Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mekmagnet.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
President & CEO
I don't know about you, but I don't feel that pinstriping your $50k Jeep is a badge of honor. That's why I developed removable trail armor and continue to innovate new armor products that style your Jeep while performing their primary function of protecting your paint. Check out our new lightweight Armor line for the JL, JLU and JT models. Its a ballistic resin utilizing nano-hold technology to stick to the new Jeeps aluminum and all! The new Armor is half the weight of our magnetic version, reusable up to 200 times, washable (if the sticky side ever gets dirty or loses stickiness simply rinse with water and air dry to reactivate) and the hold is so strong no legal highway speed has yet to budge it... Ok, we may have pushed the speed test above legal highway speeds, like Auto Bahn style ;)

As Jeeps get more advanced and expensive, don't trash your look with scrapes and scratches. Protect your investment with stylish and functional Armor. AND, if you didn't see a design you love, we do custom as well! Now your Jeep fully represents who you are, on or off the clock!

Check out www.mekmagnet.com
Jeep Gladiator Because Jeep Happens.... Lightweight, Removable Trail Armor from MEK Magnet IMG_3651
Jeep Gladiator Because Jeep Happens.... Lightweight, Removable Trail Armor from MEK Magnet 8D4A43F2-62F3-4372-A7A3-EF9A42EE03FF 2.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Because Jeep Happens.... Lightweight, Removable Trail Armor from MEK Magnet 5511
Jeep Gladiator Because Jeep Happens.... Lightweight, Removable Trail Armor from MEK Magnet Custom JLU
Sponsored

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
I don’t know, like the title says, Jeep happens. I don’t plan to damage my truck, but If it does happen, I have white and I’ll be none the wiser.

OP
OP
Monika

Monika

First Name
Monika
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mekmagnet.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
President & CEO
Presume there is a rough schedule for inventory?

Seems every option is backordered.
We are producing inventory now. We’ve been filling customer orders till now and will have inventory in stock starting tomorrow! :)

RobbertCole

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 1997 Mustang GT
Its not a badge of honor

but $1k for a magnetic roll is steep. CNC machines aren't cheap, CAD software isn't either, vinyl cutter/printer, ect I get the upfront cost for the business is big, but that just seems steep.

but for $100 on amazon and a lot of my own razor time I think id be DIYing this and just have plain black magnet armor.

or after a few years just buff out all the pinstriping like i have on every other offroad rig ive ever had. You can pay a (good, not some dealership hack) a few hundred to a thousand to get your exterior right.

cool idea tho, I genuinely like it. Great way to change up exterior styling with an actual purpose.

Sponsored

n8leav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Eco
This is cool!.. will definitely check it out. I like the idea of this especially considering the cost of a full wrap. I am curious about longevity (product life) and wear and tear. Also, I like the modular design, and was wondering if you can replace a single piece if one gets damaged? Just curious.

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
I do love the idea of protecting the paint on my brand new JT but.......
(fine print says)
Not intended for highway speeds
-so drive to site and put on.
Must be applied to clean surface.
-drive to site and wash before applying.
Apply to dry vehicle
-drive to site, wash and dry before applying.
Do not apply over wax
-so if you care enough to have waxed your Jeep you will have to clay bar the wax off
Do not allow water to get between it and paint
-no mudding while on trails
With an hour + of install time who has time for all of this? Proper storage to not damage the armor.
I am sure that this is a quality item and will do exactly as it is proposed, just a lot of effort. If you have a big trip planned known for trail rash, then totally worth it.

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
Innovative for sure, not really interested in the flashy part. Thoughts on just offering solid colors?

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I can’t tell from the website exactly how many pieces it is, or what it covers. How about selling me just something to protect the windshield A-pillar? That seems to be the place my paint is showing the most abuse.

Sponsored

ShastaJT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy`s JT
I really like the look of the white JT in the second photo, but for $700, I could just get a few rolls of vinyl, wrap the sides, purchase an apply some decals, and have... $450 leftover after buying dinner.

The idea of these being temporary is neat, but in practice, I wouldnt want to deal with taking them on and off all the time, or worrying about them blowing away on the freeway, storing them.. Id just go with a permanent solution.

OP
OP
Monika

Monika

First Name
Monika
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mekmagnet.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
President & CEO
This is cool!.. will definitely check it out. I like the idea of this especially considering the cost of a full wrap. I am curious about longevity (product life) and wear and tear. Also, I like the modular design, and was wondering if you can replace a single piece if one gets damaged? Just curious.
Hi! With proper care the Armor will last a life time, and we can definitely replace single panels as well đź‘Ś

OP
OP
Monika

Monika

First Name
Monika
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mekmagnet.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
President & CEO
I do love the idea of protecting the paint on my brand new JT but.......
(fine print says)
Not intended for highway speeds
-so drive to site and put on.
Must be applied to clean surface.
-drive to site and wash before applying.
Apply to dry vehicle
-drive to site, wash and dry before applying.
Do not apply over wax
-so if you care enough to have waxed your Jeep you will have to clay bar the wax off
Do not allow water to get between it and paint
-no mudding while on trails
With an hour + of install time who has time for all of this? Proper storage to not damage the armor.
I am sure that this is a quality item and will do exactly as it is proposed, just a lot of effort. If you have a big trip planned known for trail rash, then totally worth it.
The JT Armor when installed properly will not come off at any speed, our magnetic hood Armor is our only product not rated for highway use. You can definitely run thru mud, crazy storms, water crossing and all that with your Armor on, but I do recommend to check regularly so you don’t keep your Armor on for extended periods of time with moisture trapped in between the Armor and Jeep. Wax is fine too, but not products with Teflon, anti-static or non-stick properties and those chemicals fight the nano-hold grip of the Armor. Apply to a clean and dry Jeep are my only sticklers ;)

it’s an amazing product, very low maintenance and will save you thousands in protecting your pain.

OP
OP
Monika

Monika

First Name
Monika
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mekmagnet.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
President & CEO
I really like the look of the white JT in the second photo, but for $700, I could just get a few rolls of vinyl, wrap the sides, purchase an apply some decals, and have... $450 leftover after buying dinner.

The idea of these being temporary is neat, but in practice, I wouldnt want to deal with taking them on and off all the time, or worrying about them blowing away on the freeway, storing them.. Id just go with a permanent solution.
These are really easy to put on and off and designed to be reusable. After your second time using them they’ve already paid for themselves 👌
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.