Sponsored

ARB Coupling Location

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
I have an ARB twin compressor under the hood using 813's mounting bracket (see here).

I don't have the pictured plate that allows you to mount the coupling facing forward and really wasn't to keen on that location anyway. Something I've noticed when airing up from under the hood is I get concerned the air hose is going to fall near the front of the engine and get caught or destroyed in the moving parts there. I love the compressor's location, but I don't like the hose being draped in the engine bay.

What spots have people found good success with mounting the coupling connection that is both protected but accessible? Are there any good spots up front or am I really looking at running an air line to the bed and putting the coupling there?
Sponsored

Wilsonb80

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland Gator.
Occupation
Cable Dog / Network weeny
OP
OP
sharpsicle

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
Thats pretty slick! I wonder if I could find a way to use the existing cowl piece and just make it quick to remove/swing away. I'm a bit partial to solutions that keep it looking like nothing's there.

Wilsonb80

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland Gator.
Occupation
Cable Dog / Network weeny
I am working on one also, thinking of getting a gas door and using the hinge and lock some how, or going with
Jeep Gladiator ARB Coupling Location 1639411424569
and hinge, i picked up a new cowl

6BM51TZZAD​
Cowl Side Trim Panel, Left​
$56.40​

from Bennie at All Mopar Parts and plan to cut play with that one.

RalphTuttle

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
I mounted my ARB compressor to the fire wall on the drivers side of the engine bay. I snaked the tubing up to the front bumper and used an ARB 171314 Remote Hose Coupling kit that I attached to the bumper mount. It was really simple to do. Note that I used simple teflon tubing to connect the compressor to the quick disconnect - which I'm not thrilled with. I have since ordered stainless steel braided PTFE hose that I will use to replace the teflon tubing (sometime this week). I also made a little plug that I put into the quick disconnect to keep dirt and sand out of it.

Jeep Gladiator ARB Coupling Location IMG_0238[1].JPG

Jeep Gladiator ARB Coupling Location IMG_0239[1].JPG

IMG_0238[1].JPG

IMG_0239[1].JPG
Sponsored

Last edited: