Sponsored

Are the days of Gladiators holding their values gone?

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I just had a legit $43K offer on my 2020 Gator Rubicon (28,000 miles) as a trade-in. I almost bit the bullet and traded in for a 2023 two-door JL Ruibcon since I just moved into a very urban area. I couldn't bring myself to do it.
Yeah keep the Gator, people will be looking for that color when you do decide to sell it.
Sponsored

VolInGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Gladiator Overland
When I traded my Ranger Tremor to get back into a Jeep Gladiator, Jeep had a $4000 rebate. I believe it is still in effect. With the interest rates high and a lot of new vehicles not selling, including a lot of new Gladiators on dealer lots, there are a lot of discounts off MSRP. I made money off the 21 Gladiator Rubicon I had and now I see a dealer selling Gladiators $10,000 off of MSRP. Not sure if all the discounts are available to everyone, but it still doesn't help some of those wanting to get a decent trade in price. Took a picture off my computer screen a few minutes ago. Not the best pic, but you can see the low prices of these base Sports.
Wow!
IMG_3259.jpg
The market is correcting from the stupid conditions the past couple of years and dealers/manufacturers have to do something to counter interest rates. That said, I would fully expect Gladiator values to take a hit with the new Ranger and new Colorado/Canyon coming out. They will likely be much better value propositions than Gladiators lacking so many features/technologies people expect today.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
The market is correcting from the stupid conditions the past couple of years and dealers/manufacturers have to do something to counter interest rates. That said, I would fully expect Gladiator values to take a hit with the new Ranger and new Colorado/Canyon coming out. They will likely be much better value propositions than Gladiators lacking so many features/technologies people expect today.
Unless the doors and top come off the Colorado and Ranger I don't see JT'S needed to come down in value. People shopping for a Gladiator are looking for something like a jeep with a bed on it to haul stuff. Heck the Broncos out and Wranglers haven't came down in price.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Feeling kind of lucky. Just traded my 2020 JLU altitude a few weeks ago for a 2021 JT Rubicon. Still not sure what the dealer was thinking. Basically gave me what I paid for the car in 2019 and was selling the JT at like 5k under KBB.

So $40k for my trade which has 55k miles for the JT + $8k that has 7k miles and 1 year left of warranty. And I got a $1k back canceling my extended warranty.
KBB is almost a joke. Dealers don't use it anyway.

MattMc123

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
I agree on the KBB comment. But the JT was also 5-6k less what similarly equipped ones are selling for in the area.

Iā€™m still pretty happy with my trade up.

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Well the dealerships where not helping. When we went looking of a possible new car for my wife they were all trying to tack on $10,000 surcharges on top of all the other crazy pricing. Just told them all will wait for you all to check yourselves

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
It's all relative ... lower used values usually equates to lower new purchase prices. You know what they say about buying high and selling low .... any vehicles purchased within the last two years were purchased high ..... ALL vehicles are for for utility and fun ... not investment.

VolInGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Gladiator Overland
Unless the doors and top come off the Colorado and Ranger I don't see JT'S needed to come down in value. People shopping for a Gladiator are looking for something like a jeep with a bed on it to haul stuff. Heck the Broncos out and Wranglers haven't came down in price.
Broncos helped push Wrangler selling prices up because you couldnā€™t get a Bronco. That lack of availability probably drove people planning on buying a Bronco to the Jeep as well. Agree with the doors /top comment, but there are a lot of Gladiators and Wranglers that rarely see the tops removed. The new trucks coming out are equally as capable as a Jeep and will have more power, features and quite possibly lower prices. There is a reason Jeep is finally adding more luxury and safety features to the Wrangler. A 400+ hp Ranger Raptor for about the same money as a Gladiator Rubicon will be very compelling to midsize truck buyers.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Broncos helped push Wrangler selling prices up because you couldnā€™t get a Bronco. That lack of availability probably drove people planning on buying a Bronco to the Jeep as well. Agree with the doors /top comment, but there are a lot of Gladiators and Wranglers that rarely see the tops removed. The new trucks coming out are equally as capable as a Jeep and will have more power, features and quite possibly lower prices. There is a reason Jeep is finally adding more luxury and safety features to the Wrangler. A 400+ hp Ranger Raptor for about the same money as a Gladiator Rubicon will be very compelling to midsize truck buyers.
True they will have more HP, being more capable off road we will see.Say what you want about the door and top removal but more times than not a person looking to buy a Jeep Wrangler or Gladiator are doing it for the top removal or at the very least the ability to fold back a soft top and have the top open. I've been buying jeeps for years and not once did I decide not to buy one over a feature it didn't have. Mines a Base Sport with Manual windows and locks. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Also I don't think the Wrangler prices went up actually, they pretty much stayed the same for the most part. They have always been expensive vehicles to buy. In all reality that's why the Broncos price points are so high

Reactions: BAT
OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado 1500 Custom/Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Occupation
Retired for now!
KBB is almost a joke. Dealers don't use it anyway.
The dealer where I bought my JT sure did on the Tremor plus the large discount off JT.....

Sponsored

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
Say what you want about the door and top removal but more times than not a person looking to buy a Jeep Wrangler or Gladiator are doing it for the top removal or at the very least the ability to fold back a soft top and have the top open.
Maybe in your area of the country. 95% of the time I see a JL or a JT the top is on. In the northern climates it seems that people are not concerned about taking off or folding back tops.

Jeep better be very aware what the competition is offering up these days. It will affect Gladiator demand and resale prices. Less so with the Wrangler.

MJRSC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Mojave
Occupation
Lawyer
Interest rates are 7%. All car prices are affected. Rates will go back down, prices will creep back some.

TheDerb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon
True they will have more HP, being more capable off road we will see.Say what you want about the door and top removal but more times than not a person looking to buy a Jeep Wrangler or Gladiator are doing it for the top removal or at the very least the ability to fold back a soft top and have the top open.
I find this to be true in Middle Tennessee. So far, each warm Saturday this year the tops are all back and the doors are off on a majority of the Gladiotors I see.

TheDerb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon
When I traded my Ranger Tremor to get back into a Jeep Gladiator, Jeep had a $4000 rebate. I believe it is still in effect. With the interest rates high and a lot of new vehicles not selling, including a lot of new Gladiators on dealer lots, there are a lot of discounts off MSRP. I made money off the 21 Gladiator Rubicon I had and now I see a dealer selling Gladiators $10,000 off of MSRP. Not sure if all the discounts are available to everyone, but it still doesn't help some of those wanting to get a decent trade in price.
A month ago I would have agreed with you, but 2 weeks ago I traded in my '22 base sport manual here in Middle Tennessee for more than the $36,313.00 I paid for it, which included a $3450 "lifetime warranty" from a third party. I got $37,000 for the trade in, and I get the $3450 refunded. I got a Gladiator rubicon that was marked down to $50,999.

I'm not sure when the trade ins are going to get more realistic, but I have no idea how that dealership didn't lose money on that deal. Either way, I walked away happy.

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado 1500 Custom/Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Occupation
Retired for now!
Broncos helped push Wrangler selling prices up because you couldnā€™t get a Bronco. That lack of availability probably drove people planning on buying a Bronco to the Jeep as well.
Interesting however are you sure?
I would guess that if anything, the full sized new Broncos coming available in 2021 should of made the Jeeps more competitive. However, I could be wrong. Please tell me more.....
Sponsored