Sponsored

Aux Switches temporarily unavailable batteries charging

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon, 2008 Jeep JKU, 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk Hemi
Good evening everyone.

Just picked up my JTR from having gears and new axle shafts installed today. All went well except after I left shop. I made a few stops and when I started my Jeep I got a dash message saying that the Aux Switches were temporarily unavailable batteries charging. After the truck ran for about 2-3 minutes everything worked fine.
My batteries set up is a Genesis Dual Battery kit with dual odyssey extreme batteries. The voltage of the batteries are 12.5-12.6 when tested at the terminals. When jeep is running my voltage reads in the low 14s.
Anyone every experience this? I made sure terminals were tight. Disconected terminals to 'reset' computer, etc.
Sponsored

LaterGator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator
yep. happened to me as well after I let my jeep parked for 2 weeks. surprised at the message and a little annoyed. What business is it of theirs if I chose to run something off the aux switch when batteries are low. Bunch of Karen's.

OP
OP
Harold0819

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon, 2008 Jeep JKU, 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk Hemi
yep. happened to me as well after I let my jeep parked for 2 weeks. surprised at the message and a little annoyed. What business is it of theirs if I chose to run something off the aux switch when batteries are low. Bunch of Karen's.
I ran the truck for a good 1.5 to 2 hours on road and still getting it. Wondering if my batteries are not holding charge as well as the should

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
I ran the truck for a good 1.5 to 2 hours on road and still getting it. Wondering if my batteries are not holding charge as well as the should
About a week after I started getting it, my truck failed to start and when I jumped it, I got the CEL.

Ended up with a bad starter battery (the little one). Turned out I had one from the early bad lots in Mexico.

OP
OP
Harold0819

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
About a week after I started getting it, my truck failed to start and when I jumped it, I got the CEL.

Ended up with a bad starter battery (the little one). Turned out I had one from the early bad lots in Mexico.
Neither battery in mine are the factory. Both are aftermarket but I'm wondering if one is crapping out under load. Sounds like it is. Especially since my truck is usually stored indoors. When I picked it up it had been outside. Maybe the colder weather is making any battery weakness show

Sponsored

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2019 Cherokee KL 2020 Gladiator JT

The main battery is the starter battery, the small ESS battery powers the interior electronics during an auto stop. A bad ESS battery can cause problems with the main battery.

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2019 Cherokee KL 2020 Gladiator JT
Good evening everyone.

Just picked up my JTR from having gears and new axle shafts installed today. All went well except after I left shop. I made a few stops and when I started my Jeep I got a dash message saying that the Aux Switches were temporarily unavailable batteries charging. After the truck ran for about 2-3 minutes everything worked fine.
My batteries set up is a Genesis Dual Battery kit with dual odyssey extreme batteries. The voltage of the batteries are 12.5-12.6 when tested at the terminals. When jeep is running my voltage reads in the low 14s.
Anyone every experience this? I made sure terminals were tight. Disconected terminals to 'reset' computer, etc.
On the factory system, the battery sensor monitors the power into and out of the main battery and reports the state of charge of the main battery to the system. The system can take various action based on the state of charge of the main battery. See page 116 of the owners manual for more information.

When you install the Genesis kit as recommended, the battery sensor is connected to and reporting on the auxiliary battery and not the main battery. Apparently, the battery sensor is reporting that your auxiliary battery is not fully charged.

Sandman21

First Name
Dagoberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The main battery is the starter battery, the small ESS battery powers the interior electronics during an auto stop. A bad ESS battery can cause problems with the main battery.
Been noticing the same message on mine for about a couple of weeks now, actively monitoring charge on the dash for about a week and I’m in the 12s to 14s. Car failed to start once with remote start, and notice that automatic shutoff hasn’t been working about the same period. So could my ESS battery gone bad hence ESS stopped working? Could main battery get drained if don’t replace ESS one?

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I got it after I left the ignition on overnight. Jumped it and it started fine after that but warning would periodically come back. So I isolated and load tester the batteries individually, the big one was going bad.

Along the way I discovered the SBS and the joys of having 11.5v on the ground cable with both batteries disconnected.

For the record to power down the JT/JL entirely, the ground connection on the passenger fender well located between the battery and the PDC had to be disconnected (and it will spark when you reconnect it)

In your case if the SBS is still present I would try to do a reset on it. I would also load test both batteries, bet one is bad.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Been noticing the same message on mine for about a couple of weeks now, actively monitoring charge on the dash for about a week and I’m in the 12s to 14s. Car failed to start once with remote start, and notice that automatic shutoff hasn’t been working about the same period. So could my ESS battery gone bad hence ESS stopped working? Could main battery get drained if don’t replace ESS one?
If one battery is failing, it will drain the other battery and can lead to its failure.
Sponsored