Bak Revolver X4 vs X4s

tamu12th

First Name
Mike D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave, 2022 Wagoneer Series II
I saw something similar with my cover after I put it on and washed the truck. Thought that I had just sprayed at an odd angle with the hose and haven't had any rain yet to check if that really was the case. I too received extra gasket material but wasn't sure what to do with it since the instructions didn't say and it wasn't enough for both rails, so I didn't use it. Let us know if it fixes your issue though.
I took the bed cover off and applied the extra gasket material over the top of existing gasket material. The extra gasket in the box needs to be ripped in half lengthwise, which is easily done, and there was plenty. Re-installing the rails was a pain because the gaskets are now so thick. It went back on, but sits at an angle where the gasket is obviously too thick. Maybe it will settle in with time. Will report back after rain.

In hindsight, I should have ripped off the original thin gasket and installed the thicker one. The thin gasket from the factory clearly does not seal the side rails against the rough texture of the factory side rail plastic. Or, Bak could have just installed the thicker one to begin with.

DBBED5B8-88DB-4353-869F-0172AD4C85AD.jpeg

3744C25F-459A-4188-9FCD-169391FAD7BA.jpeg

3D69DD94-BCB8-475A-9496-7C7602CC1713.jpeg
Sponsored

tamu12th

First Name
Mike D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome to know that the included gasket material, but not enough and no instructions on where to put it. 🤣. I am currently waiting on the 3 set of rails so that I can install mine, it’s only been sitting in the garage for a month. 🤬🤬
When I removed the rails, I had to pull/pry hard on the front rubber screw mounts that rely on screw/friction at the front headwall. The prying bent the aluminum brackets at the front, similar to your picture. I just bent them back into place. They aren’t that strong to begin with, they more align the rails equally to the headwall and get screwed tight. I bet tightening them up will straighten them out. Maybe just bend those raw aluminum brackets back straight, and install yours to be done with it?

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
I took the bed cover off and applied the extra gasket material over the top of existing gasket material. The extra gasket in the box needs to be ripped in half lengthwise, which is easily done, and there was plenty. Re-installing the rails was a pain because the gaskets are now so thick. It went back on, but sits at an angle where the gasket is obviously too thick. Maybe it will settle in with time. Will report back after rain.

In hindsight, I should have ripped off the original thin gasket and installed the thicker one. The thin gasket from the factory clearly does not seal the side rails against the rough texture of the factory side rail plastic. Or, Bak could have just installed the thicker one to begin with.

Jeep Gladiator Bak Revolver X4 vs X4s 3D69DD94-BCB8-475A-9496-7C7602CC1713

How thick and wide gasket did you get? The 3rd set of rails should be here tomorrow or Wednesday, want to have everything ready for the weekend when I put it on, that is if the rails are straight. 🤣🤣

tamu12th

First Name
Mike D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How thick and wide gasket did you get? The 3rd set of rails should be here tomorrow or Wednesday, want to have everything ready for the weekend when I put it on, that is if the rails are straight. 🤣🤣
I used the “extra” gasket material that was in the box. It ripped perfectly down the middle, so each piece was about 3/8” wide, 3/16” thick, and over 5’ long. The factory gasket under the side rails is about 1/16” thick, which wasn’t enough to keep mine dry.

Good luck with the install, hope it goes on without any issues.

kidintraffic

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR

I opened a case with Bak to find out what this 'extra' seal is supposed to be used for. Turns out it's a bulkhead seal, but not for the Gladiator.

Sponsored

tamu12th

First Name
Mike D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I opened a case with Bak to find out what this 'extra' seal is supposed to be used for. Turns out it's a bulkhead seal, but not for the Gladiator.
Interesting, glad it was in the box as it came in handy. Its much higher quality than the thicker gasket for the front bulkhead seal. When I removed the bed cover to install the 2nd gasket, I found that the thicker bulkhead gasket was not adhering good to the spray in bed liner. I doubt it will be an issue because the bed cover squeezes down on the thicker gasket. Gravity and friction will keep it in place.

cmb396

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Anyone know if this bed cover will work with JCR bed rack?

tamu12th

First Name
Mike D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I saw something similar with my cover after I put it on and washed the truck. Thought that I had just sprayed at an odd angle with the hose and haven't had any rain yet to check if that really was the case. I too received extra gasket material but wasn't sure what to do with it since the instructions didn't say and it wasn't enough for both rails, so I didn't use it. Let us know if it fixes your issue though.
We had another hard rain. The thicker gasket seemed to help some, but there is still some water getting in. Oh well. It’s “mostly” dry.? Keep your sensitive stuff in the middle of the bed, or keep it in dry boxes.

E5DC2194-8EF8-4388-993F-3CFF13D354D7.jpeg

B569653C-9432-4B1B-85CA-54657406D8D5.jpeg

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 gladiator rubicon
Figured I’d try my luck and ended up ordering one from backflip.com as well. I tried at bakindustries.com first and got denied. Then I went to backflip.com and called the number on the bottom, then spoke to a salesman named Alex. I mentioned the forum and he had to confirm with a manager first, but they matched the price of $829 + tax! Posting the email on the forum to help out anyone else too. Should be here in 5 days as well🤘🏻

D6ADEA88-7ED3-44E3-A4BC-9CDAC2993FDA.jpeg
Thanks for all the info guys on this thread about getting a discount. I just got off the phone with Brandon who is super awesome from bakflip. I didn't realize that realtruck owns them. Well I was able to get the same price on the x4s as you guys. Looking forward to doing the install of the cover. :rock:

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
The extra, short pieces that are taller than the seal gasket are not for sealing.
They go on the backside of the cover when rolled open. They are to be placed where the cover would make contact with the rear window if you do a loose roll up. Those pieces are to prevent damage to the rear window.
If you watch the install video it covers this.

Sponsored

Lugnut75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU
They seem to still be offering the deal. Emailed Alex Pendleton from other posts. Got the cover for $850. Said 4 week lead time. Ordered 12/16. Got a notice that it should be here on 12/31.

jeremy342

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
what is the max height of something that can go in the bed with this closed? my mojave came with the mopar hard cover, and it sits in bed a bit, so 16" is the max with it. just wondering if one of these would provide much extra space ?

OP
OP
Axeman

Axeman

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Auto Tech
Anyone on here interested in the Front Runner Load Bar? I'm selling a pair of 58" in Massachusetts. Would probably be too difficult to ship something that size but can meet locally.
$300
Jeep Gladiator Bak Revolver X4 vs X4s IMG_4223

Jeep Gladiator Bak Revolver X4 vs X4s IMG_4224

Jeep Gladiator Bak Revolver X4 vs X4s IMG_4226

Hoss

First Name
Hollis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Automotive manufacturing
Can anyone clarify for me about installing over a spray in bed liner? Do I have to grind any of the bed liner away before installing?
Sponsored