expect they will ship this week.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Cavitt

First Name
Cavitt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Updating in case anyone follows this later.

I got my shocks last week from Accutune and finally got my shocks installed last night, so thought Iā€™d leave a quick update.

Front install was straightforward. The front reservoir installation is pretty well defined in the instructions. The only thing I did differently was to flip the bracket. The instructions show the bracket with the bolts towards the back of the truck and the bracket part towards the front. This made the line between the shock and reservoir a little tight for my liking. I flipped the bracket, and all was well.

I did the fronts first and drove it around the block and could definitely tell the difference between the front and back. Mostly on the smaller bumps and expansion joint type bumps. It was kind of like ā€˜thudā€™ then ā€˜kickā€™ between the front and rear hitting the same bump. That encouraged me to get the rears done last night as well.

The rear shocks come fully extended (at least from Accutune) so you'll need to droop the suspension on each side to make the install a little easier. Mine was made more difficult since I'm currently only running a 3/4" spacer in the back and the shocks are for my new Clayton 2.5ā€ lift which is getting installed next week. Not ideal, but I wanted to get a feel for the difference before and after the lift.

Overall, the new shocks are much smoother over smaller bumps and expansion joint type bumps, but not what I'd call soft. Kind of just right. You really donā€™t notice the small bumps but having driven over them since I bought the truck, you do notice that they are not noticeable now. On the harder bumps, like potholes, I didn't think there was as dramatic a difference, but the truck felt more stable with significantly less reverberation in the suspension. Cornering seems flatter with a little less body roll than before.

Iā€™ll give an update after the lift is installed and they are working in their optimal range of motion.

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Iā€™ll give an update after the lift is installed and they are working in their optimal range of motion.
OP,

Any update on what you think? Also, curious which tune you opted for as Accutune says they have three standard options (Adventure, Dual Sport and Trail).

Thanks in advance.

OP
OP

Cavitt

First Name
Cavitt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP,

Any update on what you think? Also, curious which tune you opted for as Accutune says they have three standard options (Adventure, Dual Sport and Trail).

Thanks in advance.
Glad you reminded me to give an update. I completely spaced it.

I went with the Adventure tune factoring in the Clayton 2.5" lift, 37's, steel bumpers, Rockslide Engineering slides (very heavy), bed rack and tent.

Longer term review from my initial comments, I felt the ripples were fine, but pothole type bumps were harsh with my factory Falken Wildpeak 33" MT's. I finally got my 37's (BFG KM3 MT's) and it finally feel like what I wanted. The tire takes up the harshness and I love the setup.

The things I like about it is that it corners great without much body roll or dip when braking. It is still not 'soft'. It still has a firm ride, but no harsh. It feels very stable for being lifted on such tall tires.

Hope this helps.

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR

I went with the Adventure tune factoring in the Clayton 2.5" lift, 37's, steel bumpers, Rockslide Engineering slides (very heavy), bed rack and tent.

Longer term review from my initial comments, I felt the ripples were fine, but pothole type bumps were harsh with my factory Falken Wildpeak 33" MT's. I finally got my 37's (BFG KM3 MT's) and it finally feel like what I wanted. The tire takes up the harshness and I love the setup.

The things I like about it is that it corners great without much body roll or dip when braking. It is still not 'soft'. It still has a firm ride, but no harsh. It feels very stable for being lifted on such tall tires.

Hope this helps.
Thank you! I am debating whether to go with these shocks or not. Lots of people seem to like them and say the money is worth it. I appreciate you helping me decide, this is very helpful info.

21Moja

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Master Distiller

Hope this helps.
Still happy with them? Have you gotten them offroad?