Sponsored

Anyone developing an aftermarket soft top?

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Fabric aside, I don't know if the gap between the door and the top is sealed. It would be great if it were because this would be a good starting point.
I don't know either.
Sponsored

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Bestop makes the factory top
yup and we get to pay the Mopar mark up on it right now since they haven't released a Bestop branded soft top yet.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
@Mikegcny any news on soft top options? I broke down and bought a Mopar one from FB market place for $1000. Still interested in other options.

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
Nope. My truck is still at the body shop. Probably won't get it back till after summer.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 335i, 2014 X5, 2021 JTR
Build Thread
Link
I just want one that will fold flat to the bed. I get why FCA designed it the way they did but Im shocked the aftermarket hasnt figured out something yet.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I just want one that will fold flat to the bed. I get why FCA designed it the way they did but Im shocked the aftermarket hasnt figured out something yet.
I agree - would love to have something gold back. I settled for factory to and will probably take it off. Guessing the sales probably haven’t got a point where the aftermarket is willing to jump in with a one off solution and Bestop already makes the factory top and likely had an agreement with Mopar not to compete for some time period.

Punknhead

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Would love to see something like the Mastertop products that Quadratec sells for the Wrangler. I had the three piece version on my JK and it was fantastic. Not waterproof but close enough if you have a garage. I kept it on all summer--and I could roll the whole thing up and store it in the jeep. Of course it would only be two pieces on the JT without the deck cover. Great quality and fit...like a soft top for around $350! Spring is coming--we need something like this!!

Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Broke down and bought Mopar Soft top.
Hey Bbannongmu! Sorry I'm a little late to the party.
That Mopar top looks great on there! We also offer the Sunrider for Hardtop but I appreciate that you're looking for a full soft top option that folds down. We are really looking forward to providing you with an option in the future but it's going to be a bit of time before we have something ready, so I'm glad to see you went ahead with the Mopar top. I hope you enjoy cruising around with the rear window out and doors off!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

mtpilatus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon
Hey Bbannongmu! Sorry I'm a little late to the party.
That Mopar top looks great on there! We also offer the Sunrider for Hardtop but I appreciate that you're looking for a full soft top option that folds down. We are really looking forward to providing you with an option in the future but it's going to be a bit of time before we have something ready, so I'm glad to see you went ahead with the Mopar top. I hope you enjoy cruising around with the rear window out and doors off!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Watching as I am looking for the same thing.

mojocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
IMO, the design could be simplified. Sunrider style up front. Add a backwards sunrider type design in the back. They both fold open toward the center to each other and lay across the sound bar.

This way you have full open top and keep it out of the bed. Bushwacker had a similar design for the JKU.

I assume we haven't seen anything from Bestop because FCA probably required a certain amount of years of no competitive products. FCA made a big point about their own aftermarket offerings.

RIPLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2015 Jeep Renegade
Bestop makes the factory top so there is no need for them to make another top. I talked with the Bestop reps at the Bantam Jeep fest last year about a different top and they said it was highly unlikely they would be producing a different top.

mojocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Bestop makes the factory top so there is no need for them to make another top. I talked with the Bestop reps at the Bantam Jeep fest last year about a different top and they said it was highly unlikely they would be producing a different top.

They made the wrangler factory tops and still produced several aftermarket tops so I doubt that is specifically the reason
Sponsored