Sponsored

Anyone building (planning) to build a Jeep Wayout?

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
If you take a side profile view from the Gladiator build for the gator and gobi then photoshop the gobi hardtop onto the gator -- I did it in MS Powerpoint and just cropped the top off the Gator and then overlayed it on top of the Gobi -- it looks pretty slick!
Well WTH mate, when are you going to share this awesome photo?
Edit: I changed the F to an H, don't want to be using harsh letters and all. :LOL:
Sponsored

Last edited:

desertfox73

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2019 Raptor SCrew
Here's a link to the "Off-Road Wedge Camper Shootout"
https://expeditionportal.com/the-off-road-wedge-camper-shootout/
as it has a number of RTT options for those looking to do something like this.

I'm personally not a fan of the green color of the Gladiator nor are the "steelie" wheels my thing. But the concept is, for me, really interesting and building one with the Box Frame and RTT (Roof Top Tent) is super interesting.

A build like this is more appealing to me...
Used-2020-Jeep-Gladiator-Rubicon-Signature-Series-I.jpg

The tires are 38 x 15.5 (!!!) x 20 - too wide for me but they look great!

Details on the above Gladiator:
4" Custom Lift
Open Country Toyo MT 38 x 15.5 x 20
Rhino Armory Wheels, 20 x 12
Adjustable Front Traction Bar
JL Dual Stabilizer Bar
Amp Research Bars
https://www.bjmotors.biz/2020-jeep-gladiator-rubicon-signature-series-c-13507.htm
Funny - this is literally the build I am working on right now. Should look just like this by Monday. After that will come the bed rack (Nuthouse) fabricated to match the cab roof height, awning (23Zero peregrine 270), RTT (iKamper X-Factor) and a few other goodies.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Funny - this is literally the build I am working on right now. Should look just like this by Monday. After that will come the bed rack (Nuthouse) fabricated to match the cab roof height, awning (23Zero peregrine 270), RTT (iKamper X-Factor) and a few other goodies.
that's a nice list of what i want. lol please post good info here, or at least link back to your build thread on this thread.

OP
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase

Keep us posted along the way - show us your build!

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Please do share your build. Those are the wheels I like and back when I was about to buy the ZR2 diesel, I was looking really hard at the Nuthouse lineup. I even went to Expo West in 2018 to talk to them and see their stuff in person. I was very happy with both.

Sponsored

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Well WTH mate, when are you going to share this awesome photo?
Edit: I changed the F to an H, don't want to be using harsh letters and all. :LOL:
I just knocked this out this morning....

GobiGatorJT.jpg

It looks better than I thought it was going to! lol

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just knocked this out this morning....

GobiGatorJT.jpg

It looks better than I thought it was going to! lol
I think I still like the black better.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Me too. I went with a color matched hard top on my JKUR and am really glad I did, but I'm thinking about going with a black one on the JT.
yeah I really dig the black top black fenders. more utilitarian/military-esque from the days of yore.........they probably digital camo everything now.

desertfox73

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please do share your build. Those are the wheels I like and back when I was about to buy the ZR2 diesel, I was looking really hard at the Nuthouse lineup. I even went to Expo West in 2018 to talk to them and see their stuff in person. I was very happy with both.
Will do! I was able to sneak into an open slot on the Nuthouse rack, so I should have it December/January...otherwise the wait would have been April.

So far they've been really communicative and helpful in making sure the rack works for my needs. I'm excited to see the final product. Yes, it's expensive as others have noted, but I believe in the motto "buy once, cry once". I don't want to buy something that I need to replace.

Sponsored

desertfox73

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
that's a nice list of what i want. lol please post good info here, or at least link back to your build thread on this thread.
Thanks - will do. The work will be done in phases - this first phase is the wheels/tires you see on the JT in the above photos, EVO 4.5" Enforcer Overland Stage 4 Plus with King shocks, magna flow hi-tuck exhaust, window tint, full stereo redo with 10"sub (keeping the OEM head unit for now), and AMP power step.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"buy once, cry once". I don't want to buy something that I need to replace.
never heard that before.......I dig it :rock:

That's kinda my motto and slowly i've changed my wife over to that. When I make a $500+ purchase, I tend to do it right and be done.

desertfox73

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
never heard that before.......I dig it :rock:

That's kinda my motto and slowly i've changed my wife over to that. When I make a $500+ purchase, I tend to do it right and be done.
Usually if I tell my wife about the purchase I cry twice. :)

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
This is just a mash-up from MS powerpoint - Not nearly as good as the rendition posted by Etoimos...

IMG_0084.PNG
Sponsored