Anyone change spark plugs yet?

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep JT Willys, 2005 350z con
Curious to know if anyone had to replace spark plugs yet? Trying to figure out what the cost will be to tune up the gladiator, seems like a time consuming process. If done by myself, might as well install a supercharger lol.
Sponsored

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
There's a great video on YouTube from Exodus jeeps. Once you watch this you will see how easy it really is.
I plan on doing my own after watching it.
Seems easy enough if you have basic mechanical skills. If not then most certainly take it to someone.

OP
OP

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There's a great video on YouTube from Exodus jeeps. Once you watch this you will see how easy it really is.
Seems easy enough if you have basic mechanical skills. If not then most certainly take it to someone.
How long did he say it would take?

OP
OP

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol, just watched it. Seems like a fun time🤣

NCLife

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
Lol, just watched it. Seems like a fun time🤣
That’s insane. My daughter had a 2007 Santa Fe that was similar. It looked more daunting than it was. This looks pretty labor intensive.

Sponsored

OP
OP

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s insane. My daughter had a 2007 Santa Fe that was similar. It looked more daunting than it was. This looks pretty labor intensive.
Who's wants to call a dealer and ask the cost for a tune up?

Trlr8tdd

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition JT, 2013 JKR
Occupation
Aviation Chief Inspector
It’s about $600 for the dealer to change the plugs.
with a few simple hand tools you can do it in an afternoon. I changed coil packs and plugs on my 13 JKR (same engine). Take it slow and keep everything clean!

Da'Geezer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 06 Liberty, 04 Wrangler
Occupation
Retired
I just had mine changed at a dealership, 610.75, but I had other issues that needed looked at.

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
Curious to know if anyone had to replace spark plugs yet? Trying to figure out what the cost will be to tune up the gladiator, seems like a time consuming process. If done by myself, might as well install a supercharger lol.
I haven't found where they go yet...🤪

Sponsored

Medical_Bartender

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Willys, 2015 JK Willys, 2001 Ram 2500
Occupation
Active Duty
I changed my JK plugs a couple months ago in my garage once I hit 100k miles.. Start to finish it took me around 5-6 hours. I was being very careful and it was my first time. There are a few great y-tube videos that outline the steps. It's very straightforward. The main pain in the butt is getting all of the stuff out of the way for access to the driver's side bank.

I'd recommend you get a new set of upper intake manifold gaskets as well. 6 felpro gaskets are about $10-12 total. I also only changed the driver's side coil packs. The passenger side are easy to get to if I need to replace them in the future, the driver's side requires the intake plenum to be removed.

Also take a close look at your oil cooler filter housing. If it seems to be leaking this could be a good time to replace it with the aluminum version. My JK's cracked about 2 weeks after I changed spark plugs (really really cold start below zero did it in I think) so I had to remove the upper and lower intake to get to that which was another PITA considering I had it halfway uncovered when doing plugs the 2 weeks prior.

Have fun!

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I did a spark plug change on my 2020 Gladiator. Was not that hard but it took about 4-5 hours going at a comfortable pace taking my time. I am sure a flat rate mechanic that has done this before probably could halve that time. This was all done in a driveway with normal tools.
Sponsored

Last edited: