Sponsored

Anyone install Quadratec pre-runner lighting?

OP
OP
Gobi G

Gobi G

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave Gladiator
Occupation
PM
Mojave Install issue:
I installed this on a Mojave yesterday. No cutting needed. This is a high quality item. 'Pressing the inserts in take some work, but that holds it in place firmly. You drop the lights one row below the trail cam for a Gladiator. The center light is obscured by my Winch control module from head on. The only problem, which currently is a total show stopper is, the instructions say to look under the driver side wheel well to to find the driver side marker light connector to splice the connectors into that. Well, there ain't one! There is only one connecter visible. I disconnected it, and turned on the lights, and the driver side, marker lights were still on. Also, the connectors are different. I tried to figure out where the wiring was, and my best guess was I would have to remove the plastic wheel well componenets to find it. I didn't have time for that I was was installing a winch plate and winch at the same time. SInce that task requires removal and reinstalling the bumper, I finished the physical install of the Pre Reunner lights, and tied off the T-Connector until I can discover where the marker light connector is on a Mojave. Apprently, it is different or hidden from obvious view compared to the normal Gladiator. The kit comes with two sets of instructions. The instructions in the box is for JL's. The instructions for the JT's are in the little bag with the smaller parts. Those instructions are printed much smaller, but they are large enough. I suspect when they made the Gadiator instructions, they never tested this on a Mojave.
Great info, any pics?
Sponsored

JeepJunky

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave (Gator)
I could post a pic, but not sure what of. Their is no connector where the instructions show one. When I remove the wheel well interior covering, to look for the connector, I'll try to remember to take some pictures and update this thread showing the actual connector, if indeed that is where it is.

OP
OP
Gobi G

Gobi G

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave Gladiator
Occupation
PM
I could post a pic, but not sure what of. Their is no connector where the instructions show one. When I remove the wheel well interior covering, to look for the connector, I'll try to remember to take some pictures and update this thread showing the actual connector, if indeed that is where it is.
Great, I’d like to see the lights too with the center lowered if you could?

JeepJunky

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave (Gator)
Front picture as well if you get them on
Ok, I've got the lights on, just not elecrically connected, so I guess I have pictures to take! :) I have a winch installed which obscures the middle light from dead ahead as well as part of the front camera view. I intend to relocate that 'hump' on future project to restore proper view.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gobi G

Gobi G

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave Gladiator
Occupation
PM
Ok, I've got the lights on, just not elecrically connected, so I guess I have pictures to take! :) I have a winch installed which obscures the middle light from dead ahead as well as part of the front camera view. I intend to relocate that 'hump' on future project to restore proper view.

OP
OP
Gobi G

Gobi G

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave Gladiator
Occupation
PM
Looking forward to seeing what it looks like as well as where the hook up is

GreyGhost

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2020
Occupation
Retired
pictures will tell a lot......

Looking forward to seeing what it looks like as well as where the hook up is

JeepJunky

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave (Gator)
Here are pictures of them installed with the front camera and winch. I won't be doing the electrical Saturday as I will be out in the dirt and mud all day.

Shot from Front:
Jeep Gladiator Anyone install Quadratec pre-runner lighting? 20210107_114603

From the right side
Jeep Gladiator Anyone install Quadratec pre-runner lighting? 20210107_114603

From above and right.
Jeep Gladiator Anyone install Quadratec pre-runner lighting? 20210107_114553

The controller hump on the Winch can be relocated, so I'll have to make that a future project soon.

Sponsored

Archbored3

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Teacher
Any luck finding that harness to wire it up on the Mojave?

JeepJunky

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave (Gator)
I haven't looked. I spent Saturday in the dirt and mud, Sunday cleaning up. Maybe I can get to it this wekend. Depends on what comes up. I'm pretty certain I'll find it under the driver side wheel well once I remove the protective 'stuff' up there. Since the side markers are getting power from somewhere, and I didn't see the cabling from inside the engine compartment, I am assuming it is there. 'Assuming.' :)

DMXRacing

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Claims Adjuster

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Are they plug and play or is there splicing involved with the install. One if the reasons passed a few months ago was because the wires had to be spliced. Did they change that.

DMXRacing

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Claims Adjuster
Are they plug and play or is there splicing involved with the install. One if the reasons passed a few months ago was because the wires had to be spliced. Did they change that.
The Quadratec kit is plug & play if you are installing into the Grill...
I made my own & spliced into the white wire w/brown stripe after the Harness connector (it’s the positive lead that feeds the LH/Marker lamp)
Sponsored