Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
Long time follower, first time posting.

Has there been any progress? I am asking because my 2020 Gladiator Sport S (4300 miles) started going crazy yesterday. The Uconnect stopped picking up my phone, the wipers won’t turn off, the check engine light is on, there is an error message to check the stability control, my 3rd eye brake light is not working, and the power steering in out.

My next stop is the dealership, but I wanted to see if there was anything else that I could arm them with to get the issue fixed.

I’ll hang up and listen.
This sounds like a problem with the auxiliary battery or the high-current (150A) fuse associated with it.

Kevin
Sponsored

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Retired USN and retired LEO
Makes you wonder how in the world other manufacturers (Ford) manages to run an ESS system with just one battery in the vehicle and it does just fine.

10ecHarry

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT sport s
Occupation
Plumber
When you pulled the battery, what did you do with the power cables to that battery? Do you have your start/stop system disabled?
Take positive that was on aux battery and hook it up to positive on main battery. I just left the negative cable that went to aux. I do have the device called auto stop eliminator installed under the dash.. Actually that auto stop eliminator should be named something else because it does not eliminate the auto start, it remembers if you push the button off and keeps it off.

4x4 rookie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
retired
Just read about your problem. My son told me about this service update . RAPID RESPONSE TRANSMITTALS JT POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE . I think he got this from his service rep or maybe a friend but either way might check with dealer. supposedly engine light comes on .

Kwillong

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Update...Dropped my rig off at the dealer. They noted the C2 plug on the steering column was missing pins. They are replacing the connector and feel that it will fix the issue. I will have the rig back tomorrow. I will provide an update in a few days to see if it is all good.

Sponsored

jfhull71

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, Gator Sport S
Occupation
Millwright
Take positive that was on aux battery and hook it up to positive on main battery. I just left the negative cable that went to aux. I do have the device called auto stop eliminator installed under the dash.. Actually that auto stop eliminator should be named something else because it does not eliminate the auto start, it remembers if you push the button off and keeps it off.
Where you get this, so tired of turning mine off all the time

OP
OP
LiftedrubiconJT

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
my jeep broke again. Dealerships around here must suck. Had it 2 weeks. Said they replaced aux battery and fuse panel. I was told there were exposed wires and they had to replace a harness. I just looked and all they did was tape all the wires with electrical tape

StingGrayJT24

First Name
KH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon Gladiator
my jeep broke again. Dealerships around here must suck. Had it 2 weeks. Said they replaced aux battery and fuse panel. I was told there were exposed wires and they had to replace a harness. I just looked and all they did was tape all the wires with electrical tape
Wtf. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully they will escalate this with CFA for help.

OP
OP
LiftedrubiconJT

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
I called jeep cares and opened a case. It’s weird how my symptoms come and go. If I take my security bypass cables and plug my icar pro in and scan with jscan to check codes there are a bunch. I don’t clear them but check engine light goes away

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
Makes you wonder how in the world other manufacturers (Ford) manages to run an ESS system with just one battery in the vehicle and it does just fine.
I'm fairly certain that the 4 cyl turbo Wranglers with ESS have only one battery. It can be done.

Sponsored

OP
OP
LiftedrubiconJT

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
Anyone ever been able to lemon law their vehicle?

OP
OP
LiftedrubiconJT

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
I haver had zero issues since ess/aux bypass
I’m not sure if my issue is the aux battery. Dealer had it 2 weeks. Said they replaced aux battery and fuse strip next to fuse box. Truck still goes crazy, I loose power steering and transmission. Everything that deals with can bus goes out. I’ve almost crashed. They said they found exposed wires and sent me photos. They were suppose to put new harness and I checked and all they did was cut wires and use electrical tape

OP
OP
LiftedrubiconJT

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
Photos they sent

5FE08EE6-0E0B-4046-9BE9-1A6EB2FD96BD.jpeg