Sponsored

Beamtech LED

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I believe all leds flicker to some degree, it is impossible to see most of the time but as they run on alternating current they are constantly turning on and off, shows up in videos.
Leds operate by turning on and off at such a high rate, the human eye doesn't really see it. That's why they flicker during videos unless shutter speed is dealt with. Ideally u want a set of leds with canbus built in. This should keep visible flicker and dash warning lights away. Also won't need to change settings internally from halogen to led. But not all canbus bulb replacements are good. Took me some trial and error to find what worked. That's not to say that some cheaper bulbs are not good. Wattage draw can also play a role here with flicker and warning lights. If u keep wattage at or near rated wattage of halogen, shouldn't have an issue. Once u get to half or less, u may see those issues arise without canbus, especially the hyper flash with turn signal.
Sponsored

OP
OP
93civej1

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
it was still bugging me this morning after sleeping on it, and decided to go see if revving up the RPM would cause it to stop. It did enough to cause the small pulsing to stop at idle.

I decided to just go ahead and change my JSCAN setting to LED to see what would happen. Changed the low beam first and then looked. Seems to have taken it away. These are on the beamtech 10000 bulbs. Interesting. I could still see my DRL barely doing it, but maybe not as noticeable now. (they are the canbus friendly ones everyone uses).

I went ahead and changed all my settings to LED. Low, High , DRL, Turn and Fog to the LED settings in JSCAN. Look again. Not noticing any more pulsating now.

When you do change to a LED setting in JScan, are they still performing or operating at their intended peak performance on the bulbs or does it take away some of the performance of the lights?

For now changing the settings to all LED seems to be good for me.

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
Mine have small fans on them, and they're still going strong.

OP
OP
93civej1

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
i no longer am at the moment. I still have them, but i scored a super deal on some of the kiwimaster 9" cross type halo LED and have been running them now. I like them, but not so much the output. They were hard to aim, and I still cant see that great with them.

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
How do you change the settings to led in jscan? Is it the option that says led low beam lamps present on/off?
Sponsored