Sponsored

Anyone Concerned About Costs???

Gladiator4Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Toyota pickup, 2015 4Runner TRD Pro, 1993 Harley Davidson FXSTS,
45k with options pushing it to 50k. Let's hope this pressures FCA to keep their prices reasonable.
How does Chevy know what theirs will cost and we have yet to hear anything definitive from FCA?
Sponsored

Karnaj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Town & Country, 2002 Camry, 2003 Grand Am, 2021 Deisel JTR.
Occupation
Union Electrician
How does Chevy know what theirs will cost and we have yet to hear anything definitive from FCA?
I'm just quoting the article man, I didn't write it to provide sources

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Well the JT isn't offical yet. They have said a Jeep Truck is coming but haven't announced it yet, so it dosen't really exist in that sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
Really doubt the AEV bowtie rig stays under $50k. The Ram 1500 conversions are $80k.

OP
OP
Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Really doubt the AEV bowtie rig stays under $50k. The Ram 1500 conversions are $80k.
I don't think its going to be a conversion. I think its a vehicle Chevy is producing (limited) which should make it better economies of scale compared to a conversion like the RAMs and JEEPs

Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't think its going to be a conversion. I think its a vehicle Chevy is producing (limited) which should make it better economies of scale compared to a conversion like the RAMs and JEEPs
The Ram thing is an AEV stickered new vehicle. It's sold by the local Ram dealer. The AEV upgrades add a minimum of $18k, so if you take a ZR2 with a crew cab and a diesel, which comes in at $48k, add that $18k and you're looking at mid 60s. IMHO

And the ZR2/AEV thing still has the bowtie, so there's that. I'll take 7 slots and a removable top all day long.

OP
OP
Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
The Ram thing is an AEV stickered new vehicle. It's sold by the local Ram dealer. The AEV upgrades add a minimum of $18k, so if you take a ZR2 with a crew cab and a diesel, which comes in at $48k, add that $18k and you're looking at mid 60s. IMHO

And the ZR2/AEV thing still has the bowtie, so there's that. I'll take 7 slots and a removable top all day long.
Thats because of how its made.

Ram or Jeep makes the vehicle, it get shipped to AEV who then converts it to a AEV vehicle. The vehicle is then sold to a individual or a dealer who then sells it. You end up paying the full price of the vehicle plus the full price of the conversion.

With the ZR2 it was shown as a "concept" so AEV developed the parts with Chevy. Chevy makes the parts and installs them at the factory and the truck ships that way from the factory. This in turn would reduce costs a LOT. Also your not paying for parts that are being replaced like bumpers, wheels, tires, etc. Think of it as an options package on the vehicle instead of a conversion.

Now this is all speculation, but that how I could see it play out and still keep costs inline with the current ZR2 line up.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thats because of how its made.

Ram or Jeep makes the vehicle, it get shipped to AEV who then converts it to a AEV vehicle. The vehicle is then sold to a individual or a dealer who then sells it. You end up paying the full price of the vehicle plus the full price of the conversion.

With the ZR2 it was shown as a "concept" so AEV developed the parts with Chevy. Chevy makes the parts and installs them at the factory and the truck ships that way from the factory. This in turn would reduce costs a LOT. Also your not paying for parts that are being replaced like bumpers, wheels, tires, etc. Think of it as an options package on the vehicle instead of a conversion.

Now this is all speculation, but that how I could see it play out and still keep costs inline with the current ZR2 line up.
"I could see it play out and still keep costs inline with the current ZR2 line up".

Respectfully, NFW.

In all seriousness (& not flaming) there will be a significant upcharge.

OP
OP
Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
My point is that it simply will be a trim package or special edition with an uncharge. I don't think its going to be a full blow conversion cost of $10K+ I think it will be more in line with $3-4K add on.

Kind of like buying a special edition JK.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My point is that it simply will be a trim package or special edition with an uncharge. I don't think its going to be a full blow conversion cost of $10K+ I think it will be more in line with $3-4K add on.

Kind of like buying a special edition JK.
Bet a six pack? Just for fun?

Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I refuse to get drawn into a dance off, so beer it is...

propkillr

First Name
Howell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jk
I"m hoping for a JT Sport or Sort S. That would probably be the only way the cost would remain under 40 k! I think I was born a poor version of Bill Gates. Bill mom says Hi.

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
From all the speculation, lets just say the JT in a “Rubicon” trim is at $60k 5% off that is 57k
That would make the payments on zero down for 6 years with a 2.5% rate, $853.35 for 72 months.
That is most likely too rich for my blood.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed that it’ll be closer to $50k than $60k, otherwise I would have to consider the zr2 or ranger raptor or similar options

Ps- 5 year payments based on above is $1,011.60 per month for 60

OP
OP
Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
From all the speculation, lets just say the JT in a “Rubicon” trim is at $60k 5% off that is 57k
That would make the payments on zero down for 6 years with a 2.5% rate, $853.35 for 72 months.
That is most likely too rich for my blood.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed that it’ll be closer to $50k than $60k, otherwise I would have to consider the zr2 or ranger raptor or similar options

Ps- 5 year payments based on above is $1,011.60 per month for 60
$1,000 a month for a Jeep is crazy and thats at 6 years too.
Sponsored