Anyone Concerned About Costs???

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
The TRD Pro comes in at a very reasonable $43K and the ZR2 (with diesel) isn't far behind at $47k. FCA has already said the Gladiator will be intentionally expensive and I'm sure peeps will throw a fit if they can get a Rubicon truck for cheaper than they can get a 4 Door. My money, unfortunately, is on the Gladiator falling more in line with full size truck pricing. I imagine that the premium trim with the diesel will likely be in the $57-60k MSRP.
Im hoping when they say intentionally expensive they mean inline with the Tacoma Limited and TRD Pro, as ideally that would be on par with the JLs current Sahara & Rubicon trims. To a lot of people this would be "expensive". I worry that if they are priced only similar to TRD Pro, ZR2, and Raptor Ranger pricing that the truck its self will fail long term due to limited appeal. The Ford Raptor sells really well, but it doesn't keep the F150 being made. Same with the ZR2 and the TRD Pro. All of those are limited production special models (although not that limited or special).
JL Ruby with diesel will be 54-58K pending options. I also bet the JT will be there right with it.

If it is more inline with the diesel ZR2 pricing....... ohhh man - selling like hotcakes
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
JL Ruby with diesel will be 54-58K pending options. I also bet the JT will be there right with it.

If it is more inline with the diesel ZR2 pricing....... ohhh man - selling like hotcakes
I bet your correct. The problem with this is they will get that pricing for those of us die hards that have been wanting a Jeep truck, but that pricing isn't a solid long term strategy. The Wrangler has really no competition (at least not yet). However the JT already has a LOT. The TRD Pro is a proven platform, the ZR2 has shown its self to be a solid platform, and then there is the Raptor Ranger. All of these are less money then the JT and are going to be capable off road and even better off road in certain situations. The only thing the JT has is over the other is the removable top and larger 3.0L diesel engine. But the engine is something the other OEMs can complete with by simply altering their lines ups. Heck Ford might put one of the larger Ecoboost motors in the Raptor Ranger here which would be faster then the the JT offerings and still get good gas milage and towing.

Last edited:

Oakley_AK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Colorado, 2012 JKU Sahara
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
My guess is that the JT "Rubicon" trim level will be very close to 60k if not slightly above based off the options I would chose.

I talked to a dealer (Ohio) and they said that they would almost guarantee that they will offer 5% of MSRP on JT orders. Assuming 60k and 5% off, I would be paying right under 61k before any dealer fees.

For me, I can get a Colorado Diesel Z71 with an MSRP of around 42-43K (with options I like) for 9k off sticker. I also get GM supplier discount. This means I'd pay close to 36.5k with taxes and dealer fees.

At almost twice the cost I would have to pass on the JT and get the Colorado Diesel. Also, I will be doing very minor off-roading with the Colorado, more overlanding if I end up moving out of Ohio. The JT would allow me to do more offroading but since it would be my DD, I would not push it as much.

Finally, with the lower cost of the Colorado. I could pay for the Can-Am Maverick X3 I've been eyeing.

Gladiator4Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Toyota pickup, 2015 4Runner TRD Pro, 1993 Harley Davidson FXSTS,
My guess is that the JT "Rubicon" trim level will be very close to 60k if not slightly above based off the options I would chose.

I talked to a dealer (Ohio) and they said that they would almost guarantee that they will offer 5% of MSRP on JT orders. Assuming 60k and 5% off, I would be paying right under 61k before any dealer fees.

For me, I can get a Colorado Diesel Z71 with an MSRP of around 42-43K (with options I like) for 9k off sticker. I also get GM supplier discount. This means I'd pay close to 36.5k with taxes and dealer fees.

At almost twice the cost I would have to pass on the JT and get the Colorado Diesel. Also, I will be doing very minor off-roading with the Colorado, more overlanding if I end up moving out of Ohio. The JT would allow me to do more offroading but since it would be my DD, I would not push it as much.

Finally, with the lower cost of the Colorado. I could pay for the Can-Am Maverick X3 I've been eyeing.

Dealers typically don't know shit about a vehicle until it's on their lot. That's all I have to say about that.

Sponsored

Oakley_AK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Dealers typically don't know shit about a vehicle until it's on their lot. That's all I have to say about that.
Normally I'd agree, but this dealer I have complete trust in. All I'm stating, is that at the end of the day the JT is an FCA made vehicle and is not worth the 60k. Although people will still pay it, me including if I was further into my career.

For my needs and the other things I could buy with the cost savings, it just doesn't make sense to put all my money into a JT. But everyone's financials are different, if you are able or willing to put all the money into a single thing then by all means, go for it. I just think they are hurting themselves in the long run by not being competitive.

Gladiator4Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Toyota pickup, 2015 4Runner TRD Pro, 1993 Harley Davidson FXSTS,
Normally I'd agree, but this dealer I have complete trust in. All I'm stating, is that at the end of the day the JT is an FCA made vehicle and is not worth the 60k. Although people will still pay it, me including if I was further into my career.

For my needs and the other things I could buy with the cost savings, it just doesn't make sense to put all my money into a JT. But everyone's financials are different, if you are able or willing to put all the money into a single thing then by all means, go for it. I just think they are hurting themselves in the long run by not being competitive.
Was he able to divulge any more insider information about the JT that you can share with us?

Oakley_AK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Was he able to divulge any more insider information about the JT that you can share with us?
This has been maybe a month ago or so, No new information than what someone could find out on the Forums. He was mainly saying that they plan to offer 5% off MSRP for orders in the first couple months of sales.

I honestly don't know how much information would be shared with dealers this early on in the design phase, if any at all.

OP
OP
Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
This has been maybe a month ago or so, No new information than what someone could find out on the Forums. He was mainly saying that they plan to offer 5% off MSRP for orders in the first couple months of sales.

I honestly don't know how much information would be shared with dealers this early on in the design phase, if any at all.
5% MSRP is pretty decent but Im hoping to pay 5% below invoice with the Tread Lightly Program (Tread lightly will get you 1% below invoice standard).

But I do understand what your saying about the ZR2 as I have ran the numbers as well, and from a financial standpoint its hard to make the JT make financial sense. Your literally paying $10K premium for a removable top. Although Jeep's crazy resale values might still make the JT a better buy in the end.

Oakley_AK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
5% MSRP is pretty decent but Im hoping to pay 5% below invoice with the Tread Lightly Program (Tread lightly will get you 1% below invoice standard).

But I do understand what your saying about the ZR2 as I have ran the numbers as well, and from a financial standpoint its hard to make the JT make financial sense. Your literally paying $10K premium for a removable top. Although Jeep's crazy resale values might still make the JT a better buy in the end.
Looking back, it was 5% under invoice not MSRP. Not sure what that equates to off MSRP.

Sponsored

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
Last night I went and looked at and test drove a 2014 AEV JK350 premium build. Beautiful Jeep and had everything I would ever want in one, except for the utility of a pickup. I have owned a JK in the past and just couldn't go through with the purchase. My wife is the voice of reason and kept telling me we are under a year away for the JT and to be patient. Probably a good thing its so far off to give us all time to get funds in order because I think we can all agree its going to be expensive as hell. For me, it boils down to the cost of the Rubicon style trim versus the diesel package and whether I can afford both. If I had to choose one or the other I really don't know which way I would go. Lockers are easier to add than a powertrain. Time will tell.

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
The price I'm expecting will very likely kill the deal for me. Which sucks because I've always wanted a CJ/Wrangler, and could use the utility of a pickup, so the JT seems the perfect fit.

At those prices I'd have to consider the Colorado or even a 1500. My only issue with the Colorado (aside from not being a Jeep), is that you have to get the crew cab to get the diesel, unless you step up to the ZR2. While the JT will only be 4 door, at least it's still a Jeep. But with Chevy planning an I-6 diesel for the 1500, that would be attractive too.

Karnaj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Town & Country, 2002 Camry, 2003 Grand Am, 2021 Deisel JTR.
Occupation
Union Electrician