Sponsored

Anyone using Oracle Sidetrack fender lighting system?

bquiz

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
hello everyone! first post here, thanks in advance for any help. this forum has been awesome and so helpful.

so im looking for anyone using the sidetrack fender lights from oracle. my front windows are tinted which makes it very hard to see the standard “blind spots” while backing up at night. i am interested in using the white lights as extra backup lights to aid my views out of the side mirrors. my plan would be to wire it into my aux switch bank. but im worried they might only focus on the ground under the door. any idea if they spread enough to light up your standard “blind spots”? wouldnt have to be super bright, just enough to pick anything up in my mirrors. any input would be greatly appreciated. even better would be to get a photo from inside a jeep looking at the mirrors with the lights on! thanks so much for any help.
Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Just add some auxiliary backup lights. Select the light pattern and brightness and aim them as you need. You can put them on a switch and use them when you need them.

OP
OP
bquiz

bquiz

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just add some auxiliary backup lights. Select the light pattern and brightness and aim them as you need. You can put them on a switch and use them when you need them.
i have aux lights in the back. but they only light up what they can hit from the back bumper and on. im talking about the blind spots to the left and right off me in on my side of the bumper. like other parked cars.

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I have them, and love them. I wired mine to the bed lights since I have a bare bones sport and no such switches. I just press the bed light button to turn them on when backing up. They do focus most of the light under the door, but they are very bright, and do light up the entire surrounding area. I'll try to get a better picture tomorrow morning (or night) for you...

KIMG3092.JPG

OP
OP
bquiz

bquiz

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have them, and love them. I wired mine to the bed lights since I have a bare bones sport and no such switches. I just press the bed light button to turn them on when backing up. They do focus most of the light under the door, but they are very bright, and do light up the entire surrounding area. I'll try to get a better picture tomorrow morning (or night) for you...

Jeep Gladiator Anyone using Oracle Sidetrack fender lighting system? KIMG3092.JPG
benbeen! this is great! exactly what i was hoping for! great call on the bed light switch. i think i would wire them to my aux backup lights to reduce how many buttons i have to press. haha. would love more pics if you have the time but if not, this has been lots of help. much appreciated. cant wait to help one of you guys out with something some day. haha. cheers.

Sponsored

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
Here is another customer photo for reference:
Jeep Gladiator Anyone using Oracle Sidetrack fender lighting system? sidetrack_chaddaniels_1024x1024

Reactions: mog

dreston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Wow! Those Oracle sidetracks look cool aside from being functional.

WaterDR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Here is another customer photo for reference:
Jeep Gladiator Anyone using Oracle Sidetrack fender lighting system? sidetrack_chaddaniels_1024x1024
Hey man. I am looking to order. IDEALLY, I would like the amber lights to be on at night but flash when using the turn signal. AND the white lights to come on when the unlock button is pressed AND when I want the bed lights on.

I think if I wire to the bed lights rather then dome lights, this would happen, right?

when do your amber lights turn on?

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Hey man. I am looking to order. IDEALLY, I would like the amber lights to be on at night but flash when using the turn signal. AND the white lights to come on when the unlock button is pressed AND when I want the bed lights on.

I think if I wire to the bed lights rather then dome lights, this would happen, right?

when do your amber lights turn on?
If you have a stereo shop or alarm shop do the installation you can achieve the "Amber always on then flash with turn signal" it would require it wired through a pair of relays with the normally closed (NC) contact feeding the amber LED + cable from an ignition source with the circuit opening with the + from the turn signal. It's not a question if the product can do it, you just need someone with wiring experience to set it up that way for you.

WaterDR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland
Vehicle Showcase
If you have a stereo shop or alarm shop do the installation you can achieve the "Amber always on then flash with turn signal" it would require it wired through a pair of relays with the normally closed (NC) contact feeding the amber LED + cable from an ignition source with the circuit opening with the + from the turn signal. It's not a question if the product can do it, you just need someone with wiring experience to set it up that way for you.
that makes sense. Thanks.

you guys see my note about a discount code?

Sponsored

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
that makes sense. Thanks.

you guys see my note about a discount code?
Not seeing another note from you. We have the discount codes forum10 for 10% off all orders online and forum15 for 15% off orders online $1000+. :)

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
Anyone found an easy way to fish the courtesy light wire on the driver side for these on a diesel? Engine and other stuff is pretty packed in there, not the same open area to access the plug in the firewall as on a gasser—based on my JL experience. I just need to get one wire to the courtesy light in and then I’ll jump the other side off that wire under the hood.

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Homebrewer
Anyone found an easy way to fish the courtesy light wire on the driver side for these on a diesel? Engine and other stuff is pretty packed in there, not the same open area to access the plug in the firewall as on a gasser—based on my JL experience. I just need to get one wire to the courtesy light in and then I’ll jump the other side off that wire under the hood.
Nevermind. I found a video with a different route. Much easier. I ran the courtesy light wire through the the cowl on each side of the truck, then behind a piece of weatherstripping in the door frame, and then I removed the dash side trim and routed the wire behind that and through to the footwell. This was much easier than pushing through the firewall. Especially on the diesel.

Last edited:

av8or

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland ecodiesel (wifes)
Occupation
sentient livestock transport
Nevermind. I found a video with a different route. Much easier. I ran the courtesy light wire through the the cowl on each side of the truck, then behind a piece of weatherstripping in the door frame, and then I removed the dash side trim and routed the wire behind that and through to the footwell. This was much easier than pushing through the firewall. Especially on the diesel.
that works same for pax side? is it obvious how to get wire up from behind finder vent to the upper cowl panel area?

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Homebrewer
that works same for pax side? is it obvious how to get wire up from behind finder vent to the upper cowl panel area?
Yes, exactly the same. Wrap your wire in something to mitigate abrasion and come up where your ground wire routed and then zip tie and route through the cowl method.
Sponsored