Sponsored

StingGrayJT24

First Name
KH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon Gladiator
If you haven’t already, start researching the lemon law in your state and document everything. This is heading down the path for a vehicle buyback.

OP
OP
LiftedrubiconJT

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
If you haven’t already, start researching the lemon law in your state and document everything. This is heading down the path for a vehicle buyback.
I’m going to try and push it. In VA even after 1 attempt to fix and if issue isn’t fixed and it’s a danger to drive it qualifies for lemon. When the truck goes crazy you loose power steering and transmission goes and won’t shift

OP
OP
LiftedrubiconJT

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
Does anyone know why the dealership has to replicate the issue going on with my truck before they can fix it? Wouldn’t the check engine light on and all the codes it’s throwing be good enough?

Sponsored

DrewP

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Hard worker
Ive been having the same issue on my wife's 2020 sport S for about 4 months now. Had to have It towed back to the house yesterday. I checked all the connections and the ground on the battery was a little bit loose.. I tightened it down really tight and let's see if that helps. I did just order the Genesis dual battery kit as I believe that will solve this problem. I will update in the weeks ahead with my findings.

OP
OP
LiftedrubiconJT

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
Ive been having the same issue on my wife's 2020 sport S for about 4 months now. Had to have It towed back to the house yesterday. I checked all the connections and the ground on the battery was a little bit loose.. I tightened it down really tight and let's see if that helps. I did just order the Genesis dual battery kit as I believe that will solve this problem. I will update in the weeks ahead with my findings.
My Jeep was at 2 different dealerships for more then 5 weeks. They finally determined it was an issue in the harness near passenger front wheel

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
For no identifiable reason, my JT randomly honked it's horn.

911brad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Deputy Fire Chief
Seems like this is a common problem. My 2021 Sport S is on round two with this error. First time in May they just cleared codes and it’s been fine for 9000 more miles and five months. Tomorrow it did the dash slot machine, wipers on/off, no power steering, etc. I’m hoping it’s just the ESS battery, but I’m getting more and more pessimistic reading these threads. Wisconsin requires four trips before lemon law, but I may push to trade in on this lease way earlier.

DrewP

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Hard worker
My Jeep was at 2 different dealerships for more then 5 weeks. They finally determined it was an issue in the harness near passenger front wheel
I'm going to check out that area tomorrow and hope that I can find something. Dual battery setup didn't cure it, happened to us yesterday again.

Sponsored

DrewP

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Hard worker
Seems like this is a common problem. My 2021 Sport S is on round two with this error. First time in May they just cleared codes and it’s been fine for 9000 more miles and five months. Tomorrow it did the dash slot machine, wipers on/off, no power steering, etc. I’m hoping it’s just the ESS battery, but I’m getting more and more pessimistic reading these threads. Wisconsin requires four trips before lemon law, but I may push to trade in on this lease way earlier.
It's not the ESS battery. I spent $1000 on the Genesis dual battery setup hoping it was the cure. Sadly, it is not.

DrewP

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Hard worker
I had some self inflicted electrical issues recently and think of your jeep's electrical system like a computer network. You have all these sensors/modules that end up at three main hubs that jeep calls STAR connectors. I know two are behind your glovebox. All three STAR connectors have connections to each other. One STAR connector is for the high speed CAN bus (CAN-IHS) which controls more non-essential stuff such as the radio, HVAC, etc. That STAR connector has a connector to the CAN-BODY STAR connector which controls a bunch of other things. That STAR Connector then has connections to the CAN-C STAR connector that goes to things like the PCM.

If you really want to get down in the weeds you can download the wiring diagrams HERE and start looking at how things connect. I would start with the CAN-IHS-BUS-SYSTEM and CAN-C-BUS-SYSTEM ones. Those give a general idea of what modules connect to where. Then you could start taking information from all the codes and warning messages and see where those things connect. Look for the common point where everything meets and you should have a decent idea where to start looking.

For what it's worth, you can look at my thread HERE. While the issues are not the same, you can see that a single broken wire from the CAN-C STAR connector to the PCM caused all my issues. With the intermittency of your problems I would imagine where ever that common point for all those modules converge has some short in it.
Hey Mike, I'm digging into your post & issues now in hopes of finding a clue to my issue. It's my wifes 2020 Sport S with less than 5K miles on it. I put a stereo and alarm in it (at less than 1K miles) and am wondering if the installer (me for the stereo, shop for the alarm) might have pinched a wire in the dash (me with stereo replacement) or the passenger kick panel (alarm electronics).
She is afraid to drive this due to when this issue pops up, you lose everything. If you were on a highway, you would be in deep shit.
I may reach out to you with questions as I'm reviewing and trying to find a solution.

DrewP

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Hard worker
Update to my issue. Replaced the batteries with the Genesis dual battery system. Fun install, and I thought it solved the issue. . until Sunday night. It did it at a turn light heading to dinner with the family. THis time, the truck seemed dead for a few minutes. I was able to instantly turn on the hazard lights, then everything went dead. I tried the usual open/close door then restarting. . nothing! I then popped the hood and hit the genesis dual battery button to switch to the 2nd full battery. Initially nothing, but a few minutes later I was able to start and proceed. When we got to the restaraunt, I parked front row by a performing band with outside seating all around us. We seated inside and then my wife asked my sun to get her readers out of the jeep. I watched him through the window of the restaraunt and the remote wouldn't open the door. I went out to help him and had to use the key to unlock the door. That instantly make the alarm (jeep horn, not aftermarket alarm) sound for several minutes. Pissed off the band and audience for a few minutes until I was able to open/close door & hood to eventually get it to shut off and start up.

I was really hoping the Genesis dual battery solved it, but, I'm not back to the drawing board. I'm next going to check out the passenger kick area where the alarm installer wired stuff to, then check out behind the stereo where I replaced the head unit with the 8.4 and some harnesses. Hoping I find a loose connection or nick in a wire. .

This is my wifes truck and she is now scared to drive it. Hoping I can find something myself as I don't want to leave it with Jeep for God knows how long.

911brad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Deputy Fire Chief
I’m on day 26 since dropping off my Jeep. They’re supposed to be receiving and installing a new electronic shift module before the end of the week which they hope will fix everything. Kicking around demanding a swap. This whole thing has me worried about long term reliability.

OP
OP
LiftedrubiconJT

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
That’s exactly how mine acted. 5 weeks and 2 dealerships to get fixed. Was an issue in harness behind front passenger wheel. Apparently wiggled apart and there are apparently pins in there and one started to come out. Was told there are several grounds in connector
Sponsored