Sponsored

Anyone Considering Purchasing During This Crazy Time?

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
It’s interesting to see this post as I too bought s Sport S and am regretting not getting Max Tow. Mine does have the tow package which as I understand does give the better cooling.?

By my estimates I’ll only ever need to to tow around 7,000-7,700. My buddy from Oklahoma who was a Marine (so military/country boy) says as long as I’m going slower I should never have problems towing beyond rated tow... thoughts? Sometimes those country good ‘ol boys are spot on and sometimes they’re... not.

sorry to commandeer the post. It I think I fit in the same boat, hope we can both get good answers.
Way to much weight, that's max for the Max tow and your towing limit is 6000. If you want to tow that, look at a full-size truck.
Sponsored

LidLess07X

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Recon, 2001 TJ Sport, 2018 Mustang GT PP1 with Roush S.C.
I already have my Gladiator as well as a JK and a TJ but I would buy a stripped two door JL right now if there were any in stock. I might need an intervention

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Praetorian"
Mine supposed to arrive next week. To buy in March or April? That's the question.
Mine arrived yesterday and I'm wondering the same thing. All the current incentives expire on the 31st, so something must be coming April 1st and I might benefit from it.....

K enny

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I got an email from the dealer today that my Gladiator (Gator Rubicon) will arrive no later than Wednesday and I'm ready to buy. I might try to hold off until next week to see if any incentives drop on or about the 1st.
That is what I am thinking too. There are a couple already at a dealer that I would be happy to have and am wondering what the start of next month will bring. I am hoping that Jeep would offer 0% on everything or maybe a flu incentive or something. At least they might be a little more antsy to make a sale and more willing to give a better deal.

Sponsored

mtpilatus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon
Considering getting a JTR. It's a pretty good deal, not sure if they will move much more. Our area is on an "essential businesses only" status for the next month. Their shops are allowed to stay open and one or two sales managers are around for the commercial business side.

murdoughnut

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chevrolet Traverse, 2019 Subaru Outback
I'm sure there will be deals to be had as this thing progresses, but the prices I'm seeing listed right now aren't too appealing. I can't seem to find a max tow sport in my area at all.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Guess I'm getting serious, paid the Tread Lightly membership yesterday.
We'll see what's up in 30 days ;)

OP
OP

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Guess I'm getting serious, paid the Tread Lightly membership yesterday.
We'll see what's up in 30 days ;)
Frappit! I forgot all about that. Thanks for mentioning it. I'm looking for better deals than now also.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Nope, too many talks of lay-offs and unemployment in my little tourism dependent town. The Xterra I drive is more than capable and has a title in my hands. The JT will need to wait.

Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
I sure as hell wish I had waited a bit. Could have saved $100/mo in financing due to $6000 off deals right now.

MMMII

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR - 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Redfin - Real Estate Consultant
Of course I can’t find the page or link right now but I saw FCA just update their ‘incentives’ on 3/20. Just curious why folks here think 4/1 things will change again.

I’m genuinely curious as I’m negotiating my JTR now. Although there are no 0% offers on the Rubicon currently, I have no problem waiting 5 more days since they have 2 exact models on the lot and inventory isn’t exactly flying off the lot right now.

Mr. Wuf

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Principal
I’m getting ready to pay my Tread Lightly membership to start the 30 day clock.

I’m very curious to see what April brings. I’m in no rush to buy, but I’m not above taking advantage of a global pandemic to get a good deal on a truck I have been thinking about buying for several months now.

JeepChak12

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mazda Miata GT
I placed an order for the following approximately two weeks or so before things went sideways:

Sport S max tow
Preferred Package 24S
Auto
All weather mats / Cargo group
8.4" premium radio
Aux switch
Safety group
Hardtop
remote start /cold weather group
Spray liner / Roll up tonneau
Limited slip rear (dealer ordered even though I knew it was not available w/ Max tow)

MSPR is $49455 and sold it to me for $46412 with a $2500 non refundable deposit with signed build sheet and order form. When the sales manager made the order he said to also order the limited even though I told him it was not available w/ max tow. They also state they charge a $499 document fee. Considering the signed order sheet is not what was actually ordered plus what is going on I believe I will be able to renegotiate or at least get my deposit back. Thoughts??????
You should look into the 'Truck of the Year' package, which is now called the 'Popular Equipment Package' to see if your dealer ordered it with that or not, or if it's compatible with your built. It combines the 7" radio group, convenience group, Hard top, and trailer tow package into a package that saves about $1500 over buying them separately. You got the 8.4" which I think means you technically had to order with the 7" group and convenience group, so you might have everything you need separately to get them combined as the package. The trailer tow hitch is combined with the Max Tow, so you may or may not be able to order with that, but non the less, it might be worth looking into if it can save you some $$.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
You should look into the 'Truck of the Year' package, which is now called the 'Popular Equipment Package' to see if your dealer ordered it with that or not, or if it's compatible with your built. It combines the 7" radio group, convenience group, Hard top, and trailer tow package into a package that saves about $1500 over buying them separately. You got the 8.4" which I think means you technically had to order with the 7" group and convenience group, so you might have everything you need separately to get them combined as the package. The trailer tow hitch is combined with the Max Tow, so you may or may not be able to order with that, but non the less, it might be worth looking into if it can save you some $$.
You can add the max tow on top of the truck of the year package
Sponsored