Sponsored

Aux switches?

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gobi Jeep Renegade. Priors: 2007 Rescue Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I have a ruby 2020 manual transmission Gladiator with ARE cap. Love it... but I need to sell it for an automatic (long story, won't bore you).

I have aux switches on my MT Glad - never used them. What are they used for (newbie here)?

I don't plan to off road, have lights, a winch, etc... I do plan to pull a vintage trailer.

Thanks!
Jeep Gladiator Aux switches? UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_ac9a
Sponsored

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have a ruby 2020 manual transmission Gladiator with ARE cap. Love it... but I need to sell it for an automatic (long story, won't bore you).

I have aux switches on my MT Glad - never used them. What are they used for (newbie here)?

I don't plan to off road, have lights, a winch, etc... I do plan to pull a vintage trailer.

Thanks!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_ac9a.jpg

Thanks!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_ac9a.jpg
Even if you don't off road, you may want to rethink no accessory lights if you plan on camping or driving in bad weather

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
The cost is so low (like the tow package) it's just worth it even if you can't think of an immediate use for it. Such a PITA to install later.

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
For how cheap they are to include on a factory order it's almost a no brainier to just get them. You basically just lose a bit of cubby space, but future proof if you change your mind on any small electronics that you may want to wire up in the future. You can also easily add additional USB or cigarette outlets using them if that intrigues you.

A popular recent mod on the forums is adding aux lights to the rear bumper which may also come in handy for lighting your trailer up for loading/unloading.

The Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
Aux lighting, radios, charging a camping battery, oil slicks, ejector seats, etc........

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Right now the halos on my headlights, lol. Had them unused for over a year because I added them in as a "it would suck to save $300 and need them". Once the aux reverse lights become a thing I will finally have a use for them though.

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
Better to have and not need, then to need and not have. At $300 it's a steal if you're ordering. Now if you're strictly shopping inventory and it has everything you want at the right price I wouldn't nix the deal just for that, there are aftermarket solutions to fill that gap. BUT if you're ordering, put them in, you'll find a need I garonnnnteeeeeee.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
I didn't get them, didn't see the need, now I am thinking about getting the Oracle reflector back up light combo for backing up, and now putting a frig, water pump in and air compressor problaby, so now looking at options , all for more cash even without the time.......Jack
HI I'M JACK.........DON'T BE A JACK!

Mojave Dr.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Naturopathic doctor
For the money... get 'em. I didn't think I would be using mine either (bought off the lot and had them, other wise I wouldn't have ordered them) but have front KC bumper lights coming to mount up - it's definitely nice not to have to mess with getting switches or worry about anything but basic wiring now. I'm really glad I have them!

Sponsored

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
Get them factory installed off the lot. More than a few posts/threads of many people bitching about installing the kit after the fact.
Hardest part is poking a hole in the passenger foot well grommet and pulling the wires through. Otherwise it's just basic wire pinning and disassemble/reassemble. Also have to pay the dealer to "flash" them to work properly if you don't have a programmer that can do it. But yes, after all this is said and done, you'd pay more than if you just had them factory installed.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Hardest part is poking a hole in the passenger foot well grommet and pulling the wires through. Otherwise it's just basic wire pinning and disassemble/reassemble. Also have to pay the dealer to "flash" them to work properly if you don't have a programmer that can do it. But yes, after all this is said and done, you'd pay more than if you just had them factory installed.
Yeah, it is not undoable. Just one of those things that most who had to do it over again, would have opted to have bought one already factory installed.

I did the kit install on my 2018 JL as I was penny pinching when I originally shopped for it. One of those life lessons you learn after the fact.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Well so many uses for them if you have them. A big plus is aux hot wiring that you can direct wire a 12v outlet to or a dash cam, and that's not even using any switched wires. 2 40 amp and 2 15 amp. I wish I could get 4 more next to the set I have.

MHulsey91

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Lucky for my I already had the programmer. Just had to get the Gateway bypass module. Got the Aux switch kit arriving today (if the UPS guy can make it down my drive). Hopefully will be installing this weekend.
Sponsored