Sponsored

Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper)

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
You can install the reverse lights to a switch if you would like, but at this time we will only have the white LED available. You could look into a red film over the leds too!
What about a strobe feature?
Sponsored

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer

Clay

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired LEO
Option B with a plug and play harness to the reverse light.

DougF

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I want to start running my wiring now so my Gladiator will be ready when the lights come out! How many watts will these use?

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
I want to start running my wiring now so my Gladiator will be ready when the lights come out! How many watts will these use?
15W max each.

Sponsored

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
Glad you went with a light/reflector combo! I want in on the group buy for these, any updates yet on group buy and/or if you think a March shipment target is still on track?

I would hope these have diffused light lens and preferably are plug in play also. Personally I have no idea why someone needs to see 50ft + behind them when backing up using a spot light. There is zero need to have spot lights shinning across the street and onto the other garage as pictured in the JL thread. Is it cool? Hell yeah! But is it needed? Nope! For $150 (my guess on price) I want a backup light solution that actually works and is cool, not just something that gives a 1 time wow factor because it’s so bright. You’re in reverse at less than 5mph you need to see what’s 0ft to about 15ft away and as close to 180 degrees around/behind you as possible. Just my pointless 2 cents rant. Count me in either way!

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
Glad you went with a light/reflector combo! I want in on the group buy for these, any updates yet on group buy and/or if you think a March shipment target is still on track?

I would hope these have diffused light lens and preferably are plug in play also. Personally I have no idea why someone needs to see 50ft + behind them when backing up using a spot light. There is zero need to have spot lights shinning across the street and onto the other garage as pictured in the JL thread. Is it cool? Hell yeah! But is it needed? Nope! For $150 (my guess on price) I want a backup light solution that actually works and is cool, not just something that gives a 1 time wow factor because it’s so bright. You’re in reverse at less than 5mph you need to see what’s 0ft to about 15ft away and as close to 180 degrees around/behind you as possible. Just my pointless 2 cents rant. Count me in either way!

Yes, no need in blinding people behind you when backing out. In today's world, you don't need to piss off anybody.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security

Depends. I actually would like these as aux and to upgrade the standard reverse lights. there are uses for having something powerful in reverse at night. I agree though it is limited use for most people. I can't imagine having something this powerful turning on everytime somebody goes into reverse. Lens would be a good way to allow for people to use them how they need them.

Sponsored

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
Depends. I actually would like these as aux and to upgrade the standard reverse lights. there are uses for having something powerful in reverse at night. I agree though it is limited use for most people. I can't imagine having something this powerful turning on everytime somebody goes into reverse. Lens would be a good way to allow for people to use them how they need them.
Agreed, def don't need anyone telling me what's needed and what's not.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
Did someone say interchangeable lens like the new KC Flex Era 3?? That would be cool!

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Did someone say interchangeable lens like the new KC Flex Era 3?? That would be cool!
Somebody above me had mentoned it. Seemed like a great idea since personally I want this for its ability to throw light, but others want these as automatic reverse lights that come on everytime. Seems like a win-win senario if the lenses can be swaped.

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
You’re in reverse at less than 5mph you need to see what’s 0ft to about 15ft away and as close to 180 degrees around/behind you as possible. Just my pointless 2 cents rant. Count me in either way!
We used mixed beam optics in the JL and plan to use the same for this design. These provide illuminated distance while also providing a bubble of light directly behind the vehicle. We find this provides the most functional and beneficial lighting.

I say harness with on/off/reverse switch.
These will tap to the factory reverse lights and have an optional PNP reverse light harness. The lights can also be wired to the vehicle aux switches or to both an aux switch and reverse lights with the addition of an inline diode.

Any updated release date?
We are looking at a mid-April release right now with there being a bit of a backlog on getting the molds completed. Hopefully we can move that date up a bit.

Interchangeable lenses are a great suggestion but would have some challenges in this particular application and would increase the price substantially. Suggestion is appreciated but we will continue to move forward with the existing design.

I'd be in for a group buy. đź‘Ť
The plan is to hold off on starting the GB until we have a firm release date. We don't want to take anyone's money until we can provide a release date that we feel confident in.

Will definitely be posting an update on the GB soon when we have the ETA established :like:
Sponsored