First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Had some interstate time this past weekend... it cruised at around 80mph at 1900-2200 rpm give or take depending on the grade of the highway.. I had plenty of room left in the throttle and it still felt like it had the torque. Very pleased with the top end torque actually. It’s no corvette obviously but very well pleased. I know I was passing cars and other jeeps and they had to of been like... :crying::like:

Like a have said before these trucks are super capable.
I agree that the truck does an excellent job on 4.10 and 37s. We all know what 37s did to a JK and many people continue under the assumption that the JTs are the same but they aren’t. You cannot eliminate the laws of physics but Jeep has done an excellent job of tuning the powertrain to make them barely noticeable while driving.
Sponsored

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
I agree that the truck does an excellent job on 4.10 and 37s. We all know what 37s did to a JK and many people continue under the assumption that the JTs are the same but they aren’t. You cannot eliminate the laws of physics but Jeep has done an excellent job of tuning the powertrain to make them barely noticeable while driving.
Back around 2004 I had a 4 banger wrangler w 35s, pulled my 16’ bass boat for about 4 years a couple times a week.

While it wasn’t the best setup up it worked. While the JTs aren’t 2500s, they are Def capable for weekend warriors pulling decent sized boats. I have a 23’ tritoon I pull only two times a year. I can say I was impressed considering I’ve pulled the same set up w my limited 4 runner and crew max tundra. I would say my JT towing experience was somewhere between the 4runner and tundra.

OP
OP
DylanR

DylanR

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Do you mind posting some photos with the new 37s? Better with the boat following it again...;)
here you go...

I added rubicon fox shox so they are a little more sensitive than the max tow shocks... (hence the slight drop) I kept my max tow springs. Me looking at this pic is the only real time I notice that slight drop in the rear... but a boat like this will make any truck drop just a bit in the rear.

Jeep Gladiator Anyone Running 37’s on a Max Tow??? C90D2A9E-E761-4FA0-93F5-9431B6548DF0
Jeep Gladiator Anyone Running 37’s on a Max Tow??? 66B04D6B-ECB7-41FE-9EA8-050B6BC04DBB

Daddycorder's Gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
here you go...

I added rubicon fox shox so they are a little more sensitive than the max tow shocks... (hence the slight drop) I kept my max tow springs. Me looking at this pic is the only real time I notice that slight drop in the rear... but a boat like this will make any truck drop just a bit in the rear.

C90D2A9E-E761-4FA0-93F5-9431B6548DF0.jpeg
66B04D6B-ECB7-41FE-9EA8-050B6BC04DBB.jpeg
wow...I saw you're setup on that rig, how's the Ironman tires doing? What can you say about it? Are you DDing your Gladiator? Sorry for too much question here but my 3 day old baby is in need of a shoe...;)

Which one you prefer, 35s or 37s?

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
DylanR

DylanR

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Love the Ironman tires... imo they are awesome.. I have had a lot of different tires and these are great. Plus Ironman looks cool on the gladiator.

yes, I drive mine daily. I prefer the 37’s but I have 4.10 gears. I wouldn’t put 37’s on a 3.73 gear imo.
@Daddycorder's Gladiator

TheHime

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
here you go...

Jeep Gladiator Anyone Running 37’s on a Max Tow??? 66B04D6B-ECB7-41FE-9EA8-050B6BC04DBB
Nice ring! What wheel setup do you have? Mostly rim size and brand?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
wow...I saw you're setup on that rig, how's the Ironman tires doing? What can you say about it? Are you DDing your Gladiator? Sorry for too much question here but my 3 day old baby is in need of a shoe...;)

Which one you prefer, 35s or 37s?
If you're even thinking about running 37's at all in the future...Go ahead and save the money, and just get the 37's out of the gate...

I love my JTR on 37's...

Jeep Gladiator Anyone Running 37’s on a Max Tow??? IMG_1197

Daddycorder's Gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Love the Ironman tires... imo they are awesome.. I have had a lot of different tires and these are great. Plus Ironman looks cool on the gladiator.

yes, I drive mine daily. I prefer the 37’s but I have 4.10 gears. I wouldn’t put 37’s on a 3.73 gear imo.
@Daddycorder's Gladiator
Yeah I got the Sport S with Max tow 4.10. Now I'm definitely going with 37s now, either Ironman or Milestar. Any thoughts on that?

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I got the Sport S with Max tow 4.10. Now I'm definitely going with 37s now, either Ironman or Milestar. Any thoughts on that?
Try the Kumho Road Venture MT KL71's like I have on mine. Good priced, and VERY good tires. @Discount Tire sells them. That's where I got mine. Good folks to deal with, and they're also a forum sponsor. :like:

Last edited:

TheHime

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
Try the Kumho Road Venture MT KL71's like I have no mine. Good priced, and VERY good tires. @Discount Tire sells them. That's where I got mine. Good folks to deal with, and they're also a forum sponsor. :like:
I have a discount tire right next to my home. Thank you for the heads up. Do you know if they will order a wheel they don’t have on their website? For example, I have been eyeing some Raceline defender wheels. They supply rims from Raceline, but they don’t have the defender on their website.

Nannook of the north

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport
I have a discount tire right next to my home. Thank you for the heads up. Do you know if they will order a wheel they don’t have on their website? For example, I have been eyeing some Raceline defender wheels. They supply rims from Raceline, but they don’t have the defender on their website.
I've emailed them a question like this before and got an answer along the lines of "We'll forward this to our product team!"

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I believe they can order wheels not on their website. What I ended up doing for mine was ordering my wheels from someone else, because of the quarantine shit, nobody had any in stock, except 1 place, and they couldn't touch the price that Discount Tire offered me on the tires. So, I ordered each separate, and had my local tire shop mount & balance.