LiftedrubiconJT

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
they had it 5 business days . Had it towed in on a Thursday and picked it back up Wednesday. They initially thought the PCM was bad but after more probing found the bad wire.
Mines been a week and they still don’t know what’s going on. I’m tempted to pick it up and take it somewhere else
Sponsored

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Mines been a week and they still don’t know what’s going on. I’m tempted to pick it up and take it somewhere else
All depends on the trust you have with them. The dealer I took mine to isn’t where I bought it but I have had nothing but good experiences with their service department and they are an off road friendly dealer. They gave me regular updates on what they had found. Intermittent issues such as yours are just harder to diagnose in general than my static no start issue.

Oil_Burner

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, Explorer, Prius, C6, Diesel Pusher MH
Occupation
Engineer
I took my aux battery out. Does just fine with out it.
When you pulled the battery, what did you do with the power cables to that battery? Do you have your start/stop system disabled?

OP
OP
LiftedrubiconJT

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
I had some self inflicted electrical issues recently and think of your jeep's electrical system like a computer network. You have all these sensors/modules that end up at three main hubs that jeep calls STAR connectors. I know two are behind your glovebox. All three STAR connectors have connections to each other. One STAR connector is for the high speed CAN bus (CAN-IHS) which controls more non-essential stuff such as the radio, HVAC, etc. That STAR connector has a connector to the CAN-BODY STAR connector which controls a bunch of other things. That STAR Connector then has connections to the CAN-C STAR connector that goes to things like the PCM.

If you really want to get down in the weeds you can download the wiring diagrams HERE and start looking at how things connect. I would start with the CAN-IHS-BUS-SYSTEM and CAN-C-BUS-SYSTEM ones. Those give a general idea of what modules connect to where. Then you could start taking information from all the codes and warning messages and see where those things connect. Look for the common point where everything meets and you should have a decent idea where to start looking.

For what it's worth, you can look at my thread HERE. While the issues are not the same, you can see that a single broken wire from the CAN-C STAR connector to the PCM caused all my issues. With the intermittency of your problems I would imagine where ever that common point for all those modules converge has some short in it.
Dealer found two exposed wires in the area where the door harness connects on driver side

OP
OP
LiftedrubiconJT

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
Here are the photos they sent

74D59FD0-BD97-4DFE-A4AA-E16CA7B0290A.jpeg

1F31633E-7BEF-48FF-B664-7CC93CE6AFD4.jpeg

Sponsored

jfhull71

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, Gator Sport S
Occupation
Millwright
Well that didn’t last long . Issue came back today after waiting in line at Chick-fil-A. Pull out on highway and everything starts flashing and truck won’t turn off. Go to put scanner on truck and it finally turns off, I reset all codes and make it back home. It’s crazy how everything goes nuts. Wipers running with them turned off, fans under hood full blast. I have no idea what’s going on with this thing
Damn that's a shame, almost sounds possessed, try a priest maybe if no luck at the dealer

StingGrayJT24

First Name
KH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon Gladiator
Here are the photos they sent

Jeep Gladiator Anyone have electrical issues? My Jeep started acting crazy today 1F31633E-7BEF-48FF-B664-7CC93CE6AFD4

Jeep Gladiator Anyone have electrical issues? My Jeep started acting crazy today 1F31633E-7BEF-48FF-B664-7CC93CE6AFD4
Wow! Talk about looking for a needle in a haystack. At least they found it. Hopefully they’ll get you back on the road soon. Do they know what caused it?

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Wow! Looks like possible rubbing? But there really isn’t anything else there to do so. Must be a weird install issue at the factory?

OP
OP
LiftedrubiconJT

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
They tried to say a critter got inside and chewed on them. I drove down and looked at it and the manager was like I’m sorry I should have looked at this myself before I said that. Both agreed no critter did it. Looks like the wires are just frayed. I’m not sure how it got like that, manufacturing issues

jfhull71

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, Gator Sport S
Occupation
Millwright
They tried to say a critter got inside and chewed on them. I drove down and looked at it and the manager was like I’m sorry I should have looked at this myself before I said that. Both agreed no critter did it. Looks like the wires are just frayed. I’m not sure how it got like that, manufacturing issues
I hope that solves the problem, keep us posted. Seems plausible the way everything is interconnected, but that's a bad design if a couple door plug wires can affect the entire vehicle. Let's hope it's a solution

Sponsored

Kwillong

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I’m starting to think it might be my electric sway bar disconnect. In the video I posted that was that guys issue. I just went out and put my Jeep in 4wd and hit sway bar and it won’t disconnect, just keeps flashing sway bar.
Long time follower, first time posting.

Has there been any progress? I am asking because my 2020 Gladiator Sport S (4300 miles) started going crazy yesterday. The Uconnect stopped picking up my phone, the wipers won’t turn off, the check engine light is on, there is an error message to check the stability control, my 3rd eye brake light is not working, and the power steering in out.

My next stop is the dealership, but I wanted to see if there was anything else that I could arm them with to get the issue fixed.

I’ll hang up and listen.

OP
OP
LiftedrubiconJT

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
Long time follower, first time posting.

Has there been any progress? I am asking because my 2020 Gladiator Sport S (4300 miles) started going crazy yesterday. The Uconnect stopped picking up my phone, the wipers won’t turn off, the check engine light is on, there is an error message to check the stability control, my 3rd eye brake light is not working, and the power steering in out.

My next stop is the dealership, but I wanted to see if there was anything else that I could arm them with to get the issue fixed.

I’ll hang up and listen.
I’m still waiting to get it back but dealership said my aux battery was going bad and they found some wires that were exposed under the dash

Kwillong

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I’m still waiting to get it back but dealership said my aux battery was going bad and they found some wires that were exposed under the dash
I am headed to the dealer I will post the progress when available.

OP
OP
LiftedrubiconJT

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
I am headed to the dealer I will post the progress when available.
Hopefully it’s just your aux battery. Be prepared for the dealership to have your truck for awhile. Seems like any electrical issues they take their time.

Kwillong

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Hopefully it’s just your aux battery. Be prepared for the dealership to have your truck for awhile. Seems like any electrical issues they take their time.
They already replaced the Aux battery last Nov. Wewill see.
Sponsored