Sponsored

Anyone Considering Purchasing During This Crazy Time?

Gray_Bison

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LBZ Duramax, Q5 Quattro 2.0T
Occupation
Maintenance Lead
The wife was ready to forgo our wait for the eco d. But I wouldn't want to settle for a 3.6 that didn't at least have all the options we want. So I was ready to go down and start negotiating on a pull behind travel trailer, but that was squashed.
Sponsored

OP
OP

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Drove through the local dealer today. Did NOT help. I just wish they had one I was interested in. If Jeep offers an incentive, I plan on going hunting . . . for a Rubi.

ciarraikerry

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR
Occupation
Biologist
I ordered 6 days before they shut down the plant. I work for the National Institutes of Health so my job will not be going anywhere. My truck isnā€™t being built and I donā€™t fault them for it.

Empty Pockets

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S, Sting Ray, 6 Speed (YES!)
Iā€™m buying. Stocks through my 401K, that is. Already got the Gladiator. Iā€™m not retiring for another 5 or 6 years so I just upped my contribution. Everyone is wringing their hands, pulling their hair and thinking they are loosing their hat-n-ass right now. But as Buffet (Warren, not Jimmy) pointed out during the last recession, you havenā€™t lost anything until you sell

Be strong, folks. Weā€™ll get through all this and be stronger than ever.

MMMII

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR - 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Redfin - Real Estate Consultant
I'm shopping now but local inventory doesn't have what I want. I do think the backside of all this will bring great incentives.

Sponsored

BiffsJT

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2005 GX 470
you might want to. having the max tow also has a wider axles and better cooling
Thanks! I couldn't exchange out unless I went up to a Rubicon. Since this is my first Jeep, I am going to roll with this and see where it goes. I keep my vehicles for 10+ years, so I am sure I have years and dollars ahead of me.

Helryd68

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Rubicon(totaled), 2022 Sport S Diesel
I placed an order for the following approximately two weeks or so before things went sideways:

Sport S max tow
Preferred Package 24S
Auto
All weather mats / Cargo group
8.4" premium radio
Aux switch
Safety group
Hardtop
remote start /cold weather group
Spray liner / Roll up tonneau
Limited slip rear (dealer ordered even though I knew it was not available w/ Max tow)

MSPR is $49455 and sold it to me for $46412 with a $2500 non refundable deposit with signed build sheet and order form. When the sales manager made the order he said to also order the limited even though I told him it was not available w/ max tow. They also state they charge a $499 document fee. Considering the signed order sheet is not what was actually ordered plus what is going on I believe I will be able to renegotiate or at least get my deposit back. Thoughts??????

salvino

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GC Trailhawk/ 2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Finance Guy
Vehicle Showcase
This would probably be
Common sense dictates not to, but is anyone thinking about it? Great deals should be available from dealer lots (if sales depts. can remain open, that is).
This would be a great time to be a buyer as long as one wasnā€™t stretching oneā€™s budget to do so. Sorry the last part was the financial planner part of me.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
I placed an order ... Considering ... what is going on I believe I will be able to renegotiate or at least get my deposit back. Thoughts??????
If they can't put you in your Jeep within the average time it usually takes to order one (6-8 wks?)I would think they would give your deposit back. This happened to me back when the whole 'dieselgate' thing blew up, we had ordered a diesel GC and they stopped production & we got our funds back. Hopefully your dealership stays open & will work with you.

Sponsored

Fish70

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I ordered two and a half weeks ago. It shipped last week. Should be at the dealer anytime. Governor just shut all "Non-essential" businesses starting today at 5 pm. It's 3 now. I don't think I'm getting my truck anytime soon! :'(

OP
OP

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
The local Jeep dealer here is doing test drives/deliveries/paperwork at the buyer's house, per their website.

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
62' Willys Pick-Up 61'CJ5 07'JK
Ordered my Gladiator North Edition end of February. Was delivered 2 weeks ago to dealership. I stalled picking it up, waiting to see how all this unfolds. Hoping to take delivery after our 3 week lockdown for a much lower price tag and interest rate.....

IMG_20200310_171149247_HDR.jpg

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Praetorian"
I got an email from the dealer today that my Gladiator (Gator Rubicon) will arrive no later than Wednesday and I'm ready to buy. I might try to hold off until next week to see if any incentives drop on or about the 1st.

First Name
Sin Jin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Jeep Gladiator 1977 J10 Honcho
I picked one up last Sunday. Had been looking at Tacoma's, but loved the Gladiator. Although I am having some buyers remorse since I got a Sport S with the intent of a lift and 35s, but realized I should have got the Max Tow. I am considering taking it back this weekend to exchange for one with Max Tow and dropping some more coin. Anyone have thoughts on that?

Itā€™s interesting to see this post as I too bought s Sport S and am regretting not getting Max Tow. Mine does have the tow package which as I understand does give the better cooling. Iā€™m very new to this off-roading, truck, worlds I apologize for dumb questions. Does anyone know, Iā€™ve heard there is a magical number for gears thatā€™s a balance between off-roading and towing?

I looked at putting Dana 60s in there.... cost prohibitive from what I saw ($15,000!?). By my estimates Iā€™ll only ever need to to tow around 7,000-7,700. My buddy from Oklahoma who was a Marine (so military/country boy) says as long as Iā€™m going slower I should never have problems towing beyond rated tow... thoughts? Sometimes those country good ā€˜ol boys are spot on and sometimes theyā€™re... not.

sorry to commandeer the post. It I think I fit in the same boat, hope we can both get good answers.
Sponsored