First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AMT
That’s false and I’m not a fan of EVs. Your statement falls into the same class of argument the other side makes. “It’s not right for you because it isn’t right for me.” Examples…

Charge a Tesla off peak hours and you’ll save a shit ton of $$$money$$$ compared to gas.

If you have a 50 mile commute, even during the winter (30% reduction) you have 200 miles of juice left when you close the garage door.

Causes fires? I live in a house that was a total rebuild because of a fire caused by a diesel block heater….

There’s good and bad on both sides and I comes down to a cost benefit analysis, plain and simple. Know your issues before making blanket statements my friend…
EV's are not for everyone, the simple truth.

Block heater fires, cold months.
EV fires, all year long especially when the CIA gets a hold of them. We are still talking about tax credits?
Sponsored

Chocolyle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR Sarge Green MT
Occupation
Technical Sales / Security
EV Owners= Pro Child Slave Labor. Makes them feel good.

WTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Occupation
Business owner
The EV Tax Credit is Real (We got a plugin hybrid minivan last year). If you've been thinking about making the switch to and EV and cashing in on that tax credit, here is how it works.

There are three broad qualifications for the EV Tax Credit:
1. You must make less than $150,000 per year if you file taxes individually or less than $300,000 married and filing jointly.
2. Your EV car must cost less than $55,000.
3. Your EV truck, van, or SUV must cost less than $80,000.

However, because of some additional requirements written into the law, not all EVs within the price requirements qualify. Luckily, you can find the details on the IRS’s EV Tax Credit webpage (Manufacturers and Models of Qualified Used Clean Vehicles | Internal Revenue Service).

What's new this year is a tax credit for used EV purchases. This credit can equal up to 30% of the vehicle purchase price with a max of $4,000.

For the used credit the income requirements are a little different:
  • $150,000 if married and filing jointly.
  • $112,500 for heads of households.
  • $75,000 for all others.

Here is a list of all qualifying used EVs
(Manufacturers and Models of Qualified Used Clean Vehicles | Internal Revenue Service).
And remember, if you're buying a new car, Carmigo is the best way to sell your old one.
Troll.

Sponsored

Jteakus

First Name
Teakus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD, 2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
If you're not joking, as a long time diesel guy, I hope you get caught and heavily fined or serve some jail time.
Well, it is a joke sir.

FrankFrqnkFrank

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
That bit about "emissions" and "bad for the environment" has been disproven, actually. There's a number of scientific articles that actually come from decent sources and debunk the "I hate EV" web sites.

But this thread isn't about your hate of EVs or hybrids. It's about learning some facts about credits and so on.

Besides, electric will kick your butt in the 0-60 acceleration bit.

This thread was informational, not to convince anyone. There's other I hate EV threads.
while I like cars including EV’s and I don’t care to tell others how to live their lives, it’s axiomatic that a car that goes 0-60 in 3 seconds cannot be “good for the environment” according to EV advocates’ definition of “good for the environment”.

Last edited:
OP
OP
carmigo

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
We help sellers get multiple offer for their car in as little as one business day.
OP
OP
carmigo

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
We help sellers get multiple offer for their car in as little as one business day.
I’m 30 today. I’m sure by the time I’m 60 I’ll own at least one. This whole hating ev thing is trying to stop the future, there’s no stopping advancement and human innovation. At one point people hated EFI and they figured it out. I’m sure with time and money they’ll figure out evs too. It’s just life.
You make a good point about it taking time and money. Nothing starts out perfect. EVs seem to be the next advancement in automobiles, but it's not accessible to everyone yet and there are many things that need to be ironed out. Hopefully by the time you're 60 they'll have more solutions.

OP
OP
carmigo

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation

Sponsored

Cape taco12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I wish the credit applied to a Moke…I would love a vehicle I could drive around locally, park anywhere, not care that it had 2” of sand in the seats. Let any of my family borrow it and it’s so ugly I wouldn’t be able to tell if it got hit while parked at the cove.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Find my wife a "purple" (reign) Wrangler Unlimited, with her list of requirements and then help sell her 2021 Grand Cherokee Limited with 10,000 miles (actually 9600 miles but by then it could be closer to 10,000 miles.
She's thinking 4xe now since every one I find that even comes close is a 4xe. No one has any 3.6 any more.
The Wrangler 4xe should qualify for $7500 tax credit.
Her GC should be worth $35,000+ in trade, closer to $40,000 sold outright/private.

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
I wouldnt consider an EV until more range and more charging infrastructure. Also improvements on cold weather battery life

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
I would buy an electric vehicle that I didn't have to plug in, but until then, nope, can't do it.
I mean- Tesla proved power from the ground is a thing…… why not incorporate into the modern Tesla! 😉 I’d be down.

Status
Not open for further replies.