Banks beats up on Pedal Commander

IPRoutes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mojave 2023 Bright White
Occupation
Sr. Network Architect
I prefer just the facts, presented in a well ordered and convincing manner. All the rest is hand waving, hyperbole, and insults which reduces the credibility of the presenter and the presentation. While I believe in their product, I lost some respect for the company and Mr. Banks.
Ditto.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Troybilt

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
I prefer just the facts, presented in a well ordered and convincing manner. All the rest is hand waving, hyperbole, and insults which reduces the credibility of the presenter and the presentation. While I believe in their product, I lost some respect for the company and Mr. Banks.
You sound like a quaker. Is it wrong to fight back against someone calling you out as a weaker opponent? I think not my friend.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I had a lot going on and left my Pedal Commander plugged in during a service where they happened to update the software in my truck and it screwed up the P Commander. Throws my truck into limp mode when connected which is a shame considering it really made a big driving experience
Software update isn't going to mess up a pedal mapper. Likely it's like so many others have experienced - it's causing issues just because of what it is.
No flash is going to touch that thing and mess with it.

From what I gathered from the video is that Pedal Commander posted trash talk on their web page that they are better than Banks. As a business owner this video with facts presented and a slight amount of instigation is the perfect response. I enjoy a company that is better and not afraid to poke a finger in the eye of the weaker competitor that chooses to call them out. It also sounds like Banks is a USA made product and Pedal Commander is made in Turkey.
Exactly - it wasn't a "tirade", it was a rational response with humor tossed in to counter a totally irrational trash talk from another company that can't even format their trash talk properly.
He makes great points.

What do you do against such a stupid poorly written piece of trash against your company - but hit back with humor and show just how dumb the other guy is - and prove it in the process. He's built a very respected company and knows what he's doing, and has for years - then that crap article from Turkey comes along and he simply shows how stupid and silly they are. I could imagine feeling like he did while he was reading some of that bull from Turkey - like OMG, how do you even respond to that? By calling it what it is.

Everyone has a product to sell and providing you a problem you didn't know you had. Why must we trash someone else's product that has served the Jeep and other auto enthusiast communities for years. The Pedal Commander has been highly touted on this site since I joined.
highly touted by those who before didn't know any better.
i was skeptical of the commander from what little I knew before I even saw that video - he simply confirmed what I was finding on my own - instead of nice curves you have sharp lines and drops, and you pull power from the pedal's power supply?
Something can be highly touted - face it, few ever want to admit something they bought and talked about what a great thing they did - that perhaps it wasn't so good in the end. In forums, when someone asks what should I buy - the responses will be whatever the responder has bought, because to say otherwise would be admitting maybe it wasn't such a great choice.
There's a lot of highly touted products, and a lot of "respected 4x4 shops" - and I just shake my head sometimes............

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not saying his points were not valid but don't act like the screaming infomercial guy. If you believe you have invented a better mousetrap than good for you but don't sensationalize it. If your product is that much better than let it speak for itself not scream for itself.
Where did he scream? He was, as my mother would say, "flabbergasted" by the idiocy, stupidity, and extremely poorly written crap from the other guys. So he struck back.
It's hard to "let your product speak for itself" when there's BS like that piece he was pointing out and people buy the cheaper product, without knowing better, without realizing how much better it could or should be. Sometimes you have to say hold on - let's straighten some things out - with 100% facts - no hyperbole. I didn't see hyperbole here.

I have to laugh - really - at the many dozens of people swearing the pedal commander gives them MORE POWER ! They are positive their 0-60 times are better, that they have more horsepower, are getting better mpg and it's solved climate change for their part of the world. It's just stupid - but people believe it and keep repeating it out there.

Jeep Gladiator Banks beats up on Pedal Commander 1707625653217

Jeep Gladiator Banks beats up on Pedal Commander 1707625716057

Jeep Gladiator Banks beats up on Pedal Commander 1707625752339

OP
OP
Troybilt

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Exactly - it wasn't a "tirade", it was a rational response with humor tossed in to counter a totally irrational trash talk from another company that can't even format their trash talk properly.
He makes great points.

I bet you and I would hang out in a dirty shop together just find my friend.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Badunit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon, 1997 TJ
What do you do against such a stupid poorly written piece of trash against your company - but hit back with humor and show just how dumb the other guy is - and prove it in the process.
For this customer (i.e., me, who owns a Pedal Monster), the "humorous" approach was not effective and was actually counterproductive.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
I watched the vid, all the way through.

He didn't go on a tirade. He went on a line by line debunking schpiel against a company that posted up falsehoods about his company.

He used graphs and charts that company has posted up to show why their product doesn't deliver what they claim.
He used snippets of videos about that companies poor products from their own customers.
He stated facts about where each product is manufactured and what is and isn't in them.

There was no ranting and raving and waving of hands, that's just Gale being a salesman.

If you don't like the fact he called out a company for throwing false facts about his company on the internet, then that's on you. Personally I like the idea he stood up to a company that makes false claims about their own products and his.

If they hadn't have posted up that page, he never would have said a word about them.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I watched the vid, all the way through.

He didn't go on a tirade. He went on a line by line debunking schpiel against a company that posted up falsehoods about his company.

He used graphs and charts that company has posted up to show why their product doesn't deliver what they claim.
He used snippets of videos about that companies poor products from their own customers.
He stated facts about where each product is manufactured and what is and isn't in them.

There was no ranting and raving and waving of hands, that's just Gale being a salesman.

If you don't like the fact he called out a company for throwing false facts about his company on the internet, then that's on you. Personally I like the idea he stood up to a company that makes false claims about their own products and his.

If they hadn't have posted up that page, he never would have said a word about them.
He was acting like any other person trying to figure out what the heck the other guy is saying and how do you counter bull crap, falsehoods, and goofy text like mini amps or whatever it was.
It was a very very poorly written thing making me totally question pedal commander. After reading the article he was referring to - it would absolutely turn me away from "commander". Any company that comes out with that sort of thing is really and truly grasping at straws, it appeared desperate. On the other hand - Banks was "how the heck do you counter this? It's not even really understandable!"
He did his best. But I've read things that were just so full of holes, so very poorly written, and just plain wrong, that I've been in the same place he was - WTF are they even saying - and how do you debate BS and made up stuff with facts?

Just that bit he ripped apart told me I'm glad I didn't buy the other product - and the facts, charts, the curves for each mode, that was enough for me.
In other words - his video was extremely easy to understand, factual, stuck the points the other guys were trying, but failed to do a good job, make in their own crazy article.
People being people would buy into that bunk - about having to pay double, and all the other nonsense.

Last edited:

Mojave2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
Not going to bother watching the video but the Banks Pedal Monster is a much better product than the Pedal Commander. It’s safer (specifically disabling when in reverse), more functional and much more technologically advanced. My favorite mod on my JT - to me good enough to not need to regear my gasser.

Mr. Banks has every right to be proud about making a great product.

Sponsored

Nitroexpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, '82 Jeep CJ-8,
I bought a "Hike It" brand throttle controller and experienced a VERY dangerous situation when it failed. I removed it and could never recommend installing one of these controllers that has no fail safe built in. The Hike It worked flawlessly for almost two years until the day it didn't....

I watched Banks video and thought it used humor and facts to dispel what Pedal Commander started.

I'd like one of those bull$hit buttons for work, but I don't think I could afford to keep batteries in it.

Last edited:

dayusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Mojave & 2022 JLU High-Tide
Occupation
Retired Marine; Divorce Attorney
Banks, in my opinion, has always made good products. I like the fact that he pointed out the "sub station" is in CA but the product isn't made here and that other one they make with the American flag on the box that isn't made here either.
I didn't know there were such things as "throttle correctors" or whatever they are called until I read this thread. I just bought the Banks Pedel Monster because of this thread!!

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
It's what the kids call "clowning", which is apropos for this situation.

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
You sound like a quaker. Is it wrong to fight back against someone calling you out as a weaker opponent? I think not my friend.
I think he was referring to the antics that was not necessary, imo, and detract from the whole presentation. Makes the whole thing seem less than serious.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I've got about 18 months on my Pedal Monster with no issues so far.
Sponsored