Sponsored

Anyone have the Supertop 2 from Bestop installed on their rig?

MOJAVEC22

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave 1991 Toyota Hilux
Occupation
Electrician
Interested in this as well. One concern I have is it appears it does not fold flat forward like Softopper and Bestop...
1644448455784.png
Same that might be a deal breaker for me to go with Bestop. As I don’t like the velcro idea on the Softopper.
Sponsored

ShirtlessCubsFan

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GLI, 2020 Mercedes GLB, 2022 Mojave
Occupation
Systems Engineer
This what happens after ~30 minutes at 70mph. I’ll try tweaking it this weekend and see if we can sort that out. Actually, I’d prefer if the cross member was more permanently attached to the window section like on the wrangler softops.

7DCD3B12-D610-4F11-8AE2-01188E764E92.jpeg

1346D228-4379-4D9A-A2E8-0950ED2B7EA4.jpeg

871070A3-F11F-49ED-AF95-A7139CAB6CAE.jpeg

46BE6B18-2028-45B2-BD74-77EEF1072C38.jpeg
Have you had any luck troubleshooting it this weekend?

MOJAVEC22

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrician
My back window will come out like that if I have an opening somewhere up front that lets airflow into the topper. Id check your front end and make sure there arent any large openings.

I also dont actually mind that the back can open like that. It allows for some airflow when I have my pups back there.
Would you recommend the topper having owned it for some time? I’m about to order one this week but the previous post worried me

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Would you recommend the topper having owned it for some time? I’m about to order one this week but the previous post worried me
I haven’t owned any of the others so i cant speak to a comparison. But for how I use it I like the product and how it assembles/functions.

i can see how the previous post is concerning. Ill say that its not a perfect product and that if the worst that happens are some wrinkles with use than im not mad at that. There may be a difference between the two fabric types. I always get them confused but i have the less expensive fabric.

So yes I would recommend it.

ShirtlessCubsFan

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Systems Engineer
I haven’t owned any of the others so i cant speak to a comparison. But for how I use it I like the product and how it assembles/functions.

i can see how the previous post is concerning. Ill say that its not a perfect product and that if the worst that happens are some wrinkles with use than im not mad at that. There may be a difference between the two fabric types. I always get them confused but i have the less expensive fabric.

So yes I would recommend it.
I thought you had the twill? If not then you and khockey have the same material.

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I thought you had the twill? If not then you and khockey have the same material.

no idea haha I ordered it as soon as it was available. So what ever was first available is what I have.

khockey02

First Name
Kalem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S

no idea haha I ordered it as soon as it was available. So what ever was first available is what I have.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they call this material "Black Diamond" and its just a sailcloth. It's the lesser/ cheaper material, but it matches my standard softtop, so I'm happy.

I do want to be clear though, I do not regret this purchase. It just has some obvious room to improve. I went ahead and glued the rear window panel into its track and am already much happier with the whole operation. The wrinkles still bother me especially when I see a softopper drive by with its crisp, clean lines and tight fabric... 😪

ShirtlessCubsFan

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they call this material "Black Diamond" and its just a sailcloth. It's the lesser/ cheaper material, but it matches my standard softtop, so I'm happy.

I do want to be clear though, I do not regret this purchase. It just has some obvious room to improve. I went ahead and glued the rear window panel into its track and am already much happier with the whole operation. The wrinkles still bother me especially when I see a softopper drive by with its crisp, clean lines and tight fabric... 😪
Any chance of adjusting the framing/mounting to make it more taut?

MOJAVEC22

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrician
One final question, would a dirt bike tire hit the top when folded down?

Sponsored

ShirtlessCubsFan

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Got word from Northridge that Bestop is saying mine is expected to ship on 4/4.

bdkgladiator

First Name
brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave Gladiator
I ended up ordering an Outlander soft topper from Agri-cover earlier this morning and says it’s already shipping.

Jeep Gladiator Anyone have the Supertop 2 from Bestop installed on their rig? D3807086-99F7-4663-A692-6DED0E640E9F
I ended up ordering one of these as well. As some of y'all have mentioned there are drawbacks to all of these soft toppers based on the research I've come across. Velcro on the tailgate for soft topper was a deal breaker for me and the images of the bestop wrinkling and coming loose at highway speeds was a no go for me.

I intend to leave my topper up full time until I'm hauling something (motorcycle, junk etc..) which would force me to fold it. I do think bestop and soft topper do a better job at folding up, but I think the agri-cover did a better job with the angle of the front of the cover and side window styling. Now, with all that said, it looks like the two of us are the guinea pigs here on this topper so I'll be sure to report back with photos once it arrives!

TheRealGinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I ended up ordering one of these as well. As some of y'all have mentioned there are drawbacks to all of these soft toppers based on the research I've come across. Velcro on the tailgate for soft topper was a deal breaker for me and the images of the bestop wrinkling and coming loose at highway speeds was a no go for me.

I intend to leave my topper up full time until I'm hauling something (motorcycle, junk etc..) which would force me to fold it. I do think bestop and soft topper do a better job at folding up, but I think the agri-cover did a better job with the angle of the front of the cover and side window styling. Now, with all that said, it looks like the two of us are the guinea pigs here on this topper so I'll be sure to report back with photos once it arrives!
Looking forward to hearing your feedback as well! The way the agri-cover folds could be a benefit the more I think about it because it takes up zero space at the front of the bed. I have not handled any of these toppers but the Softopper and Bestop appear to take up some space at the front but could be flexible.

One of the issues I have with my rolltop tonneau cover is I have had to carry some large items with the tailgate open because of the 7 inches lost space when rolled at the cab. 🤷‍♂️

Cheers

MOJAVEC22

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrician

Yup I agree 100% . Mine arrived yesterday, ordered Thursday. Quick! To busy to put it on until Friday perhaps.
Sponsored