Sponsored

Baja Boss AT Availability and decision time.

rezar1

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I have been waiting for Baja Boss At 37s to come back in stock for more than 3 months. Everything is done on the truck except the tires (lift, gear, etc.)
A month ago, MT told me 2-4 weeks ETA but today, they told me the same thing, 2-4 weeks.

At this point I have to make a decision whether to keep on waiting or go with something else.

What would you recommend? If it's another tire, what would be something comparable?
Sponsored

SSinGA

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2018 JLUR, 2016 JKRHR, 2022 MK8 GTI
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cube Monkey
Nitto Ridge Grappler is pretty comparable. Maxxis RAZR AT might be a good alternate too.

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
I have really liked my ridge grapplers but the MT’s are in another league. I’d say the bfg ko2’s come close except for side wall looks and functionality and you would have to do 39’s to get that 37”ratio. Maybe the Yokohama at’s or Falken wildpeaks to get the 3 peak rating. If you wanted a more mt look , maybe the cooper stt pro’s. Or even kenda kleavers
The Mickey Thompson at’s are definitely worth the wait but so hard to get.

jc1986

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon sting grey 6spd
I have really liked my ridge grapplers but the MT’s are in another league. I’d say the bfg ko2’s come close except for side wall looks and functionality and you would have to do 39’s to get that 37”ratio. Maybe the Yokohama at’s or Falken wildpeaks to get the 3 peak rating. If you wanted a more mt look , maybe the cooper stt pro’s. Or even kenda kleavers
https://offroadalliance.com/Mickey-Thompson-90000036824/

They state they 23 in stock…..

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
For what it’s worth, I have them in 37, and they’re amazing. They excel in snow, ice, rain, and rock crawling. They’re around 36.5 people inflated, and down to about 36 flat with the weight of the JT on them at 36psi. And my matching spare fits under the bed without having to remove the heat shield. I did need the clayton bent rear track bar. Have you checked 4 wheel parts?
Jeep Gladiator Baja Boss AT Availability and decision time. 41294E2E-0EF8-400C-80E3-527AC9730035

Sponsored

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
For what it’s worth, I have them in 37, and they’re amazing. They excel in snow, ice, rain, and rock crawling. They’re around 36.5 people inflated, and down to about 36 flat with the weight of the JT on them at 36psi. And my matching spare fits under the bed without having to remove the heat shield. I did need the clayton bent rear track bar. Have you checked 4 wheel parts?
Jeep Gladiator Baja Boss AT Availability and decision time. 41294E2E-0EF8-400C-80E3-527AC9730035
I super agree… and I checked 4wp site… in Denver location they say they can get some… check around OP

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I super agree… and I checked 4wp site… in Denver location they say they can get some… check around OP
I got mine at the one in Sheridan.

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
OP
OP
rezar1

rezar1

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Thanks all, It seems like the best thing to do is wait a little bit longer. While I buy most things online, when it comes to tires I prefer to use local shops so that if there are issues, I can take it to them to resolve. My current order is with my local America's Tires. I'll wait couple of more weeks and if it doesn't go anywhere, I will find a dealer that can get them. 4WP shows in stock as well as couple of other online shops. Not sure how they are getting them while others are not.

OP
OP
rezar1

rezar1

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Are those stock Rubicon wheels? If so, how does the 37s fit on those? I thought they were too narrow for the 37s.

Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Thanks all, It seems like the best thing to do is wait a little bit longer. While I buy most things online, when it comes to tires I prefer to use local shops so that if there are issues, I can take it to them to resolve. My current order is with my local America's Tires. I'll wait couple of more weeks and if it doesn't go anywhere, I will find a dealer that can get them. 4WP shows in stock as well as couple of other online shops. Not sure how they are getting them while others are not.

Local shop is on a different distribution network, most likely 4wp has them in their warehouse versus the standard tire network. Always check places like tire rack, simple tire, discount tire, tire buyer, and then the off road shops as well if you're looking for stock as i've found they all have different distribution networks (although with TR bought by discount tire they may share now)

OP
OP
rezar1

rezar1

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Local shop is on a different distribution network, most likely 4wp has them in their warehouse versus the standard tire network. Always check places like tire rack, simple tire, discount tire, tire buyer, and then the off road shops as well if you're looking for stock as i've found they all have different distribution networks (although with TR bought by discount tire they may share now)
When I mentioned local shop, I meant a physical shop. The shop that I am working with right now is America's Tire (Discount Tire) shop locally.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase