Sponsored

Anyone here with a 4 post lift that they fit UNDER?

devnull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Islander, 21 JT Rubicon, 19 Grand Sport
Occupation
scientific negotiator
About 15 years ago I bought this SuperLifts SJ7000 for my vette (no, not this vette for you historians). For the first time ever, I own a vehicle that does not fit UNDER it and with the other garage being used by her JLU, this is my parking configuration. I'd like to reverse it and put the vette on top since I drive it less so I'd be curious if any of you use a high and wide 4 post.

Side note: $3k for a lift over 15 years has saved me several times the cost of the lift. If you don't have one, get one! I have literally never had a vehicle serviced or repaired at any type of shop for anything, ever since buying this (with the exception of tires and alignment).

Jeep Gladiator Anyone here with a 4 post lift that they fit UNDER? Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 10.22.09 PM
Sponsored

ctimrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
I’ve got a Wildfire 4 post lift in my shop which has approximately 6’10” under it when it is locked into the very top position. I have the “XLT” model so it is higher and wider than their standard version. I highly recommend Wildfire, super happy with the quality and with how sturdy it is. Our stock JT Rubicon will fit under it.

cdyoung9799

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Well crap. Another post full of garages I wish I could live in. I'm jealous. I can talk the "finance committee" into a lot of things, but this one would take some serious marketing skills to sell it. I can just hear her response now: "Your truck has a lift, and you have a creeper to slide under it. Now go play with your toys and leave me alone." :LOL:

OP
OP
devnull

devnull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
scientific negotiator
Well crap. Another post full of garages I wish I could live in. I'm jealous. I can talk the "finance committee" into a lot of things, but this one would take some serious marketing skills to sell it. I can just hear her response now: "Your truck has a lift, and you have a creeper to slide under it. Now go play with your toys and leave me alone." :LOL:
Easiest sell ever. Simply say the following:

"How would you like to never wait for an oil change again?"

My wife told me that I didn't buy it she was going to after that! She even bought the oil extractor.

Sponsored

OP
OP
devnull

devnull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
scientific negotiator
I’ve got a Wildfire 4 post lift in my shop which has approximately 6’10” under it when it is locked into the very top position. I have the “XLT” model so it is higher and wider than their standard version. I highly recommend Wildfire, super happy with the quality and with how sturdy it is. Our stock JT Rubicon will fit under it.
I have an Advantage 9000XLT that also has 6'10" clearance. Also been very happy with it.

https://www.advantagelifts.com/products/advantage-dx-9000xlt
Appreciated folks! I will likely do one of these and relegate the Superlifts to the small garage. I figure the Mopar 2.5" and 37's are on the horizon as well so these should account for that!

Excellent

WhippetTaxi

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 410, 2011 BMW 1M, 2001 F250
Occupation
Retired
Easiest sell ever. Simply say the following:

"How would you like to never wait for an oil change again?"

My wife told me that I didn't buy it she was going to after that! She even bought the oil extractor.
I have two cars on (and under) my lift and can just barely clear the ceiling lights. I don't see any way to substitute the Gladiator on the top or bottom, so I park it in the other bay. I will agree with you that a lift is one of the best garage investments I've made.
Jeep Gladiator Anyone here with a 4 post lift that they fit UNDER? IMG_5654.JPG

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
The lift is on the list, right after I rebuild the garage!
Super easy sell to the CFO...
"You'll be able to park your car in the garage this winter."

Kevin

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Cool garages, I don’t really think those type of lifts are as useful as a two post as you cannot rotate tires or do brakes, two pretty common things I do.

Sponsored

WhippetTaxi

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 410, 2011 BMW 1M, 2001 F250
Occupation
Retired
Four post lifts offer an accessory set of hydraulic adjustable arms that fit between the frame rails of the runners and can lift either or both ends of your vehicle. If you did nothing other than brake or wheel work, yes, a two post lift would be easier. With this accessory, you have the advantages of both types of lifts.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Four post lifts offer an accessory set of hydraulic adjustable arms that fit between the frame rails of the runners and can lift either or both ends of your vehicle. If you did nothing other than brake or wheel work, yes, a two post lift would be easier. With this accessory, you have the advantages of both types of lifts.
Cool, be curious to see how those work, I have done a lot of work on cars over the years, I prefer a two post lift myself. Four post are great if you use it for storage also, but if you don't they take up a lot more space than a two post.

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
Cool garages, I don’t really think those type of lifts are as useful as a two post as you cannot rotate tires or do brakes, two pretty common things I do.
I have no issue rotating my tires or bleeding my clutch and brakes using my 4 post lift. Hydraulic rolling jacks make it a breeze.

Plus it gives me two parking spaces in the footprint of one.

Jeep Gladiator Anyone here with a 4 post lift that they fit UNDER? IMG_2787

OP
OP
devnull

devnull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
scientific negotiator
I have two cars on (and under) my lift and can just barely clear the ceiling lights. I don't see any way to substitute the Gladiator on the top or bottom, so I park it in the other bay. I will agree with you that a lift is one of the best garage investments I've made.
Jeep Gladiator Anyone here with a 4 post lift that they fit UNDER? IMG_2787
this is where the wife sold me. She found a house with a 14’ garage ceiling. No can defend, I bought it right away! Haha

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
This thread makes me feel poor. :(
Sponsored